News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Apple iPad

Farted by screwdriver_clock, January 27, 2010, 02:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AstronautClock

it has no place in this world

screwdriver_clock

I think what isn't made too entirely clear is this thing is meant to be a netbook killer, and eBook killer. It's getting the whole ebook subscription model through its close work it did with Amazon (stab in the back yea) and combining a textbook subscription concept with the iWork integration, and the inevitable printer compatibility, this thing could be the perfect storm for a college student who needs a note taking educational tool. So I don't know. I guess we'll see when it comes out.

HotPocketClock

Total piece of shit.

(1)No multi-tasking
Can't listen to music AND use the device?  LOL

(2)No flash support
No netflix, hulu, youtube, etc.
LOL

(3)No camera
No pictures, Skype, etc.
LOL

AstronautClock

also amazon sells actual books not .pdf's

screwdriver_clock

Quote from: Bob Saget;1722610Total piece of shit.

(1)No multi-tasking
Can't listen to music AND use the device?  LOL

(2)No flash support
No netflix, hulu, youtube, etc.
LOL

(3)No camera
No pictures, Skype, etc.
LOL

1. Got it there, though you can listen to the music via the iPod feature and work so that argument you put up is slightly invalid. I really HOPE iPhone OS 4.0 adds multitasking, but who knows at this point.

2. See above posts, magic faggit.

3. Another thing i do wish was in it.

And here i am, looking like some kinda apple zealot, and I don't even own a piece of Foxconn Apple hardware!

Quote from: AstronautClock;1722611also amazon sells actual books not .pdf's
Amazon owns the Kindle. The kindle uses pdf's laden with DRM. Soooo..

Sinister Clock

This seriously does not meet the features that most slate laptops have and it's more expensive, and gayer.

Why would anyone who's not a complete apple fanperson buy this over the cheaper, better alternatives with more customizability, power, battery life, features, screen size and pretty much everything else at a much lower price?

PirateClock

I loathe Apple but to be fair the Iphone 3GS is the best smart phone on the market. Everything else they make is shit though.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

AlbinoClock

How long has Google had a constantly-updating "latest results" category?

If it doesn't have flash support it might as well not even go on the internet. Looks like complete crap to me.

Quote from: MorbidlyObeseBlackLady;1722544Has the iBook app to compete with Kindle... sorry amazon you're screwed.

Except Kindle gives you free access to Wikipedia from anywhere forever, so Kindle beats the shit out of it.

This guy puts it perfectly:
Quote from: FrankehJust yesterday I was looking at my iPhone thinking "Hmmm, I wish this thing didn't fit in my pocket." Then I looked over to my netbook and couldn't help but feel it would benefit from losing the keyboard and being made of 50% glass.
Finally apple gives me what I wish.

AlbinoClock

Wind-up Clock

Quote from: Nonlocalcatyo;1722641This looks way cooler.

Holy shit. Magnetics and computer electronics so close together? I can't wrap my head around it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TheClockNessMonster

Quote from: Renaissance Jordan;1722547$699

the price is right!!
TheClockNessMonster
[SIZE=+2]

[/SIZE]

AlbinoClock

Quote from: VinylClock;1722680the price is right!!

Another quote from reddit on the subject.

Quote from: windsofwariPad: * 1 GHz Apple A4 custom-design * Memory not listed (iPhone 3GS has 256mb) * 9.7" screen (1024x768) * 64 GB flash storage * Configuration Price- $829
Dell Mini 10: * 1.6GHz/533MHz FSB/512K Cache * 1GB DDR2 SDRAM * 10.1" Widescreen Display (1024x600) * 160 GB Hard Drive * Configuration Price- $449

TheClockNessMonster

Quote from: Nonlocalcatyo;1722684Another quote from reddit on the subject.

can anyone explain how my picture has mysteriously changes o a cat with a champaign glass and a blue wig?
TheClockNessMonster
[SIZE=+2]

[/SIZE]

AlbinoClock

Quote from: VinylClock;1722688can anyone explain how my picture has mysteriously changes o a cat with a champaign glass and a blue wig?

I've got 5000ccs on keltron did it.

TheClockNessMonster

can he do that? whatever, its a funny picture.
TheClockNessMonster
[SIZE=+2]

[/SIZE]

AlbinoClock

Quote from: VinylClock;1722696can he do that? whatever, its a funny picture.

Smod and higher can. Also keltron has a gaping vaginal orifice.

AlbinoClock

Apple's book store is missing Random House. So much for the iPad being any sort of worthwhile e-reader.

Flounderpa

looks like the bastard son of a laptop and the iPhone, and he doesn't know where he belongs
ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬à®Å"Û©ÛžÛ©à®Å"ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬
SHUTãâ,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼ÂµÃ¯Â¼Â°Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â¡Ã¯Â¼Â®Ã¯Â¼Â¤Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â¥Ã¯Â¼Â®Ã¯Â¼ÂªÃ¯Â¼Â¯Ã¯Â¼Â¹Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â´Ã¯Â¼Â¨Ã¯Â¼Â¥Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â­Ã¯Â¼ÂµÃ¯Â¼Â³Ã¯Â¼Â©Ã¯Â¼Â£Ã¯Â¼Â
ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬à®Å"Û©ÛžÛ©à®Å"ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬

screwdriver_clock

Quote from: Nonlocalcatyo;1722684Another quote from reddit on the subject.

Theres a difference in that the mini 10 doesn't have a touchscreen or accelerometer or half the shit. And the 4 hour battery life on a good day isn't too spectacular either.

screwdriver_clock

Quote from: CadillacClock;1722721Didn't Microsoft make this useless object last year? Yes, they did.

Note: I don't care about Mac or PC's, I am just saying. It was done.

I really do not see the point in this object. Tell me what purpose this serves to replace a Wacom tablet or Desktop PC/Mac.

Does it have any purpose?

It's a netbook sorta. Netbooks may be able to install any program, doesn't mean they'll run it well (Shame too, I wanted FL Studio on mine). Specialized apps for a specialized system proves a good solution for a "special use" system.