News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Pass the Flash thread

Farted by SchoolClock, March 15, 2010, 04:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SchoolClock

Woops!

Seeing as the forum has been reverted back 2 weeks, maybe that gives us a chance to start the Pass the Flash collab again without sound issues?

Discuss.

EDIT:

PART LIST  (with status):

1: Zombie Lincoln - DONE
2: Thor Clock - DONE
3: Screw Clock - DONE
4: School Clock - DONE
5: Satellite Clock - DONE
6: God Clock - DONE
7: K3ltron - DONE
8: Lotus Clock -  DONE
9: Dave Coulier - DONE
10: MenWithoutHats - DONE
11: YoYo Clock - DONE
12: Polyhedron Clock - DONE
13: Rob Clock - DONE
14: Asshat Clock - DONE
15: Ribs Clock - DONE
16: SCSP - DONE
17: Cadillac Clock - DONE
18: Astronaut Clock - DONE
19: Patriot Clock - DONE
20: Dwarfinator ClockDONE
21: Kombucha Clock - DONE
22: Telephone Clock - FAILURE
23: BoltClock - DONE
24:Topcatyo DONE
25: Radiotube ClockDONE
26: EnglishClock - DONE
27: EvilBeanClock DONE(still a chi chi man)
28: Tequila Clock -DONE
29: Albino Clock -DONE
30: AbsintheClock -DONE
31: Zen Micro - DONE BUT NOT REALLY
32: Limewire - DONE
33: Twist - FAILURE
34: Miraclefruit - FAILURE
35:Mentos - DONE
36. Clockradio - DONE
37:Munglai

MOVIE-IN-PROGRESS (not always up to date) (courtesy of satelliteclock)

Once you get your part, you will have 3 days to complete it!
(If you get the flash at a bad time in your life, just pass it on and move to the back of the list for another try)

If you guys can't figure out how to do the action script here's a quick guide:
1: make the whole movie in a movieclip. If you can't figure out how to do THAT then you've got bigger problems than I can solve right now
2: Select first frame of your movieclip and open the ACTIONS bar and type the following:
_root.stop();
3: Select the last frame, open actions, type following
_root.play();

RULES:

Animate in a movieclip with a stop on the first frame. On the last frame tell the main timeline to play. on the next frame in the main timeline there will be some other fellows part etc. etc. etc.

Name the movieclip that holds your part part_"Clockname" for example my part would be part_scsp

Name all your other symbols with the prefix containing the part number you are doing like this 1_clockmc, 1_background, etc. if you are the one making the first part of the collab.

When your part comes up you'll be sent a PM by the staff, and you'll have 24 hours to acknowledge that you know you're up. Otherwise you'll be skipped.

Specs:
24fps
550x400
Export in Flash 8 if possible

Oh and check out this cool scene selection interface by Satellite:
[flash=http://files.myfrogbag.com/csdp60/pass%20the%20flash%20base.swf] width=550 height=460[/flash]
So cool!!

Thor

I'm willing to forget about my part and start from scratch if ZL is.

We should make every part in its own movieclip like somebody suggested. That should solve the sound issues.
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!
Quote from: polyhedronclockYou're a fucking clock, what else do you have?
To be fair, you don't have anything. Clocks are just machines that tick.

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

Is there any space left in the collab for me?
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

SpongeClock SquarePants

lets make the rules.

suggestion :

Animate in a movieclip with a stop on the first frame. On the last frame tell the main timeline to play. on the next frame in the main timeline there will be some other fellows part etc. etc. etc.

Name the movieclip that holds your part part_"Clockname" for example my part would be part_scsp

Name all your other symbols with the prefix containing the part number you are doing like this 1_clockmc, 1_background, etc. if you are the one making the first part of the collab

clockradioclock

The clock crew travels back in time!

I'd still like to participate
[SIGPIC]dance with me[/SIGPIC]

SchoolClock

Quote from: Johnny Weir;1736092The clock crew travels back in time!

I'd still like to participate

Actually, if anyone saw my part: it was about Piney going back in time!

Scary!

clockradioclock

Goodness gracious, you can tell the future through flash animation.

flashmancy
[SIGPIC]dance with me[/SIGPIC]

YoYoClock

still up for this. scsp has a good idea but to simplify it maybe one person should make a flash file with a bunch of actionscripted movie clips like he described, and when passed around the next person can just animate in the next one along.

by Thor + Satellite

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1905428I think yoyo is the best one.

AmberArachnidClock

I'm digging it, but let the collab organizer do all the actionscripting I don't want to have to deal with that

Asshatclock

I was also part of this collab.
I don't want the last part though so dibs on an earlier part.

RobClock

Quote from: ASSHAT_clock;1736104I was also part of this collab.
I don't want the last part though so dibs on an earlier part.
I was bestowed the honor of the last part.

screwclock

AstronautClock

I was part of this I think I was number 18 or something right after dwarfinator or SCSP

PolyhedronClock

I'd totally do a part if there is any room left for me.

pop-tart

I was in there somewhere..

YoYoClock

it doesnt matter what order you used to be in, coz it was pretty random, draw up a new order

by Thor + Satellite

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1905428I think yoyo is the best one.

LotusClock

I had part 8. I think k3ltron was part 7. But then again since we're starting anew, we'll have to reorder ourselves to make up for the missing participants.

Let's do it right this time :D

zl

Quote from: Thor;1736055I'm willing to forget about my part and start from scratch if ZL is.

We should make every part in its own movieclip like somebody suggested. That should solve the sound issues.

I'm in! Really that felt like a warm-up anyway.

I'll have a new first part, in a movieclip and all organized pretty-like, by this time tomorrow.

I'm sort of sad about the sound issue though - it would be nice to have some sound effects or music that cross over into other parts.  Add some cohesiveness to the movie.

LotusClock

It might be possible to add a musical score on top of the parts as long they don't have music themselves.

ZombieLincoln shall save us all :D

RobClock

Quote from: dwarfinator is my hero;1736207I was part of this I think I was number 18 or something right after dwarfinator or SCSP
couldn't be, i remember i was number 18. (the last part.)