News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Obama

Farted by AMPEEEM, April 01, 2009, 03:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RomanClock

Canadians who live in Canada think they know things about America because internets.
lemayo lol :soups:

TremcladClock

Quote from: RomanClock;1555689Canadians who live in Canada think they know things about America because internets.
If they took more of an interest in their own issues, they probably wouldn't be drowning in American capitalism or continuously supporting a proud tradition of incompetent leadership. The lack of care or interest in domestic issues is probably what makes Canada so peaceful.

TremcladClock

Quote from: Franklin G. Hamilton;1555704Americans who live in America think they know things about Canada

eg.
I'm not an American, but as far as I can tell, Canada has more loaned American television programmes than any other English speaking country in the world, you can't drive down a street without seeing dozens of American businesses, and Canadians frequently stumble over their own language, favouring the American spellings of words over the commonwealth spellings, simply because they're so saturated in US influence. Correct me if I'm wrong.

TremcladClock

Quote from: CadillacClock;1555711You also realize the Americanization of the world (media and culture) spreads to all borders of the world? If I can find a McDonalds while trekking the Mayan Mountains I'm sure I'll see an American industry in Canada.
Sure, bro, but Canada takes it in the arse especially hard due to proximity and submission. I'm not KNOCKING CANADA for this, it's just the way it is.

DingleberryClock

Where are all the Mexicans in the Clock Crew?

Oh, nevermind. Internet is for civilized peoples.
Quote from: Durian Clock
    triangle thinks he\'s hot shit because he\'s stuck around the forums ever since he joined
    but that\'s like bragging that you\'ve neve

TremcladClock

Quote from: CadillacClock;1555722NOT AT ALL! You're just saying we have no culture of our own and are essentially plastic-Americans. It's reason enough for me to want to move to Montreal and be snooty forever.
Quote where I said anything like that before getting up on your Canadian soapbox.

Even Wikipedia gets what I'm saying here:
QuoteAs with most media in Canada, the television industry, and the television programming available in that country, are strongly influenced by the American media, perhaps to an extent not seen in any other major industrialized nation outside the US itself.

RomanClock

Quote from: Franklin G. Hamilton;1555725So you can be 100% American, and get lots of stuff wrong, get some stuff right.
You can be 100% British, and get lots of stuff wrong, get some stuff right.
Or you can be Canadian and take the best of both worlds, and none of the wrong.

Like the best way to be ostentatious jerks!

TremcladClock

Quote from: Franklin G. Hamilton;1555731The funny thing about american television... 90% of it is filmed in Vancouver. (Thats a Canadian city just fyi)
It would be cooler if there were more television programmes actually set in Canada though. Nearly everything Canadians have to watch is about Americans.

The Littlest Hobo was the greatest Canadian export ever btw.

RomanClock

Quote from: Franklin G. Hamilton;1555734got it from america!

Naw, its homebrew for you.

DingleberryClock

Quote from: TremcladClock;1555732It would be cooler if there were more television programmes actually set in Canada though. Nearly everything Canadians have to watch is about Americans.

The Littlest Hobo was the greatest Canadian export ever btw.

Yeah, well, American shows aren't representative of life in America anyways. The majority of citizens don't live in the city, but every show on TV is set in New York, or some equally densly populated city.
Quote from: Durian Clock
    triangle thinks he\'s hot shit because he\'s stuck around the forums ever since he joined
    but that\'s like bragging that you\'ve neve

TremcladClock

Quote from: Franklin G. Hamilton;1555738Canadians dont care because they arent super self centered like americans or brits

kind of brings it around to my first contribution to this wacky thread; simply floating along, living peacefully and not really caring about this kind of stuff is pretty admirable. To an outsider who's interested in Canada, it's mildly disappointing though. I want to see more television programmes exported from Canada and Australia about living in trailer parks or wrestling dingos.
Quote from: Franklin G. Hamilton;1555741side note:

its p funny how americans are all 'canadians are british as hell' then brits are like 'canadians are american as hell'

its p funny cause they're both wrong
The one I always hear is "Canadians are the epitome of non-denomination. Not quite French, not quite British and not quite American"

Odo

change

obama

change

CHANGE
╔══════════════ ೋáÆ'¦â˜Æ'áÆ'¦à³‹ ══════════════â•â€"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who donââ,¬â,,¢t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋáÆ'¦â˜Æ'áÆ'¦à³‹ ══════════════╝

TremcladClock

Quote from: CadillacClock;1555754I'm sorry Canada is not at the peak of Pop Culture in the war against Americanization. Although, the Indy scene in Canada is definitly surpassing all American standards.
Yeah, the independent music artists and film-makers do some brilliant work. All kinds of great stuff gets posted on YouTube from the Vancouver Film school, indicating that you've got some fantastic professional talent on the way, too.
Quote from: CadillacClock;1555754I bet you hear it a lot! Again, not knocking Canada or anything.
I think it was some comedian who said it first, not sure. I see it as a nice, friendly, neutral anecdote that sums up the cultural borderland that Canada hangs in.

RomanClock

Quote from: Franklin G. Hamilton;1555738Canadians dont care because they arent super self centered like americans or brits

How come so many things you say incredibly ironic or do you just have a freaking huge ego?

Marlin Clock

Trunchy, is it just me or is caddy confusing you to be American?
Quote from: CadillacClock;1555737Dark Knight
What? They filmed The Dark Knight in Chicago.

Marlin Clock

And don't even try to say they didn't because in the trailer truck scene you can clearly see the Chicago Board of Trade.

Also, they had a whole fight in the underground section of the city.

TremcladClock

Quote from: RomanClock;1555763How come so many things you say incredibly ironic or do you just have a freaking huge ego?
This post is dumb. This is a dumb post.
Quote from: CadillacClock;1555764You do realize every post you make reeks of a condescending tone and outright stereotypes? Maybe Canadians are just to nice though!
I take it this is directed at me. If I were trying to pick on Canada by spouting stereotypes, I'd probably be saying dumb shit about Canada having a small military (which is false), or something else that RomanClock posted in this thread. I like Canada, and I'm not trying to bring it down. Saying you dislike the government of a country doesn't mean you dislike the country itself. I love my country, but I think the people who run it are incompetent twats.

In addition to gross deviation, it appears we've woken MarlinClock, so I think it's about time to close the book on this thread. Any further thoughts?

Marlin Clock

But the majority of the scenes were in Chicago. Christian Bale's Gotham is clearly based off of chicago.

Marlin Clock

Trunchy, what the hell does that mean? Nice job of not perpetuating stereotypes.

I'm only gonna raise my voice on his discrepancy. You know how I am with my city.

TremcladClock

Quote from: CadillacClock;1555779You never established how my Government was bad or how it was unable to handle itself.
Oh, well I think some of the decisions made by the government, such as joining NAFTA, federally adopting a second language in a nation with only one French-speaking province, scrapping the Avro Arrow, supporting the SPP, climbing onboard with the doomed-to-fail ACTA bullshit and changing the flag were all pretty dumb decisions. The last one is more personal though, because I've always been interested in the history and unity of the British Empire.

I wasn't saying your government can't handle itself, I just don't think it's made the best decisions in the past.