News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Mass Effect 3

Farted by DWARFINATORclock, July 23, 2011, 04:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AstronautClock

Quote from: SatelliteClock;1898848That video was kinda bs. A lot of that was speculation and oversimplification. All of Bioware is terrible because they have one writer that likes writing more than playing videogames and have kind of bad PR? If Bioware is really lost, then why are they making a shit ton of money right now?

selling nostalgia would be my guess but idk

TequilaClock

Quote from: AstronautClock;1898856selling nostalgia would be my guess but idk

Nostalgia?

ProqagandaClock

Quote from: SatelliteClock;1898848That video was kinda bs. A lot of that was speculation and oversimplification. All of Bioware is terrible because they have one writer that likes writing more than playing videogames and have kind of bad PR? If Bioware is really lost, then why are they making a shit ton of money right now?

Maybe you haven't noticed but dragon age 2 was an abomination of the first game, just like mass effect 2 was less an rpg than the first, just like from what I've gathered the third one is.

Going from making the best RPGs to selling out is long road, alot of steps, and bioware is walking them without shame.

They'll even earn more money from it sadly, what do you think the Wii is? Shitting on millions of stupid fans who think they'll get awesome remakes of the same shitty games and ideas, which they got after 6 years of being mocked by the casual whoring.
Point is, mainstream is raping the medium I love the most: Gaming. In time it will perhaps bring so many people into gaming that there will be a market even for we who like some depth and non-stupidity in our games, but this will be a painful transition-period methinks where all the big companies will try to compete on who can whore out the most whilst still fooling the fans that they still give two shits about them which they obviously don't.

AstronautClock

Quote from: TequilaClock;1898866Nostalgia?

because the other 2 parts were so great fans will instantly by the third part, basically is what I'm saying.

Sinister Clock

I think the root cause of the problems in the gaming industry are the publishers. Games were a lot more creative back when they cost comparatively nothing to make, but now publishers will only give money to tried and tested and tried and tried and tested and tested generic formulas of games and they go out of they're way to make sure they receive as much money as possible so they make it as generic as possible, cut as many corners as they can, appealing to the lowest common denominator, bribe every reviewer and destroys anyone who dares criticises them, inflict as much DRM as possible to destroy the used game market and cut out vital parts of the game for 0 day DLC.  Ultimately, they don't care about the customer.

That is what makes me excited for Tim Schafer's game. If they're successful it can go to show that game companies don't need to submit to intrusive publishers. If the trend of public funded entertainment catches on then we can have some truly great, uncensored, artistic and creative games back on the shelf. I hear there's a Wasteland sequel which  has got a kickstarter as well.

AmberArachnidClock

and yet another thread where people shit out their ass how much mainstream is killing their games. OF COURSE IT IS. Mainstream ruins EVERYTHING. Have you seen what a clusterfuck Hollywood is? 3/4 of the movies released have a brand name attached to it. Have you listened to pop music from any time period? Not often the most artistic stuff.

Be happy that publishers are still willing to test out new IPs (Mass Effect was one not too long ago. So was Dragon Age.) If the sequels are shitty, then they're shitty. If you're favorite developer is selling out, then find a new one that you like more. Maybe an indie one.

Astro: That does figure into it, but at the same time I know a ton of people who did like the game a lot. In fact, I'd venture a guess that most people who bought ME3 enjoyed the experience

buttplug

Dragon Age and ME were not really new concepts,especially Dragon Age.

BobbyClock

Quote from: RipsClock;1898902I can't actually form a worthwhile opinion so I'll just choke down some cock instead glarblatbrlgflarbarblrbl.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/subindex/322

there you go buddy they even have rules in place to let you give your sloppy effort with likeminded sheeple.

ps dragon age / mass effect as original IPs. LOL

User was chilled for this post - be cool bro

BobbyClock

AmberArachnidClock

Quote from: BobbyClock;1898930likeminded sheeple.

Oh wow you are such a revolutionary forward thinker! Oh my gosh your vague angry nerd rant is sooo valuable! How could I not see it before??? I can't believe Bioware hasn't hired you yet!

BobbyClock

ITT totally cool people can't post versus material posted against their favourite things

BobbyClock

you're either a sheeple or a troll in this world i know what I'd rather be

also niggers

BobbyClock

Quote from: RipsClock;1898116fuck off bitch you dont see me crawling into your fucking anime threads

first crybaby post ITT

clamclock 4prez

BobbyClock

then why is there a topic about ME3 in here lol

zzzzzong

Lump Clock

BobbyClock

then stop filling this thread up with spam please clamlcokc

some of us are trying to talk about the game and not about the people talking about the game

nigger

patriotclock

Sinister Clock

No, you get back on topic.

NintendrCkolc

just beat the game, ending left me saying WTF and I got the "perfect ending" supposedly.

NintendrCkolc

Quote from: RipsClock;1899170the least disappointing ending is the right/red side

Which is what I picked.

A lot of people are claiming the ending was a hallucination brought on by harbinger's attack just before you reach the conduit beam and that after the red ending, shepard waking up taking that deep breath is him shortly after the attack.

Others claim it's a side effect of indoctrination.

This might explain the "ghostly image" of the kid which seemingly manifested itself out of nowhere (no explanation as to why the catalyst is the kid) and why the "red" choice was actually the correct choice. This may just be a dumb theory at this point but regardless the fact that all relays were destroyed, joker liara garrus all stranded on some random planet, and not knowing what became of everyone else really fucking bothered me.  

it's interesting to say the least. I'm gonna see what kind of DLC/future updates bioware provides before I get too pissy about it.