News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Site Plan & Priorities

Farted by PineappleClock, August 12, 2011, 04:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PineappleClock

Here's the working priorities for the development of the ClockCrew.cc site. This document is not complete and only serves as a guideline.
I am open to a re-prioritizing of site features if there is a consensus, or if there are any ideas this is as good a place as any to add suggestions.

General Plan:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b4t2EIQUWkaTGXf0WHK2AA0p7djI_8pwsi0C4PxQHEk/edit?hl=en_US

Priority:
* ClockCrew FLA Library (70% complete)
* Portalgrapher
* "CC" System and bank
* Sitewide Clock/Forum name and name change system
* CC JS Chat system
* Inventory system

Right now it is only me (and possibly CRC if he wants to) doing the code work, but if there's anyone interested in doing site coding, I can open up a Git or Hg repository and assign commit permissions & a cron job for updating the codebase.

clockradioclock

Quote from: PineappleClock;1837898(and possibly CRC if he wants to)
Willing to help with anything I can right after clockday.
[SIGPIC]dance with me[/SIGPIC]

AstronautClock

I think weenie roast said he wanted to help out with the code but I'm not sure about it

BoltClock

Quote from: PineappleClock;1837898Right now it is only me (and possibly CRC if he wants to) doing the code work, but if there's anyone interested in doing site coding, I can open up a Git or Hg repository and assign commit permissions & a cron job for updating the codebase.

I might chip in in my spare time. Backend's in PHP right? What version?

Also I use hg.
Latest Flash: Clockmas 2019
Latest Collab: Pass The Spam Drei
Upcoming Flash: BoltClock: Origins Part 3

RIP old siggy

PineappleClock

Quote from: BoltClock;1837945I might chip in in my spare time. Backend's in PHP right? What version?
Also I use hg.

Yep, PHP 5 - mysql 4 something I believe. I'm using a framework called Codeigniter for the site, and everything is piggybacking off of VBulletin 4.1.5, which has its own way of doing everything. Most of the work so far has been creating a VBulletin abstraction library for Codeigniter so I can develop vbulletin apps a little quicker and have everything squeeze through one templater.

For VBulletin modifications, we use their plugin system - which are chunks of PHP that get included in certain points in the VBB source code (called "hooks"). In a collaborative dev environment we'd probably have to add code to the hook points in the VBB files manually, then an admin would pull it out and stick it in a plugin.

BilliardBall10

Quote from: PineappleClock;1837898Here's the working priorities for the development of the ClockCrew.cc site. This document is not complete and only serves as a guideline.
I am open to a re-prioritizing of site features if there is a consensus, or if there are any ideas this is as good a place as any to add suggestions.
plans for greatness
those are very good plans, but err sir pinneapple, uhh, will we have the following additions:

-arcade (it was very fun and amusing playing CC games, made by clock's and trying to beat each-other's high-score.. could also inspire us itno making/posting games, too if you get my drift.)

-cc's system. an idea originated by leek(yes, around 08? i can't remember.) was good for motivating peeps, to get cc coinz, and spent them on upgrades in their profile, or for storage space. my advice: with cc's you buy storage space, for hosting your spare pics, files, or test-movies.kinda-like, NG-space, or imageshack, but with points.
also, a good idea would be to ''buy'' a space in a major cc-art administration, like for example, leading a saturday's art evening session.(granted that the buyer will earn these cc's for his artistic contributions in making movies, and not spam/cheating)

-the comics. we had an entire old section with them, that sometimes updated. most of them where not-seen-before comics, and created exclusively for the clock-crew.(a bit sad, but true). many peeps got a piece on the spotlight, and an award, and that gave them motivation to post /make/create more comix. that was a good cc motivation. even ZL, did some, that sadly got lost :(

-TIEM. im not talking about our current ''TIEM'' blog-thingy. no, no. i'm talking about the OLD TIEM.the one who was like an e-book, or an e-magazine, with full stories on: irl events, clockcrew un-known facts, tales of fiction, comedic stories,(like the ones coming from shasta clock, hillarious stuff!), and comics. we eeven did interviews on that!even
ZL and collumn(a newby-clock in fact) tried to revive it, but the need for people to draw the pages, and make them ''turn'' in flash, while keeping the design intact, crashed the morale of the men, and also the lack of contents.
so, in the new form, i'm suggesting to keep making stories/articles/comics/intervies in it, but with SIMPLE page-layout, without alot of mambo-jumbo.
just keep it plain. as long as the articles/stories will keep on coming, and it will get published(in digital form, in word, or either, in flash, dunno) every month, or every week, if we get many subjects.

please take these into consideration, and reply to me, if you want, because this is quite improtant/good for the activity.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

Thor

Should suggestions for site features go here or in the feedback forum?

