News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

START THE FRENZY! Progress Reports and Page Counts In Here!

Farted by SnakeClock, April 01, 2009, 10:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnakeClock

Well, here we go! It's April 1, and it's time to get writing!

In this thread, we'll talk about our page progress as we inch closer and closer to 100 pages, talk about how the story is going, and about victories or roadblocks we encounter along the way.

Good luck, everyone! Enjoy the Frenzy!

Wind-up Clock

YEAH! LET'S FRENZY WOO.

EDIT: Jeez, i've only covered the initial exposition quest and I've already reached the page quota for today. My idea might be too big for one script.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PossumClock

Well, Celtx is amazing. I have no idea how many pages I have. What do you suggest for us Celtx users to use as a medium to determine how many pages we've finished? I'd say word-count, but some script pages could be small dialog and other smaller entries as opposed to something like a huge scene describing the setting.

Any ideas?

The Spoiler

You can use print preview. It's a bit inconvenient because you can't edit while in print previw mode, but you can enter/leave print preview with keyboard shortcuts so it isn't too bad.

There may be a better way. that's just what I'm doing.

PossumClock

Quote from: Ghost of Christmas Past;1555237You can use print preview. It's a bit inconvenient because you can't edit while in print previw mode, but you can enter/leave print preview with keyboard shortcuts so it isn't too bad.

There may be a better way. that's just what I'm doing.

danke danke danke :tophat:

Wind-up Clock

If you don't want to have to use print preview, just go to Script>Format Options and check the boxes that says "pagination" and "show page number on first page"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SnakeClock

Quote from: Wind-up Clock;1555375If you don't want to have to use print preview, just go to Script>Format Options and check the boxes that says "pagination" and "show page number on first page"

:this: That's the one. Very helpful for me.

PossumClock

oh whoa, where print preview told me i had 3 and a half pages, pagination tells me i have 7 pages in reality. how slick

The Spoiler

Quote from: Wind-up Clock;1555375If you don't want to have to use print preview, just go to Script>Format Options and check the boxes that says "pagination" and "show page number on first page"
Thanks yo.

Also, page count: 20. I just finished Act 1.

Wind-up Clock

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SnakeClock

Quote from: Wind-up Clock;1556781Oh my. I need to continue working on this.

You do. I look forward to seeing what you come out with. ;)

Wind-up Clock

Yokay. Working on page 27 yesterday, hoping to move onto page 30-ish soon today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wind-up Clock

My Celtx file is corrupted, and my backup is only at page 16.

I lost 15-some pages of work, and I was around 10 pages behind on the count.

I don't think I'll be able to catch back up.

EDIT:

Goddamnit. I messed up and overwrote it with a stupid jpg file of megatron.

Shit. Guess I'm out then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WobbuffetClock

Me and BB10 have probably written like half a page of stuff.
GO US!
flash rules everything around me, f.r.e.a.m.??? get the fivens, portal portal spam, y\'all

The Spoiler

Heads up: the script frenzy site works based on the page count in the pdf exported by celtx, NOT the normal script. To see how many pages script frenzy will count, go to 'Typeset'. I thought I was done already, but it turns out I've got a good dozen pages to go.

The Spoiler

I won! It's at 101 or 105 pages depending on how it's formatted. I might go back and change it so the epilogue is its own act instead of just narrated at the end, but other than that it's done!

WobbuffetClock

Me and BB10 are now up to maybe 2.5 pages. Where do I submit our script?
flash rules everything around me, f.r.e.a.m.??? get the fivens, portal portal spam, y\'all