News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

WHO ARE WE? All Character Ideas In Here!

Farted by SnakeClock, March 12, 2009, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnakeClock

Who are the colourful weirdos that populate your script? Are you not sure yet, and would like to bounce off ideas for them? You've come to the right place!

Please keep all character ideas in this thread, so that there aren't dozens of threads in the forum about your characters.

I didn't come up with the characters, but I think I can discuss them anyway, such as they are. The story stars a teenage girl named Tsuvillaca (Tsu for short). She's a sprightly young thing, adventurous and curious. She ends up having God powers passed onto her from the dying jaguar goddess, Chasamma, as well as her young son, Thonapa (or "Thona"). Thona is a small black cat, who has grown introverted and resentful of humans ever since they killed his mother, but he trusts Tsu, and is willing to see the journey through with her. Tsu is a caring soul, and takes Thona under her wing.

Joined by Tsu are her brother, whom my friend hasn't named yet, who is a soldier working for an Incan noble, and Dario, a soldier working for the invading Spanish forces. Tsu's brother is cool and eager, and protective of Tsu. Dario is a little more starry-eyed than Tsu's brother, as he's excited to be in the New World. He eventually falls in love with Tsu.

Also after them are an Incan noble, who Tsu's brother works for, who wants Tsu and Thona to harness her goddess powers to turn the tide in the Inca Civil War. There's also the invading Spaniards, who, having already killed Chasamma, want to finish the job. Tsu's friends are in the employ of her enemies, which could prove tricky.

Throughout the journey, Tsu experiences some bizarre changes. Since she is an avatar of a jaguar goddess, she begins to question her humanity. She also discovers that she can transform into a fiery jaguar when she's angry, and in the story, she does it to defend Thona from some Spanish attackers, and proceeds to eat them afterwards. I'm not sure how Tsu reacts to this; my friend has left a lot of holes in their personalities.

What are some of your own character ideas?

Silly Putty Clock

I only have two character ideas so far, and one of them is going to be fictional within this work of fiction. Neither of them is very well developed, but I figured I might as well post the basic ideas that I have so far here.

The first one is Chuck Morgan "Sidewalk" Hoon. He's commonly referred to by his nickname, Sidewalk. Sidewalk is a young homeless man who earns a living by busking and selling illegal goods. I'm not sure yet how he got this way, but that's why I'm still in the character development stage. Anyway, he's kind of an outcast from most of society, because he's a stinking bum (this doesn't mean he doesn't have any friends or acquaintances; in fact, he knows many people; people who he knows will make up most of the cast, if not all of it), and he spends his days roaming around his city for lack of anything better to do. He knows the city really well. He's also really lazy when the book opens, mainly because he has no motivation. He's a bit unsure about many things, but one thing that he knows for sure is that he absolutely hates the idea of oppression or mass deception. He despises the way that many people are easily amused by meaningless dingen if it's shocking or controversial enough(go on newgrounds and you'll know what I'm referring to; this story takes place in the near future, and Internet entertainment has supplanted television as the main form of entertainment; the sort of content that goes with it inevitably became the most popular). He's pretty angsty, and has disowned society out of an utter distaste for it. This isn't to say that he's bad to everybody. He hates society, but he's still civil to the people that he knows. He just dislikes the general direction that a great deal of the world is going in. His main character flaws are his apathy, lack of motivation, and bitterness; when he gets involved in the story's action, he starts to work his way out of it.
I think I might be bipolar. In any case, I have some sort of a personality disorder, and I often feel like there are two sides to me, one of which is dominant at a time. I'm basing the character of "Sidewalk" on the dark, negative, nihilistic side of my own personality.
I'm sure I will come up with some sort of foil to him based on my other side. The two will end up working towards the same goal, though.

