News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

HOMESTUCK DISCUSSION THREAD

Farted by Thor, May 20, 2010, 06:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thor

good summery I found
QuoteThe guardians Grandpa, Nanna, Mom and Bro were created in the laboratory by John using their own genetic material sourced from future versions of themselves.

Grandpa and Nanna's DNA merged and created John and Jade. Likewise, Mom and Bro's merged to create Dave and Rose. So now these 8 babies are hanging around in the lab.

During the reckoning, each baby is sent through a portal to Earth on a meteor. Grandpa and Nanna land within about a week of each other 1910 in around the same spot. They are taken in by Sassacre and his wife Betty Crocker and his dog Halley. Sassacre dies shortly after and the two babies are raised as siblings.

13 years later, Grandpa leaves (apparently with the dog, who by most dog ages should have died by now so it's probably Bec) to become renowned explorer and billionare.

Now for a bit of what we haven't seen yet. Nanna grows up and takes the name Egbert presumably from marrying some guy. Together they have Dad.

Later, probably sometime in the 70s another meteor lands with Mom on it. Either around the same time or later still, another meteor with Bro arrives. We don't know how they grow up yet.

Fast forward to 1995. The meteor carrying Jade hits the Betty Crocker factory (owned by Grandpa) in John's future neighbourhood. Grandpa takes the baby to the island in the pacific to grow up.

Days later, meteors carrying Rose and Dave hit their future locales. Mom and Bro are there respectively to adopt them. Months later, April 13, 1996, another meteor carrying baby John hits his neighbourhood, tragically killing Nanna, but Dad is there to take him in.

The kids then grow up and enter Sburb and John reaches the lab where he sets all of this in motion.
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!
Quote from: polyhedronclockYou're a fucking clock, what else do you have?
To be fair, you don't have anything. Clocks are just machines that tick.

DiscoBallClock

I started playing this today. I'm still early in, so I'll join the discussion when I'm up to date!

[FLASH=http://files.myfrogbag.com/kqk1bc/discosig.swf]http://width=300 height=200[/FLASH]

TequilaClock

Wait, so why would Jack plan to send Dave's beta to Jade in the future? Is she going to trigger some bad shit on the future? Does it have to do with Bec forbidding Jade to go to the frog temple?

Quote from: KeyClock;1753620It's like a comic right? If this is where I need to start then I have a long way to go

will look into this though, seems very interesting

Ya it took me around one or two nights to get up to date from the beginning, but all this shit is awesome.

AND DON'T FORGET TO SAVE

Slurpee

QuoteCG: YOUR JACK GOT THE BEST OF BOTH OF THEM, AND IS NOW SOMETHING HIGHER THAN A QUEEN OR A KING...
EB: like an ace?
CG: SURE OK.
:facepalm:

I basically intuit things like the whole bit about different game sessions just fine over the course of regular reading, but some reason stuff like THIS flies over my head and makes me feel like a total chode when I finally get it

Slurpee

also, hey, the rabbit timeloop thing. I almost forgot about that.

Thor

Quote from: TequilaClock;1753869Wait, so why would Jack plan to send Dave's beta to Jade in the future? Is she going to trigger some bad shit on the future? Does it have to do with Bec forbidding Jade to go to the frog temple?

It's pretty clear that it wasn't intended or planned, Draconian Dignitary just threw away the shit he didn't want, including the betas, and they just HAPPENED to land in the seed so that Jade coudl get it in the future.

All he was after was the MEOW book, everything else was just with it
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!

Thor

Quote from: Slurpee;1753899:facepalm:

I basically intuit things like the whole bit about different game sessions just fine over the course of regular reading, but some reason stuff like THIS flies over my head and makes me feel like a total chode when I finally get it

did you ever notice that the kids 4 user names are all made of the same 2 letters?

Turntech Godhead
Tentacle  Therapist
Garden Gnostic
Ghostly Trickster (later changed)

it's a metaphor for genetic code

Slurpee

yeah I noticed

the trolls all have ATGC initials too

Slurpee

another thing that took me too long was realizing all the felt members were moderately clever plays on billiard balls

TequilaClock

Quote from: Slurpee;1753912another thing that took me too long was realizing all the felt members were moderately clever plays on billiard balls
they couldn't touch Snowman because she was number 8, and no one messes with the 8 ball while the other ones are still on the board.

Slurpee

Marlin Clock

I would have appreciated more chess motif stuff than we've seen so far seeing what Skaia looks like, but oh well, I guess chess fans are a small base to curry favor towards.

TequilaClock

the deal that so little about Jade has been revealed yet keeps bothering me. It seems that the amount of kernelsprites released affects the condition of Skaia. Ever since the third one spawned it is represented as a whole chessboard planet.

AlbinoClock

Quote from: Slurpee;1753911yeah I noticed

the trolls all have ATGC initials too

Not ectoBiologist, but the trolls suggested that, after they saw him using it. What.

Slurpee

wait, what?

he changed his handle to stop getting trolled
he chose ectobiologist because gallowscalibrator had just called him a disgrace to the field of ectobiology
which she did because as it turns out he's actually an ectobiologist

Thor

Quote from: Slurpee;1753912another thing that took me too long was realizing all the felt members were moderately clever plays on billiard balls

I never really got how Lord English fit into all that, apart from "english" being a billiards term

It's all like... "look at all these guys with cool number based time powers and a billiard ball color scheme. Oh, and their boss doesn't have anything in common with them apart from having powers related to time (maybe)"

Slurpee

well it's a billiards term that refers to a move involving the cue ball (I think english is the cue ball) and has clock-related qualifiers

PolyhedronClock

I just wasted my day finally reading up to the current content.

god damn this is genius

I feel kinda dumb not being able to grasp the baby's being sent back in time and all that, but I think i'll try to make sense of this tommorrow when my brain has less awesome to piece together

TequilaClock

Quote from: PolyhedronClock;1754104I just wasted my day finally reading up to the current content.

god damn this is genius

I feel kinda dumb not being able to grasp the baby's being sent back in time and all that, but I think i'll try to make sense of this tommorrow when my brain has less awesome to piece together
I still find some easter eggs and foreshadowing that Andrew (the author) left in the story line. It's fun to check the MSPA forums seeing what they caught.

Thor

Quote from: Slurpee;1754101well it's a billiards term that refers to a move involving the cue ball (I think english is the cue ball) and has clock-related qualifiers

Oh, he's the cue ball then? That makes a lot of sense in many ways. Still kind of sucks we never got to see him or what he does (same with a few of the felt like Matchsticks). I assume matchsticks could pause time or something because 11 looks like a pause button.