News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

HOMESTUCK DISCUSSION THREAD

Farted by Thor, May 20, 2010, 06:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbinoClock

You're missing the obvious possibility that the babies are the trolls.

That or the babies are the kids and their "parents".

Marlin Clock

But that's exactly what I just said.

The second part of your post, at least.

AlbinoClock

Thor

Quote from: Albino the Destroyer;1753097You're missing the obvious possibility that the babies are the trolls.

But there are 12 trolls and only 8 clones. Plus the clones look nothing like trolls

Quote from: MarlinClock;1753091So, if I get this right, the first set of babies were direct clones whereas the second set are the main characters? You can clearly see that the first rose-ish baby has the same hair as her mom.

Are we supposed to assume John's father just came from a regular birth then?

The machine took the "paradox sludge" of the 4 gardians (mom, bro, nana, and grandpa) and used them to clone them. Then the machine used their genetic clone to make children, combining grandpa and nanas DNA to make John and Jade and then combining Bro and Moms DNA to make Rose and Dave

After that the 4 "main character" clones got sent to earth on meteors and raised by their respective guardians(or they're going to, soon. I suspect that is what John is going to do next). I think Dad was just the son of Nana and possibly Grandpa
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!
Quote from: polyhedronclockYou're a fucking clock, what else do you have?
To be fair, you don't have anything. Clocks are just machines that tick.

Thor

I think the whole point of these series of updates is to stop shipping. Like, seriously I think that was the ONLY reason AH did it
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!

Slurpee

nothing can stop shippers.

they are scum.

Slurpee

Quote from: Slurpee;1753007calling a CG troll coming up

caaaaalled it

Slurpee

QuoteEB: so they are like cloned copies of us?
CG: NO.
CG: THEY ARE LITERALLY YOU AND YOUR GUARDIANS.
CG: PARADOX CLONES.

EB: huh?
EB: what do you mean they are literally us?
EB: do they go back in time?

CG: YEAH, OBVIOUSLY. GREAT GUESS BRAIN HERO.
CG: BUT TECHNICALLY THEY AREN'T EVEN SENT BACK IN TIME BECAUSE WITH RESPECT TO THE MEDIUM YOUR UNIVERSE'S TIMELINE IS MEANINGLESS.
CG: SERIOUSLY WHY WOULD IT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT EARTH'S PAST OR FUTURE OR WHATEVER, FROM ITS PERSPECTIVE IT'S JUST A BUNCH OF POINTS TO CHOOSE FROM.
CG: JUST LIKE YOUR CHRONOLOGY IS FROM OUR PERSPECTIVE.
CG: BUT I GUESS THAT'S A BUNCH OF SEMANTICS. WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL CHRONOLOGY YEAH THEY GO BACK IN TIME.
CG: A PARADOX CLONE IS BY DEFINITION A CORRECTLY CLONED DUPLICATE THAT WILL INEVITABLY GO BACK IN TIME AND BECOME THE ORIGINAL TARGET THAT WAS CLONED.

Quote CG: BUT WHAT ALL THESE LOFTY SYMBOLIC ALLUSIONS BOIL DOWN TO IS SOME GRANDER STATEMENT ABOUT WHAT YOU SEE HAPPENING HERE.
CG: THAT YOU WERE ALWAYS THE KEY TO SEEDING YOUR OWN EXISTENCE THROUGH THIS GAME.
CG: AND ANY HOPE THAT IT COULD HAVE PLAYED OUT DIFFERENTLY OR THAT YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED THIS WHOLE MESS WAS ALWAYS JUST A RUSE.

EB: a distaction, perhaps?
CG: WHAT?
EB: nevermind.
CG: BECAUSE IF IT DIDN'T GO DOWN THIS WAY THEN HOW WERE YOU EVEN BORN, GET IT.
CG: WHICH IS ESPECIALLY PATHETIC SINCE PARADOX SPACE APPARENTLY WENT TO ALL THIS TROUBLE TO MAKE YOU JUST TO HAVE YOU FAIL AND DIE.
CG: REALLY THERE'S NOTHING MORE TRAGIC THAN THESE NULL SESSIONS FULL OF KIDS ENTERING THE GAME AND FULFILLING SOME COSMIC DESTINY SHIT JUST TO GET WIPED OUT AND LEAVE BEHIND AN EMPTY POINTLESS INCIPISPHERE FOR ALL ETERNITY.
CG: ACTUALLY IT'S SORT OF HILARIOUS.
CG: OR IT WOULD BE IF IT DIDN'T AFFECT ME PERSONALLY.

mystery explained

Slurpee

that second part also kind of pertains to that time travel post I made that nobody read

Slurpee

also AH makes a loophole
Quote EB: why don't you get back to me in a few minutes?
EB: i mean like a few minutes of my time, not yours.
EB: all of these little pink monkeys are getting way out of line and i have to tend to them.
EB: if you message me in a couple minutes, we can continue conversing in a sane, linear fashion for a change!

CG: UM, OK?
nice

Thor

That was some pretty hamhanded exposition

Kind of cool that AH is lightening the mystery load by explaining everything people are confused about though

TequilaClock

So in other words:

• Grandpa <-> John
  • Bro <-> Dave
  • Mom <-> Rose
  • Grandma <-> Jade

Right? That's pretty much how I predicted it when the guardian babies appeared.

Perhaps, unless the kids become the guardians' guardians and so and so.

TequilaClock

QuoteCG: YOU ASKED ABOUT THE RECKONING, SO WHY DON'T WE TALK ABOUT THAT INSTEAD OF ALL THESE PRETTY MUCH TERRIBLE THINGS.
EB: ok.
CG: YEAH, SO WHEN THE RECKONING STARTS HAPPENING, ALL THESE PARADOX CLONES GET SHIPPED OFF TO METEORS, FLUNG THROUGH SKAIAN DEFENSE PORTALS, AND SENT BACK TO EARTH.
CG: END OF STORY I GUESS.
CG: BYE.

EB: wait!!!
EB: so that means...
EB: we are all sort of like superman?

CG: UH YEAH, I GUESS.
EB: cool!

Another mystery down.

also

EDIT:

Wait shit, then it means that all those meteors apply that there are way many other users involved with SBURB? It breaks the deal of only four heroes and shit

KeyClock

I just googled homestuck and I am completely confused

miracle fruit

miracle fruit

TequilaClock

Quote from: KeyClock;1753333I just googled homestuck and I am completely confused

that's why it's so addictive, it actually unfolds in some way with the time

Slurpee

I think most of the meteors are just meteors

miracle fruit

Quote from: Slurpee;1753380I think most of the meteors are just meteors
maybe its a robot??

KeyClock

Quote from: TequilaClock;1753347that's why it's so addictive, it actually unfolds in some way with the time
It's like a comic right? If this is where I need to start then I have a long way to go

will look into this though, seems very interesting