News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreyClock

Yeah, that's something... My dad had a similar experience when he had a fever and he stopped drinking water for some reason. He was told he was at the point of dehydration and death. He didn't go into detail as to the particularity of the dream, only that it was bizarre and a sort of overload of the senses.

Finding out what to call these experiences is difficult. I'm usually pretty good at googling a few terms and finding something appropriate. Like when I found out I'm prone to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Wonderland_syndrome

The problem here is that once you start searching for stuff about visions you're buried under an avalanche of dumb stuff: glitches in the matrix, clairvoyance, religion, whatever.

Quote from: Slurpee on August 23, 2011, 02:11:37 PM
Quote from: GreyClock;1842943I once woke up to see this woman in Victorian clothing pushing a baby carriage down the hallway next to my room. In some crazy reflex I threw my pillow at her. Then I realized that recognizing distinctive details like I did would have been impossible on the account of my eyes being shit, so it was either a dream or some sort of dream residue if that's even a thing.
dream residue is definitely a thing.

it's called... hypnogogic hallucinations? I think
when you're in the state between sleeping and awake, sometimes you hallucinate, or so goes my understanding.
when it's particularly vivid, and you're not used to it being vivid, it can be jarring. I had one when I was like 7, and it was my ghost story for years.
We'll have this talk again...

Yeah, I forgot about hypnagogic hallucinations. Seems reasonable in my case. It's a little strange that it's always the same golden shots of nature though. Although my mind could fill in the blanks retroactively.

That "godhead" concept is fun. I looked it up, shroomers crack me up. "Atheist nightmare: I took some mind altering substance and met God." I read The Doors of Perception once and Huxley's like "Monks used to whip themselves and the wounds would fester and a certain fungus would grow that would lead to hallucinations. They thought these were of a religious nature, but they were WRONG! Now when I take this different substance, mescaline, the effect is similar, but my experience is TRULY religious." (Paraphrased)

You gonna circle back to the discussion about The Real?

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I tried shrooms once. I must not have done enough cause it was almost exclusively emotional, save for a short period where I stared into a mirror and my face morphed into every member of my family one after the other. it was alright tasted like death though 7/10.

Slurpee

Quote from: GreyClock on April 06, 2020, 04:00:38 AM
You gonna circle back to the discussion about The Real?
idk if I have more to say about The Real
it doesn't really correlate to what I actually believe, like, metaphysically speaking, it's just an interesting way of delineating things

or did I do a bad job of explaining it?
if so I might have to get back to you, I have a lot of homework and I just wasted like two hours photoshopping my score for the WPM thread and trying to find a place that still hosts .swfs for free and allows hotlinking

GreyClock

I don't know. I just made a number of assumptions and I was wondering how accurate they were.

What do you believe?

Slurpee

ffff yeah I'll have to get back to you
it's an interesting line of conversation and if I start typing a reply I don't know when I'll finish

RobClock

I still have nothing to contribute to this ongoing conversation (sorry), but I made a video after work today of me drinking a beer here it is
[u2]RiS_UqfaVwE[/u2]

it is a new beer i wanted to try and the video is mostly self justification for drinking after work on a monday

PhantomCatClock

I tl;dred the first part and then lost the bet because it was apparently good. Going back and reading it is on my todo list

VCRClock

is taco bell mild sauce a psyops placeholder to lend credibility to their hotter sauces' "hotness," or does anybody actually put that on food
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

every taco bell sauce tastes like sour vinegar to me and i hate them all

Slurpee

this form could really use a "WOW FUCK YOU." button

Slurpee

I sent a polite, carefully worded e-mail to the financial services department asking about this, and asking if there's any way to pay my tuition fees without going through this bullshit carny payment service
and then I checked my sent messages and I accidentally also sent an earlier draft where I, in two sentences, just called it a "COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS, MADE UP FEE" from "THESE FUCKING PARASITES"

thanks for making me keep it real, gmail's shitty web client

VCRClock

Quote from: Slurpee on April 08, 2020, 01:10:35 AM

this form could really use a "WOW FUCK YOU." button

I used to pay all my bills online except my gas bill because using a 50¢ stamp to mail it in cost less than the gas company's payment processor's "convenience fee"
that could even be the same company
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Slurpee

the only reason for a third party to get involved with payment processing is to turn a profit, and the people deciding to hand them the keys just don't give a shit because it's not coming out of their pocket
it's always some kind of shady fucking backdoor deal, the owner of the company is somebody's fucking nephew or something

PhantomCatClock

GreyClock

Slurpee

say what you will about the baby boomers, but this is probably the first time in human history that there was a deadly global plague and a not insignificant portion of the population responded with "hopefully it will kill enough elderly people to stop them" and that's a remarkable accomplishment

PhantomCatClock

would you watch a sequel of Like Mike where instead of finding MJ's shoes and getting really good at basketball, he finds MJ's glove and gets really bad at baseball

GreyClock

Quote from: Slurpee on March 31, 2020, 09:47:41 PMmaybe that's why zizek slobbers so much :duelin:
[u2]OqpxT_iJ8Mc[/u2]

Youtube recommended this. You weren't kidding lmao.

Top quote: "It's one of those nice, gentle French movies where you have incest, which is portrayed as a nice secret between mother and son. I like this."

PhantomCatClock