News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

whatever happened to Grey?

Farted by SilverCherryClock, June 12, 2009, 08:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverCherryClock

Seriously where did he go
Im sure Pirate can shed some light on that situation

AnkhClock

He left
(You can ask Slurpee about that)

Biggskoo

a while ago he had an idea in a staff meeting to revise the banning system so that all bans had to be voted on by staff members.  myself, among others, agreed to this.

we then used this system to democratically ban greyclock a few times and he finally took the fucking hint and stopped bitching about everything possible in the mod forum and left or something.

everyone rejoiced.

SilverCherryClock

Quote from: Johnny Fiveaces;1598620we then used this system to democratically ban greyclock a few times.

lol

Still he didn't need to up and leave over that

VCRClock

Quote from: Von Slurp;1595159
Quote from: GreyClock;1492803What can I say, clearly you value your own personal disliking for someone over countless contributions and unconditional support for almost six years straight? (Yes.) I was working on a flash movie about all this, but then I realized you're all just a bunch of ungrateful bastards anyway, so I'm not gonna bother with that quaint little thing called "flash" anymore. I plan on putting together a circlejerk of my own, maybe that's more in the spirit of today's Clock Crew, no? The ban didn't really come as a surprise though, as the people who are now left to run this place are, for the most part, those people I've accused of being incompetent for various reasons. Guess I can put another check mark in the "confirmed" column. I did expect more from those other few, but ah well, water under the bridge, tongue my bunghole.

Quote from: GreyClock;1531871I decided to leave a long-ass statement for those who care:

There's always been a trend amongst Clock Crew staff to cater to those who are a Clock only in name. Those people who have built up a certain standing here and are reluctant, for various reasons, to switch to a community for which they would, no doubt, be better suited. People who enjoy a great deal of influence nonetheless. Add to that our arbitrary way of banning people and you get a very biased situation. For years I tried to even out the balance. I stood up for those people who got banned because they were not necessarily liked by the would-be popular clique. I stood up for people who were banned just because they were caught at the wrong time, by a worse moderator. My weapon of choice: threads in The Grid full of snarky attacks on the moderator responsible, appealing for an unban. In the same style as my flash movies, and there's no denying I'm a dick, true. But I'm also as true a Clock as you can get.

Of course criticizing people for years creates friction. Friction for which I was solely to blame, obviously! "You shouldn't whine so much!" Rather than, you know, demoting those staff members who got their bans overturned time and time again, as a result of my "whining." Instead the administrators sat around idly, letting the tension build.

In an attempt to make the banning process more transparent and fair for everyone, I came up with a system to have staff members propose bans, so individual situations could be assessed, discussed and voted upon. Ironically I gave my "enemies," as ZombieLincoln put it, the sword with which to execute their revenge. Twice.

I always justified my efforts by thinking, "There are enough sensible and productive members left, even amongst the staff." When I returned from my first ban I found no evidence of that: no one had done for me what I had been doing for others for a long time. Even though the motivations to ban me were so painfully obvious and crooked. (Biggs, for one, had already announced his intentions to ban me in the staff meeting leading up to the implementation of my system.) Instead I was banned for the second time not long thereafter.

Perhaps my biggest mistake was to not shout off the rooftops about all those people I got off the hook. I should have private messaged them one by one, "HEY DUDE I GOT YOU UNBANNED! LIKE ME!" Had I done that perhaps the support would have been bigger, but I never did it to make friends. I did it because I felt the Clock Crew should be for everyone, not just for those liked by the "right" people, those inside their little circlejerk.

As I said after my first ban, which you can read all about in Dwarfinator's leaked post: clearly my countless flash movies didn't make a difference either, certainly not for those who think I'm a "faggot." Those who do feel differently apparently couldn't be bothered to do something about it. So I decided to not waste my time anymore either. I appreciate the thread, but it's too little, too late. Looking at the forum now, and reflecting back on a Clock Crew-less month, I can honestly say that you need me more than I need you.

See ya.
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: VCRClock;1598622tldr

summary:

Grey:

SilverCherryClock

Wow that was melodramatic as fuck
"I gave my enemies the sword with which to execute their revenge", wow...

AnkhClock

"I can honestly say that you need me more than I need you."

Bit of an ego, that kid.

buttplug

Why do we care so much about something that isn't even relevant anymore?

F U Clock

Quote from: DWARFINATOR;1598624summary:

Grey:

Thank you for make me LLOL (Literally Laugh Out Loud).

VCRClock

ITT: it's cool to hate GreyClock.

Granted I haven't seen any of the Grid dickery that was apparently one of the main reasons people didn't like him, but aside from bickering with Triangle and that sort of thing, I thought he was a pretty tolerable poster and made some of the best recent Clock Crew movies I've seen.

Understand that I can't possibly see the whole picture. I'm just going to miss the movies. (Even if they are all as formulaic as Triangle said:)

Quote from: TriangleClock i could make a greyclock movie in 5 minutes
horribly cut bitmaps
crude dicks
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

SeedClock

Signature Too Large

DWARFINATORclock

I also liked Grey's movies, too bad Grey himself was intolerable.

SeedClock

Quote from: DWARFINATOR;1598638I also liked Grey's movies, too bad Grey himself was intolerable.

his internetcult movie was extraordinary
Signature Too Large

SilverCherryClock

I still don't hate Greyclock he was an alright guy and he made great movies, I just wouldn't have expected him to be such a drama queen

Fireman

what's with you kids and your internet drama, makes no sense.

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: SilverCherryClock;1598655I still don't hate Greyclock he was an alright guy and he made great movies, I just wouldn't have expected him to be such a drama queen

I actually laughed out loud because of this.

WobbuffetClock

Quote from: DWARFINATOR;1598638I also liked Grey's movies, too bad Grey himself was intolerable.
I agree, although I sometimes talk to him on AIM.
flash rules everything around me, f.r.e.a.m.??? get the fivens, portal portal spam, y\'all

ToyotaClock

What was he banned for anyway

AnkhClock

Quote from: Ribs;1598673He was banned by a majority vote for endlessly and insufferably trying to get the staff to go over to a majority vote banning system.

Can't honestly feel sorry for him.