News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

lets discuss the correlation of being atheist to being boring as hell

Farted by SilverCherryClock, February 10, 2010, 01:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverCherryClock

This high rate of occurrence should be studied by all manner of scientists :sherlock:

GearBoxClock

PirateClock

Atheism can be scary for some people, no higher rules or goals. No one watching out for you. No punishment for the bad or rewards for the good. It's like playing a sandbox game without clear missions and you only have one life, you die and it's all over. If you are an atheist you have to decide for yourself how you want to live your life and what legacy you want to leave, rather than spending your life trying to secure your place in a fictional afterlife. It's for this reason that Theism is still popular in this day and age.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

GearBoxClock

My debate senses are tingling!

Really, who needs to believe in a higher power? Its not like people don't have initiative or the ability to know not to kill or rob.

SilverCherryClock

i mainly meant in the clockcrew and the internet in general where atheists are so snide and self-congratulatory that i hate to even associate with them, if you seriously think you're clever when you call god an "invisible man in the sky with a zombie son" you should kill yourself

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: SilverCherryClock;1728608i mainly meant in the clockcrew and the internet in general where atheists are so snide and self-congratulatory that i hate to even associate with them, if you seriously think you're clever when you call god an "invisible man in the sky with a zombie son" you should kill yourself

God, I knew a guy from highschool who would preach atheism to everybody on campus like it was a religion, he'd hand out fliers with atheist quotes to teachers and students. He actually got a tattoo advertising he was an atheist. I could go on in detail about all his shit but it's just too much. I'm an atheist and not exactly pro-religion myself but he just took it too far. I'd like to say he was worse than all the religious freaks on campus but we did have this hilarious person in the christian student union who was about equal to him.

Also, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is just an urban legend stemming from misinterpreted sightings of Cthulhu.

Kaijuclock

Quote from: SilverCherryClock;1728608i mainly meant in the clockcrew and the internet in general where atheists are so snide and self-congratulatory that i hate to even associate with them, if you seriously think you're clever when you call god an "invisible man in the sky with a zombie son" you should kill yourself
Sorry, but I don't feel like killing myself. Besides why would I want to believe in someone who supposedly "hates" me anyways. Maybe if the religion wasn't so non understanding I might be apt to see it as a good thing. As it stands i get told daily that I am "going to hell for my gay ways." Way to make me feel loved, Christianity.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: 大怪獣;1728615Sorry, but I don't feel like killing myself. Besides why would I want to believe in someone who supposedly "hates" me anyways. Maybe if the religion wasn't so non understanding I might be apt to see it as a good thing. As it stands i get told daily that I am "going to hell for my gay ways." Way to make me feel loved, Christianity.

I'm sure there's a few shellfish kaiju out there, so you're going to DOUBLE hell.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: RibsClock;1728617Though for the record I bet 999/1000 Christians would say God loves you anyway.

Maybe the nicer ones who don't take the entire bible to heart.

K3LTR0N

Kaijuclock

Quote from: RibsClock;1728617Logically that's pretty silly. Pat Robertson probably hates my heathen ass but I don't just pretend he doesn't exist.

What's more, if there's supposedly not enough evidence to confirm He exists, then there wouldn't be any evidence that He supposedly "hates" you. If there is evidence to support His existence, then believing or not believing is a moot point.

What's more, what "some christians think" shouldn't have any bearing on how you investigate reality. It's simply not logical to discount an idea entirely because some of the folks who think that are assholes, because then atheism is just as guilty of having assholes in it as is the subject of the thread.

Though for the record I bet 999/1000 Christians would say God loves you anyway.

I'm not saying that I don't think god exists because he hates me, I'm saying that I would be more apt to listen to Christian views. Also Peter, i understand YOU dont hate me, however if 999/1000 Christians would say God loves me, then how come I've only heard it from a small, select few. You ever heard the term "Judge not lest ye be judged"? Well in my general experience of being around Christians, most of them do judge. How is telling a gothic kid they are going to hell not judging? Who is to say WHAT they are like on the inside. Now I am in now way saying ANY of you are wrong, Whatever is right for you is, well right for YOU. I just don't feel like it is right to be judged, and told I'm going to hell on a daily basis. Also I don't agree with trying to push religion on people, which Christians are horrible about doing. You can love your god all you want, but just don't tell me what he thinks of me, please.

Sinister Clock

First of, I would like to say fuck you to everyone who generalizes huge numbers of people with stereotypes of any sort, i.e this faggot*:
Who seriously believes every single athiest in the world is the exact same smug arsehole and there is no one else in the world who's athiest and not that same smug arsehole athiest stereotype. Sure there are plenty of athiests who are smug arseholes,  there's plenty of black people who love fried chicken, and plenty of Christians who think anyone who masturbates should be killed. I couldn't really think of a good Christian stereotype so don't think too deeply into that.

Quote from: 大怪獣;1728615Sorry, but I don't feel like killing myself. Besides why would I want to believe in someone who supposedly "hates" me anyways. Maybe if the religion wasn't so non understanding I might be apt to see it as a good thing. As it stands i get told daily that I am "going to hell for my gay ways." Way to make me feel loved, Christianity.

I hate to support Christianity here but it's not that the religion hates you, it's that people are bigoted dicks and use Christianity as an excuse. There's plenty of Christians who don't think gays are the devil.

Christianity is pretty silly though.

*I don't actually think SilverCherry is that much of a faggot, I just can't find a better example. I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean that all athiests are smug pricks either, I'm just really, really bad at finding examples in things.

I think I may be a bit of a smug athiest prick some times.