News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

So I can pretty much understand spoken Dutch

Farted by Loki Clock, May 29, 2011, 08:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki Clock

I took a German course this Spring. At 0:51 of this randomly selected video I had, for the first time, the feeling of total comprehension of whole foreign clause - not just getting every word and being able to assemble the meaning immediately after, but actually processing it in the moment and capturing the exact emotion of everything. I have not had that with any other language. Obviously not Old Norse, but nor Icelandic or German. To me this sounds like an Icelandic person (compare pronunciations for "líkami, leyfa") with German and English words thrown in. "Zoveel [potenzionelle]" cued me to start processing in-the-moment. More than knowing the words, it was clearly seeing the emotion of "so much potential." Then the next part sounded like muttered English, and the end like funny German. After that moment I tried to stay in the act and ended up being able to understand almost the whole video.

[u2]5AziMj6-8m4[/u2]

Insomnia

Learn Chinese, those mufuckas takin over.

"brb going to moon"

Loki Clock

Quote from: Insomnia;1823349Learn Chinese, those mufuckas takin over.

I wonder if I could. Japanese was too abstract for me, and Chinese I expect would be even more so.

UnrealClock

Quote from: Loki;1823352I wonder if I could. Japanese was too abstract for me, and Chinese I expect would be even more so.

Chinese just sucks since it's super tonal and shit.
q

PirateClock

this is amazing, i can understand exactly what he's saying.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

AstronautClock

Quote from: PirateClock;1823376this is amazing, i can understand exactly what he's saying.
me 2. oh wow

BluezombieClock

Je ne comprends rien a votre conversation, désolé.
╔═════════════════ ೋáÆ'¦â˜Æ'áÆ'¦à³‹ ════════════════â•â€"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who donââ,¬â,,¢t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋáÆ'¦â˜Æ'áÆ'¦à³‹ ════════════════╝

☣ Motionmaker[/URL]

EnglishClock

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: AstronautClock;1823386me 2. oh wow

me 3 its amazin

EnglishClock

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OvenmittClock

I understand Finnish, but I can't talk or write it worth for shit.
AIDS

patriotclock

Quote from: OvenmittClock;1823409I understand Finnish, but I can't talk or write it worth for shit.

Holy shit this is so clear to me!

Flounderpa

learn spanish so we can be tongue buddies
ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬à®Å"Û©ÛžÛ©à®Å"ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬
SHUTãâ,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼ÂµÃ¯Â¼Â°Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â¡Ã¯Â¼Â®Ã¯Â¼Â¤Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â¥Ã¯Â¼Â®Ã¯Â¼ÂªÃ¯Â¼Â¯Ã¯Â¼Â¹Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â´Ã¯Â¼Â¨Ã¯Â¼Â¥Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â­Ã¯Â¼ÂµÃ¯Â¼Â³Ã¯Â¼Â©Ã¯Â¼Â£Ã¯Â¼Â
ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬à®Å"Û©ÛžÛ©à®Å"ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬

SpongeClock SquarePants

Quote from: DWARFINATORclock;1823391me 3 its amazin

wow man, me 4 i can hear and understand all of this. it blows my mind

miracle fruit

itt dutch people realizing they have senses and also the power to think and reason like anyone else

DigitalLemonClock

BAN EVERYBODY

EnglishClock

Quote from: MiraclefruitClock;1823509itt dutch people realizing they have senses and also the power to think and reason like anyone else

Truly, they have evolved to imitate our way of life now.... we must put an end to this madness before they mate with our women.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MonsterMunch

I know that all your mothers speak greek.

DigitalLemonClock

pardon my french but sluiten allen uwer fornicerend gelaat godverdomme
BAN EVERYBODY