The other character, Stan Rapeman, is a fictional main character of a popular Internet video series. He is sick, twisted, violent, and apathetic, often killing every occupant of a room for no reason beyond a minor annoyance or his own entertainment. On the surface, he represents how shallow people can be, because he is a quintessential "badass psycho" character with absolutely no redeeming values or three-dimensional qualities. Many people love the show that he appears in, but the show is nothing but an Itchy-and-Scratchy-esque meaningless collection of flimsily connected moments of badass. In addition, as the script goes on, his acts of violence grow more and more violent , chaotic, and meaningless, indicating the downfall of society as a whole. Possibly his only admirable trait is creativity; he regards killing as an art.
8=======D~~~~>_<~~~~C=======8

DiscoBallClock

Regarding the main character to the plot I posted in the other thread, Sven:

Sven Müller, milionaire, owner of a big comapny. He surrounds himself in luxury in order to show off his immense wealth. Although very smart and fast-witted, he's impacient and has grown spolied with time; he's angered when he doesn't get what he wants. Sven's behavior when near people is rather remarkable. He likes to use sarcasm and dark humor in most conversations, if he sees a good chance to do so. He also rarely keeps something to himself, as he will voice his thoughts in nearly every occasion. This is also related to the fact that he loves being the center of attention, even if that is accheived through controversy.
Despite this apparently shallow outside, Sven is a rather lonely person because he's picky with his relationships-perhaps too picky. That's why he only has one friend, Gary, with who he regulary talks. His parents are deceased, and he's mad at his cousin for . (Continues in next post

[FLASH=http://files.myfrogbag.com/kqk1bc/discosig.swf]http://width=300 height=200[/FLASH]

DiscoBallClock

Regarding women. he's never been married, but he's had several affairs that went wrong. Nowadays, he prefers not to think about it too much. However, since he wants his family name to spread into future generations, he kept a sample of his semen in a bank. This is related to his arrogance and egocentricity. He feels that "greatness should be spread into the future". In his free time, he enjoys sports, such as running or playing hockey. He dislikes sports like golf and polo since "all the fat, lazy guys do that, not only I don't get along with these people, but I want to be different fromk everyone else."

And I think that's it. I made this character from several pieces here and there.

[FLASH=http://files.myfrogbag.com/kqk1bc/discosig.swf]http://width=300 height=200[/FLASH]

Silly Putty Clock

Quote from: DiscoBallClock;1540847Regarding women. he's never been married, but he's had several affairs that went wrong. Nowadays, he prefers not to think about it too much. However, since he wants his family name to spread into future generations, he kept a sample of his semen in a bank. This is related to his arrogance and egocentricity. He feels that "greatness should be spread into the future". In his free time, he enjoys sports, such as running or playing hockey. He dislikes sports like golf and polo since "all the fat, lazy guys do that, not only I don't get along with these people, but I want to be different fromk everyone else."

And I think that's it. I made this character from several pieces here and there.

So he's like me if I were a pompous snob.

DiscoBallClock

Quote from: Insane Cultist #4;1540876So he's like me if I were a pompous snob.

The character "pieces" are a bit personal, but you can hit me up on MSN to talk about it if you like.

The Spoiler

Retard: Retard is the main protagonist of the play. Though he is barely capable of speaking or walking, he has deep compassion for the other characters. He is treated as a victim toward the beginning, but his personality changes throughout the play and he becomes more willing to defend himself.

Bear: Bear is a brutish character who initially attempts to kill Retard for food, until he sees the Men in White Jackets try to take Retard away, after which he feels empathy toward Retard and defends him even when he must risk his own life.

Men in White Jackets: Footmen working for the Institution, who show no emotion as they pursue Retard.

Kurt Cranious: The head 'doctor' at the Institution, but really a megolomaniac mad-scientist who performs bizarre experiments on the Retards.

Brian Stem: A guard who helps Bear and Retard escape after the Men in White Jackets capture them

Snowolf: traitorous animal who spies on Bear for the Institution. Snowolf and Bear were originally friends, but Snowolf feels that Bear has gone soft and betrays him as "discipline".

Silly Putty Clock

The Spoiler

BTW Retard is played by Daniel Day-Lewis.

Wind-up Clock

Lesse here, I have a four-man band in a medieval setting.

Sako Snider- Swordsman and leader. Calm and social when not engaged in combat, but rough and tumble when things get hairy. Armed with a Skymetal longsword, prefers close/mid-range combat. Formally a duelist and a disgraced royal knight. Even so, he fights with a code of honor, and never backs down from a duel, swearing to protect all others. He's the team's strategist, but only works out plans with input from the others.

