News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

yeah i said it WHY DON'T WE TAKE THIS TO CLOCK CREW'S BIGGEST TOPIC, EH BUB?

VCRClock

Wikipedia:List of US states in which the phrase "let's go surfing" makes any sense at all
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Slurpee

Quote from: VCRClock on May 27, 2020, 10:10:34 PM
Wikipedia:List of US states in which the phrase "let's go surfing" makes any sense at all
I was trying to list these out without googling it and realized I pretty much picture the entire new england coast as one long grey concrete block like in grand theft auto 3

GreyClock

Quote from: Slurpee on May 27, 2020, 10:36:44 PM
I was trying to list these out without googling it and realized I pretty much picture the entire new england coast as one long grey concrete block like in grand theft auto 3
New Jersey isn't in New England? Everyone knows the New England coast consists only of coves and weather beaten rocks and lighthouses and beach houses and small marinas. All backdropped by golden autumn trees all year round. Except for the area around Boston maybe.

Goddamn, I randomly dropped a street view pin somewhere on the New England coast and:
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1652327,-70.5914856,3a,75y,56.21h,86.84t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipO1knd-HCtPewowWKYWxJ8xmhGL8RGhD9nMXoNx!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipO1knd-HCtPewowWKYWxJ8xmhGL8RGhD9nMXoNx%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi0-ya333.61212-ro-0-fo100!7i8000!8i4000

GreyClock

Couldn't be more New England if a Kennedy drove a car into Stephen King's clam chowder coke shit.

In The Silence of the Lambs, the part where Clarice explains her titular backstory where she hears the slaughtering of the spring lambs and she tries to save one, but fails...

"That's it young lady, I know you're my dead [sister or brother]'s recently bereaved only child and all, but off to the orphanage you go! This very minor incident has been a mild inconvenience to me!"

Slurpee

Quote from: GreyClock on May 28, 2020, 01:26:49 AM
Quote from: Slurpee on May 27, 2020, 10:36:44 PM
New Jersey isn't in New England? Everyone knows the New England coast consists only of coves and weather beaten rocks and lighthouses and beach houses and small marinas. All backdropped by golden autumn trees all year round. Except for the area around Boston maybe.

Goddamn, I randomly dropped a street view pin somewhere on the New England coast and:
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1652327,-70.5914856,3a,75y,56.21h,86.84t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipO1knd-HCtPewowWKYWxJ8xmhGL8RGhD9nMXoNx!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipO1knd-HCtPewowWKYWxJ8xmhGL8RGhD9nMXoNx%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi0-ya333.61212-ro-0-fo100!7i8000!8i4000
I know in abstract that you're right but if you ask me to try to picture the east coast a week from now I am going to picture a grey concrete block

Slurpee

weirdly thrilling:
[u2]yKf9aUIxdb4[/u2]

it's a guy who's really good at sudoku solving a sudoku puzzle that looks ridiculous but he walks through the logic (quicker than most people could do it but slow enough to follow along) and it ends up being one of those impossibly elegant puzzle solutions that's so amazing I can't even imagine how a human being could have come up with it

when he started getting the 3's I literally said "no fucking way" out loud irl

GreyClock

Quote from: Slurpee on May 28, 2020, 09:06:04 AM
weirdly thrilling:
[u2]yKf9aUIxdb4[/u2]

it's a guy who's really good at sudoku solving a sudoku puzzle that looks ridiculous but he walks through the logic (quicker than most people could do it but slow enough to follow along) and it ends up being one of those impossibly elegant puzzle solutions that's so amazing I can't even imagine how a human being could have come up with it

when he started getting the 3's I literally said "no fucking way" out loud irl
I was going to post some dribble about the strange pull New England exerts on me. Instead now I'm not watching this video, but trying to solve the sudoku myself.

Which is why I had been avoiding this video, even though Youtube has been actively recommending it for about two weeks straight now.

Thanks for ruining my evening, asshole.

I think it's harder than it looks though, because of the extra rules. I'll report back.

GreyClock

Easier than it looks*

Slurpee

Quote from: GreyClock on May 28, 2020, 12:47:32 PM
Youtube has been actively recommending it for about two weeks straight now.
oh weird

I thought I was getting it in my recommendations because
I watched like two vsauce videos, about things like the three prisoners problem,
DECIDED THEY WERE NOT FOR ME,
and have had to click "not interested" on like four thousand goddamned vsauce videos to get them out of my recommendations

so youtube decided I must just love puzzles and my recs have just been flooded with puzzles

but maybe this is one of those algorithm anomalies that just inexplicably gets recommend to everybody like "simon gotch buries enzo amore"

GreyClock

Quote from: Slurpee on May 28, 2020, 01:25:53 PM
Quote from: GreyClock on May 28, 2020, 12:47:32 PM
Youtube has been actively recommending it for about two weeks straight now.
oh weird

I thought I was getting it in my recommendations because
I watched like two vsauce videos, about things like the three prisoners problem,
DECIDED THEY WERE NOT FOR ME,
and have had to click "not interested" on like four thousand goddamned vsauce videos to get them out of my recommendations

so youtube decided I must just love puzzles and my recs have just been flooded with puzzles

but maybe this is one of those algorithm anomalies that just inexplicably gets recommend to everybody like "simon gotch buries enzo amore"
Nah, I already watched one video by this guy at some point. It was some technique about hidden pairs or something, I can't remember.

Which really sucks, because I could use it right about now.

Vanity thy name is, my name.

PhantomCatClock

and I thought I was a genius for beating the SNES mario picross

haven't started wario mode yet tho

PhantomCatClock

"why is there a bb10 in the corner of this youtube video"

RobClock

Popped a brake line today. Called a shop and they're booking appointments for three weeks time so I'll be doing it myself tomorrow it would seem. Had a very productive morning working on the house, and for a brief moment I had hopes that things might actually be going my way.

Could use some silver lining right now

Or a rum and coke

A triple rum and coke

Keep em coming, actually

k9

rum and yokes

GreyClock

Boomshakalaka.

GreyClock

I think I made a mistake, cause there are only two options from right colom, middle row going forward and both eventually fail.

GreyClock

GreyClock

I had to start over again with 4, because of that dumb mistake. After that it was a breeze.

PhantomCatClock

inferior to roo doku