News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Progress of my halloween mask

Farted by AbsintheClock, October 10, 2009, 04:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbsintheClock

One more layer and then I think I'll carve it down while leather hard, and then sand it all down after. Then I'm gonna prime it and color the thing. After that I've got to learn to solder, and put the lenses and lights in it. Overall it should be a fun little project. Now that I think more and more about it I think I got the idea from the crimson ghost series.

[u2]bPJukfl03ZA[/u2]

Loki Clock

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

PoisonshroomClock

Looks like it's made out of stone, it's very good so far though.

PowerGloveClock

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1682346Now that I think more and more about it I think I got the idea from the crimson ghost series.

i see a resemblance
Quote from: FLOUNDERINYOBUTT;1837615I think Kodiak is the only person on  this entire website who dislikes Slurpee. I still dont understand how  thats possible. He\'s so loveable and funny. Every guy wants to be his  friend and every girl wants to date him. Understandably Slurpee is not a  very happy person.

Loki Clock

Quote from: PowerGloveClock;1682360i see a resemblance

I'm pretty sure that's where they got the logo. EDIT: Yeah, it is.

AbsintheClock

It weighs less than a football helmet now but it's still leather hard. Should lose a little bit of weight in a few days.

AstronautClock

it's gonna be hot when your wearing that leather thing for a couple of hours

AbsintheClock

In case you haven't been watching the news it's been snowing off and on. I don't think heat will be a problem. It's not made of leather. It's a papier mache compound.

AbsintheClock

Now just got to wait for it to dry, do one last sanding, and then it's off to the fun stuff.

AstronautClock

that looks awesome man! and oops I guess I read something about leather somewhere and confused your mask for being leather somehow

AbsintheClock

Oh "leather hard" just means that it's almost dried but still has moisture. That's been my biggest problem with this mask is drying times.

Silly Putty Clock

I still say you should go all the way and at least rob a convenience store in costume.
8=======D~~~~>_<~~~~C=======8

PaperClipClock

Kombucha

AbsintheClock

Sanded it, primed it, and removed the teeth. If I put them back in I'll make them out of polymer clay. I also took a hammer to it and beat in the lumpy spots to make it more comfortable on my head. After sanding and drying it's about a pound lighter than when it was leather hard.

In the meantime I need to learn about wiring LEDs. Anyone have any experience in soldering LEDs into splitters?

GearBoxClock

Neat mask.
I wish I wasn't a lazy fuck and could make a good costume.

PowerGloveClock

Quote from: ᛚᚮᚴᛁ᛫ᚴᛚᚢᚴᚴᛆ;1682378I'm pretty sure that's where they got the logo. EDIT: Yeah, it is.
yeah i knew i was just posting it because i love the misfits and it was relevant
Quote from: FLOUNDERINYOBUTT;1837615I think Kodiak is the only person on  this entire website who dislikes Slurpee. I still dont understand how  thats possible. He\'s so loveable and funny. Every guy wants to be his  friend and every girl wants to date him. Understandably Slurpee is not a  very happy person.

RedBall

WrenchClock

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1682346I'll carve it down while leather hard

Kinky.