Either way I'd like to see a CC arcade again, especially if it implemented ccs somehow. I'm liking that lineup of features though!
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!
Quote from: polyhedronclockYou're a fucking clock, what else do you have?
To be fair, you don't have anything. Clocks are just machines that tick.

cast

Is this part of the plans really fair? Don't go throwing us under the bus, we love the Clockcrew just as much as you guys do. I also feel Clockfriend isn't defined correctly, some of us go beyond friends and supporters, if not all of us. We're family just like the rest of the Clocks so treat us like it. :P
      • Clockfriend - A friend of the clockcrew, or supporter. This is the standard account type. They are allowed to register with any name, but it may not include the word clock, or Apprentice, etc.They are also not tracked by PortalGrapher.
      • (Note: there is no Honorary Clockfriend... if you are a HC, you might as well become a clock, e.g.: SageClock)
      [/LIST]
      [/LIST]

cast

Quote from: RibsClock;1838511clockling - an aspiring clock
      clockfan - a non-participating spectator of the crew
      clockfriend - a weirdo whose face does not tell time but still is part of the clock crew for some reason

Someone has to feed and clean up after you guys. The fruit clocks leave behind a sticky mess whenever they shit. You meat clocks are super-foul, da fuk. lol

Remember though, the Clockcrew was basically conceived by a Clockfriend named Tom. If everything didn't play out after what he did there would be no event to trigger the chain reaction known as the Clockcrew.

PineappleClock

OK, that sounds good - we'll revise to include clockfriends and clocks as equals

Quote from: cast;1838507Is this part of the plans really fair? Don't go throwing us under the bus, we love the Clockcrew just as much as you guys do. I also feel Clockfriend isn't defined correctly, some of us go beyond friends and supporters, if not all of us. We're family just like the rest of the Clocks so treat us like it. :P
          • Clockfriend - A friend of the clockcrew, or supporter. This is the standard account type. They are allowed to register with any name, but it may not include the word clock, or Apprentice, etc.They are also not tracked by PortalGrapher.
          • (Note: there is no Honorary Clockfriend... if you are a HC, you might as well become a clock, e.g.: SageClock)
          [/LIST]
          [/LIST]

AnkhClock

I never understood the nomenclature "Honorary Clockfriends." "Honorary Clocks" or "Clockfriends" would have worked, but "Honorary Clockfriends" made it seem as if they were one step down from the old Clockfriends.

Slurpee

Quote from: AnkhClock;1841821I never understood the nomenclature "Honorary Clockfriends." "Honorary Clocks" or "Clockfriends" would have worked, but "Honorary Clockfriends" made it seem as if they were one step down from the old Clockfriends.
          "honored" didn't have the same ring to it

Topcatyo

If we could ever get the ban reasons under the posts a user was banned for that'd be fantastic. Those were always a joy and when I finally got modded people couldn't see the hi-larious things I put in my ban reasons.

AstronautClock

Quote from: Topcatyo;1841954If we could ever get the ban reasons under the posts a user was banned for that'd be fantastic. Those were always a joy and when I finally got modded people couldn't see the hi-larious things I put in my ban reasons.

I like this too

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: Topcatyo;1841954If we could ever get the ban reasons under the posts a user was banned for that'd be fantastic. Those were always a joy and when I finally got modded people couldn't see the hi-larious things I put in my ban reasons.

I've been lobbying for this for a while. Not sure how hard it is though, and I dont know if there's already a plugin for it.

PineappleClock

There's a mod tools plugin installed but i dont think its compatible with 4.1.5 - I'll look into it and see if I can pimp out the ban system like you've outlined

AnalysisClock

herp derp

User was banned for this post - testers gotta test, sorry!

AnkhClock

Quote from: AnalysisClock;1842789Test

Oh thank god you banned that guy

PineappleClock

OK you should now be able to see the offending post in the banned users list - i'll work on the other changes later, gotta sleep yo

clockradioclock

[SIGPIC]dance with me[/SIGPIC]