Nyati Seyfried- Armed with a long pike tipped with a Ceramite warspike. Likes to brag to others about stuff he did and did not do, but is able to hold his own on a fight. He'll quickly jump into a situation, regardless of the odds, and often finds a way to fight his way out.. He draws out the enemies and gives a report on their strengths, numbers, etc, and often sees something that others don't.

Grendel Alexander- Carries a rapid-fire crossbow with armor-piercing arrows. Quiet and constantly alert, but likes to drop in on people to see their reactions. A snarky sniper, and prefers not to see the face of his victims. An expert at baiting and trapping, he can stalk an enemy for hours. Provides situational awareness to the team.

Brenneke Maxwell Gibbs (Bren)- Big guy. Lugs around a Wind-elemental hammer. Focuses on area-effect and defensive spells. Sees fighting as a needed evil, since his pre-adventuring days had people walking all over him before he finally had enough and went berserk in a bar. After seeing what he was capable of doing, he tries to limit his strength, even in combat. Remarkably light on his feet, and deadly accurate with his hammer blows. Loud yet gentle, and also a good cook. Has a house in the countryside where the gang has parties whenever they complete a successful quest. Has a dog named Velo. He's the shield and tank of the group.

They come across this one.

Ithaca Lightfield- A "stranger from another place," who came to their land to warn of impending doom. A quadruple amputee, her limbs have been replaced by machinery powered by a small reactor in her backpack. Fast on her feet, she prefers extremely close-range combat. her equipment consists of the "WILDCAT" (Weaponized Integrated Linear Discharge Concentrated Attack Technology) an attachment on her forearms that create a large psycho-kinetic force to augment melee attacks and is powered by heat-batteries, also able to shoot a concentrated pulse beam at mid-range targets. She's not afraid of her mechanical parts, calling them "enhancements," and is initially convinced of her mechanical superiority over the "backwards" weapons of the current setting. Impulsive and irrational at times, gets cranky when she doesn't get her way, and is confused about the whole "medieval" setting, since where she comes from they're at least near flight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silly Putty Clock

Quote from: Wind-up Clock;1542738Brenneke (Bren)- Big guy. Lugs around a Wind-elemental hammer. Focuses on area-effect and defensive spells. Sees fighting as a needed evil, since his pre-adventuring days had people walking all over him before he finally had enough and went berserk in a bar. After seeing what he was capable of doing, he tries to limit his strength, even in combat. Remarkably light on his feet, and deadly accurate with his hammer blows. Loud yet gentle, and also a good cook. Has a house in the countryside where the gang has parties whenever they complete a successful quest. Has a dog named Velo. He's the shield and tank of the group.

Make sure you can get a hold of Brian Blessed when you're casting.

PossumClock

A group of vagrants migrate across the galaxy, escaping from the dystopian state that Earth has become, to start a new life upon a mysterious planet that had been, up until the previous month, made of nothing. [Name Impending]  Pyotr is a parent-less youth, who embarked the hijacked Government-owned ship by a stroke of sheer luck, hoping to make something of his-self having no life left for him on "What Was Earth" after his exile from his "Motorbike Gang".

Several weeks pass on the ship when the planet's coordinates change in such a way that the ship crashes headlong into the atmosphere and brings around a quick landing. Being knocked out by falling debris, Pyotr wakes up thousands of miles behind the ship's wreckage for whatever odd reason and decides to look for this ship amongst the deep carve it's made in the immense, arid desert. Finding an unconscious girl along the way, he shoulders the load and trucks along across the desert.

Not needing any nutrients or sustenance, the planet is mysteriously destroying his perception to a point where he can't remember why he's on the planet or where he's going, until finally he and the unconscious girl are ripped from the world, cascading through a time void spewing them hundreds of years into the past, where they become aware of the desolate planet's past. The girl at this point has awaken and helps Pyotr in becoming the large factor that will shape the future of the mysterious planet.

The story then unfolds in such a way that Pyotr desires to bring "his people" into this prosperous land that he's created in the past, and using the "fragrant dust" that brought him into that time, he travels back and attempts to bring the crazed vagrants into the more auspicious past.

SnakeClock

Bump because I updated the first post with my story's characters.