News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

PLOTS EVERYWHERE! What's Your Plot?

Farted by SnakeClock, October 22, 2009, 06:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnakeClock

This is the thread where you tell us what awesome things are going to happen in your insane little book and why they will most likely be awesome.

Personally, I don't know much about my plot yet. My book is called "The Pyrotechnic Sorceress", and it's about this woman named Luminitsa ("Lumi" for short) that can project various kinds of light from her body, such as fireworks, lasers, star-like apparitions, and so on. And no, she's not like X-Men's Jubilee, because her powers don't actually do anything, they're mainly just pretty. She uses them to get into show business, but is unfortunately jaded about her fame and has a bit of a crisis of identity.

Life goes as much as could be expected for her, until complete strangers start coming up to her and telling her not to be so "careless" or "wasteful" with her abilities. She doesn't know what they mean, and currently, I don't either, but she'll soon find out in a big way.

Topcatyo

A water bottle grows up in a poor family in the Brooklyn ghettos to finally, one day, put out a fire.

SnakeClock

Quote from: Topcatyo;1683395A water bottle grows up in a poor family in the Brooklyn ghettos to finally, one day, put out a fire.

Sounds epic. Is it a small fire, or just a very determined water bottle? Either way, it seems like a hero.

SageClock

This year I'm keeping it easy and writing a sequel to Clamshell Brainjelly, the manuscript I have that's closest to submittable state. The characters are already defined, and it was mostly a silly comedy, so I don't know what's going to happen to them or what trouble they'll get themselves into, the characters will let me know as I go along.

I'm leaning towards giving the world a significant, and perhaps darker, change from last time. Find out they didn't quite save the day in the first book like it lead you to believe, zip to the future, and these guys aren't doing as much good as they used to (because they're in a position where they can't). They might even have to do some evil in order to ultimately do some good, and have moral qualms about that. Pretty standard 2nd book in a trilogy really. Actually i might need to rethink this to make it seem more fresh, come to think of it.

Faygo

Me and some buds fight a futuristic civil war against zombie aliens. We have to rescue a team before they die and troubled waters are ahead.

Note: I should totally make this about flowers.

Silly Putty Clock

A homeless guy falls into an interdimensional rift and comes face-to-face with cosmic horrors, but he's so mean and angry that they let him join their society, where he becomes successful and popular.

So I guess it's a bit like Where the Wild Things Are, except that it pokes fun at Lovecraft.
8=======D~~~~>_<~~~~C=======8

Sombra

I'm thinking it will be about a veteran who gets wounded in Iraq or Afghanistan, he is discharged and goes back to America. He is depressed and abusing opiates, suffers from PTSD, and he keeps running into girls in distress and saves them.

He eventually discovers that the reason all these girls are in distress is because it was actually ORCHESTRATED and there is this club behind it. He joins the club and discovers that it is an organization of people who are for whatever reason going through hard times and are reckless, energetic, and most importantly adventurous.They are putting girls (their own members) in these situations but it is set up so to appear like they are actually in danger but in truth they are not. Through giving potential members the opportunity to save these people, they are in essence running the candidate through a quick personality test.

So he falls in love with one of the girls he "rescues" but the hitch is that no members are allowed to reveal why each of them have been recruited to the club-- that is, nobody can know what issues plague each member.

Sorry if this is incoherent right now but I modified that from a chatlog I was discussing it in and the plot might not make a lot of sense written down but I think I can really pull this off.

Topcatyo

Quote from: Rum;1684291I'm thinking it will be about a veteran who gets wounded in Iraq or Afghanistan, he is discharged and goes back to America. He is depressed and abusing opiates, suffers from PTSD, and he keeps running into girls in distress and saves them.

He eventually discovers that the reason all these girls are in distress is because it was actually ORCHESTRATED and there is this club behind it. He joins the club and discovers that it is an organization of people who are for whatever reason going through hard times and are reckless, energetic, and most importantly adventurous.They are putting girls (their own members) in these situations but it is set up so to appear like they are actually in danger but in truth they are not. Through giving potential members the opportunity to save these people, they are in essence running the candidate through a quick personality test.

So he falls in love with one of the girls he "rescues" but the hitch is that no members are allowed to reveal why each of them have been recruited to the club-- that is, nobody can know what issues plague each member.

Sorry if this is incoherent right now but I modified that from a chatlog I was discussing it in and the plot might not make a lot of sense written down but I think I can really pull this off.
I was thinking that you were going to say he becomes a superhero after the first paragraph, but your actual idea is much more interesting.

Wind-up Clock

Discarded story characters are picked up by Muses and used to fight against the evil class M entities- namely Mary Sues and Marty stus that pop up in the minds of authors by developing them to the point where they have weaknesses. However, the fabric of the universes starts to unravel as more and more Class M entities start popping up, and it's up to one team of misfit characters and a recently discarded proto-stu to get to the bottom of it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]