News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

HOMESTUCK DISCUSSION THREAD

Farted by Thor, May 20, 2010, 06:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thor

ENTIRE CAST OF CHARACTERS IS BABIES

What the hell does this mean
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!
Quote from: polyhedronclockYou're a fucking clock, what else do you have?
To be fair, you don't have anything. Clocks are just machines that tick.

Thor

Actually wait, I think I get it now; the meteor that hit the betty crocker factory had Rose in it. The meteor that hit the joke shop had john in it. The meteor that landed in... the city had Dave in it. The meteor that had jade in it wasn't shown but took place around the same time I guess.

All of the homestuck kids are also genetic siblings or something idk
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!

Slurpee

what sick man sends babies to fight

TequilaClock

from now on this is the Homestuck topic

Thor

Quote from: TequilaClock;1752706from now on this is the Homestuck topic

Considering how "wtf is going on" is usually what I'm thinking when a new homestuck update comes out, that is fitting

TequilaClock

also, there is a theory of Jade being John's granny and John being Jade's gramps is some sort of messed up paradox. Which would mean that John owned Betty Crocker for a time if that's true.

BilliardBall10

err what is ermmm umm the fuck

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

TequilaClock

Thor

Look at the size of that feather

goddamn

Slurpee

calling a CG troll coming up

last time he and john talked this happened:
QuoteCG: RIDING YOUR LITTLE RED ROCKET.
CG: LIKE YOU ARE A FRESHLY HATCHED HUMAN LARVA AND THIS IS JUST ALL A BIG SCHOOLHIVE RUMPUS RESPITE.
EB: humans aren't hatched as larvae dummy.
EB: we don't hatch at all.
EB: we are born as these like little pink monkeys called babies.
CG: BULLSHIT.
CG: THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU JUST TOLD ME.
EB: what did i say?
CG: I'LL PASTE WHAT YOU SAID.
EB: i thought you didn't like going down that road?
EB: copy-pasting future/past conversations...
CG: WHY WOULD I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT.
EB: i dunno, that's what you just told me.
CG: WHATEVER, LOOK:
CG: EB: this is really weird...
CG: CG: WHAT'S SO WEIRD ABOUT IT.
CG: EB: well, normally humans hatch...
CG: EB: from like these slimy pods.
CG: EB: then we wriggle out as a little pink larva.
CG: CG: OH REALLY.
CG: CG: HUH, MAYBE WE HAVE MORE IN COMMON THAN I THOUGHT.
EB: hahaha!
EB: i was punking you dude!
EB: or at least i will be in our next conversation.
EB: thanks for the great prank idea.
CG: ARGH.
CG: WHY WOULD YOU TRICK ME ABOUT THAT, WHAT IS EVEN THE POINT.

and now there are babies to discuss

Thor

Yeah, AH kind of wrote himself into a corner on that one. Now he NEEDS to have that chat at some point.

Slurpee

I feel like AH plots out Homestuck a bit like how Chris Onstad did The Great Outdoor Fight and kind of has an idea of where he's going when he starts something like that up.

Slurpee

incidentally, ostensibly Homestuck uses 12 Monkeys/Terminator 1-style paradox resolution (which basically sums up that whole thing with gallowsCalibrator), but it's weird, because Dave has been using artifacts from abandoned timelines, which is more in line with Stargate/Doctor Who, and the appearifier refuses to appearify time-displaced chronologically elsewise objects whose removal would create holes in causation, which I don't... thiiiink quite fits in with either of those. (I won't even get started on the midnight crew and that fucking crowbar.)

basically I'm having a hard time getting a grasp on how the mechanics work.

I'm beginning to suspect there's some hitherto unannounced plot contrivance that determines what is and is not allowed to affect the (apparently predetermined) timeline (and, given the causation loops, will/already has effect/effected it).

Slurpee

holy fuck douglas adams was completely right about time travel grammar god damn

TequilaClock

Navigating the veil nearby...

An old man has much to do before he returns to Earth, dies, gets stuffed by his adopted-yet-biological daughter-slash-grand-daughter, and stuck in front of a fireplace.

Taking priority at the moment is shipping two passengers long overdue for a reunion.

OHSHI

Thor

"Taking priority at the moment is shipping two passengers long overdue for a reunion."

lol

TequilaClock

Yeah I noticed that too.

AH just loves making the story more complex and complex in every update.

Thor

On the bright side this did pretty much settle the grandpa corpse mystery by stating that he is going to go back to earth and then go back in time and then die and then get stuffed

TequilaClock

Marlin Clock

So, if I get this right, the first set of babies were direct clones whereas the second set are the main characters? You can clearly see that the first rose-ish baby has the same hair as her mom.

Are we supposed to assume John's father just came from a regular birth then?