News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

ClockCrew Charter

Farted by PineappleClock, August 12, 2011, 03:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolyhedronClock

it seems like a yearly election could make things stale if a defunct/idle staff is elected. perhaps they should be more often, per say, bi-annually?

LeekClock

Quote from: clockradioclock;1838032lol I wrote the contents of the OP in The  Grid as a suggestion for our future and it seems to have stuck. Now  we're running it by everyone else to get their feedback on it too.

In the original draft, I implied that Piney remain a permanent part of  the team but he suggested otherwise--probably trusting that the Clock  Crew would know who the right people were for the job.

So what you're saying is... you are pineapple clock!?

clockradioclock

Quote from: LeekClock;1838036So what you're saying is... you are pineapple clock!?
[SIGPIC]dance with me[/SIGPIC]

DarkMatterClock

I AM PINEAPPLE_CLOCK HAHAHAHA

no wait... :dork:

PineappleClock

Yeah, the majority of the charter proposal is ClockRadioClock's, and a lot of the supermods agreed with it, so credit there - my original proposal had a more bureaucratic leaning, and had one "sysop" that was appointed to delegate authority down to supermoderators and mods, and the sysop could only be removed through the initiative process with a 75% quorum. I'm open to either way, I think we need to run this organization a little more like a school club and less like a government, but maybe I am just being naïve.

The charter is just a proposal right now and if we don't like it we can run some polls to get the opinion on some of the key facets - do we have a installed-for-life superadmin? is he or she voted in, and can he or she be kicked out by initiative? If so, what majority needs to agree? How hard is it to change the charter if we need to?

Listening to Grey's concerns, I could propose an alternate form of the charter heirarchy: Keep me on as "super-admin" in a permanent position, but revoke all powers of a super-admin (can't ban anyone, etc) - the only power I would have is to enforce any initiatives that successfully remove any of the four admins or five supermoderators. That way we have a "decorative" head-of-state, with only one real authority, to enforce the will of the people if need be.

Good discussion so far!

clockradioclock

Quote from: PineappleClock;1838065Listening to Grey's concerns, I could propose an alternate form of the charter heirarchy: Keep me on as "super-admin" in a permanent position, but revoke all powers of a super-admin (can't ban anyone, etc) - the only power I would have is to enforce any initiatives that successfully remove any of the four admins or five supermoderators. That way we have a "decorative" head-of-state, with only one real authority, to enforce the will of the people if need be.
This seems like the best course of action for the new system. I'd like to hear what others think too.
[SIGPIC]dance with me[/SIGPIC]

DarkMatterClock

I fully agree with the whole piney as super-admin idea.  It only makes sense to have someone at the very top who can remove others from their position should the need arise.  Now, down to business, how can we keep piney from going mad with power?  Nah I'm kidding.  I trust piney.

Thor

Why don't we just have this super admin be.... Wade Fulp? He's already done exactly what you want the Super Admin to do once. I mean, if we end up with another situation where we have an administration team the forum users really don't like and no way to boot them, we can just ask Wade to change admins for us again.
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!
Quote from: polyhedronclockYou're a fucking clock, what else do you have?
To be fair, you don't have anything. Clocks are just machines that tick.

RenegadeClock

Quote from: Thor;1838085Why don't we just have this super admin be.... Wade Fulp? He's already done exactly what you want the Super Admin to do once. I mean, if we end up with another situation where we have an administration team the forum users really don't like and no way to boot them, we can just ask Wade to change admins for us again.
I don't think Wade is in touch enough with the day to day activities of the CC to make an informed decision on who the next admin team should be, if it came down to that.

I'm in favor of letting Piney become a super admin, but I think there needs to be a contingency plan for his exit, whether it be voluntary or due to catastrophic circumstance. My suggestion would be that whoever is in the super admin position pick a successor, and that successor has to be one of the current admins. This way the next super admin is both elected by the crew and selected by our most trusted member. The super admin would submit the name of their successor to the Fulps and not disclose the name to anyone else, even the nominated successor.

Thor

So we're making a constitutional monarchy with PineappleClock as our king then? Or perhaps more accurately our Caesar.

edit: Edited this post a lot of times. So many times
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!
Quote from: polyhedronclockYou're a fucking clock, what else do you have?
To be fair, you don't have anything. Clocks are just machines that tick.

Asshatclock

So all I have to do is get everyone to vote for me to become super admin and I'll become the next king of the Clockcrew.

YoYoClock

Quote from: Trixie;1838035it seems like a yearly election could make things stale if a defunct/idle staff is elected. perhaps they should be more often, per say, bi-annually?

To remedy this, I think the userbase should be able to call an early election day, if, say, 75% of people agree it is so. Maybe more.

That way it won't get called every time there's a disagreement, but if there is a serious consensus like in the previous administration, it'd be easy to call an early election day

by Thor + Satellite

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1905428I think yoyo is the best one.

AbsintheClock

PineappleClock for Ayatollah.

Real talk though, I think we should put a vote in to give Pineapple a permanent position.

That way we can permaban anyone who opposes.

AC Slater

I definitely feel that Piney should stay on as a perma-admin. He's like the Clock Crew's anchor or glue or whatever.

GreyClock

Quote from: PineappleClock;1838065Listening to Grey's concerns, I could propose an alternate form of the charter heirarchy: Keep me on as "super-admin" in a permanent position, but revoke all powers of a super-admin (can't ban anyone, etc) - the only power I would have is to enforce any initiatives that successfully remove any of the four admins or five supermoderators. That way we have a "decorative" head-of-state, with only one real authority, to enforce the will of the people if need be.
Ideally yes, but I'm not sure how that would work with your very likely election as a developer? Or did you only mean the purely administrative powers like indeed banning, gassing, locking and whatever? Maybe we're overthinking it. I mean how many people have you actually banned in the past?

PineappleClock

Quote from: GreyClock;1838228Ideally yes, but I'm not sure how that would work with your very likely election as a developer? Or did you only mean the purely administrative powers like indeed banning, gassing, locking and whatever? Maybe we're overthinking it. I mean how many people have you actually banned in the past?

Probably only a handful and that was when there was no other mods / admins on at the time, or someone was hacking or had hacked the site.

AbsintheClock

If there is any objection I propose a ballot question making Piney the head admin for life. That's just a security check that's always been there when shit's hit the fan quite a few times when it's really counted. And anyone who thinks otherwise can go have sex with a jar of yogurt.

Also if you'd like to have sex with a jar and agree that Piney should be on staff forever I won't judge you.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: GETANABSINTHEINYOBUTT;1838482Also if you'd like to have sex with a jar and agree that Piney should be on staff forever I won't judge you.

okay phew

Asshatclock

There should be a dutch staff member at all times, it has always been like this too and there's a plethora to choose from.

Asshatclock

Zwarte piet is spanish