News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Your thoughts on Clockification

Farted by PineappleClock, August 22, 2011, 02:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PineappleClock

We've had the Clockification policy / procedure in place for a while now, and while it was automated for a short while, it has mostly always been a manual process. The staff has had a couple of suggestions on what to do with clockification, but we would like to hear your suggestions so that we can put something in the charter regarding it.

The policy is sort of loose right now and needs some formalizing.

The main questions are:

1. Do you think there needs to be a policy in place for granting "Clockhood" to new members?

2. How should that policy work? Should it be based on merit (the ability to create movies) or some sort of democratic vote, or a combination of both?

Sinister Clock

I think that the current system of being clockified after six months or whatever is fine. But I also feel we should have a system in pace for fast tracking the ones who are actively making flash and are not Rupee Clock. Being a clock should mean that you are actively contributing to the Clock Crew community in some way or if you are called Sinister Clock.

Also posts should not be contribution, I mean like Flash or films or plays or something clock related.

EDIT: Never mind, just burn the motherfucker down.

AstronautClock

I think clocks should be chosen and not be automated like me.

but not just on flash making ability, though it should surely speed up the process. I think its more how you are on the forums since thats our main place to hangout.
so I think a poll once a month or whenever we feel fit should be good

AnkhClock

Have a Clockify button on people's userpages that only official Clocks can use. If a person gets enough "Clockify" votes (I dunno, say 25) they are automatically promoted to Clock. If a person is unable to get the required number of votes, they become a Clock anyway after six months (maybe).

PirateClock

I think it's dumb to be honest. Non of us had to earn our clock status and we made flash regardless. To be honest if i had to "earn" my place here i would probably never have joined. Same reason why i wouldn't join a fraternity, that and it's fucking lame.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

Chalk Clock

I liked the old clockificastion system. it made you feel as if you really needed to contribute something or at least not be a total ass bag in order to get clocked. It caused shitty posters to shape up or gtfo, and it felt like the title of official clock meant something. now a a days it seems to be more of a formality.

we need a poll on this.

PirateClock

btw i totally thought this was the grid or something, turns out its not so the "us" part doesn't really apply here but whatever.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

BinaryClock

I think the idea of earning Clockification is silly. Anybody can be a clock and all are welcome to, but being respected in the community is what's really important.

Anyway the only use we had for the status difference was when we wanted to put things in to the Top 50, we made a thread in the Green Door. It seems like we could do just the same by just granting people access to a Green Door-esque forum (not Grid, as that's for staff decisions) and stripping it away if there is evidence of tattling or vote shenanigans, and not needing to mess with the "title" of a clock.

PS: Keep in mind I may be biased because with my flash production I don't think I ever would have earned Clockification :o
BinaryClock, if you wanna play uno type !unohelp to see how to

GodClock

I'm not sure why we need one, I don't think people are banging down our door to be clocks, I say we take who we can get and teach them our secret ways.
Sw@g
Quote from: Kodiakclock;1893997godclock probably now that I think about it. We could bro it out he could learn me how to surf and then we cruise bro our way out of there into brosville

Sinister Clock

Quote from: PirateClock;1842895I think it's dumb to be honest. Non of us had to earn our clock status and we made flash regardless. To be honest if i had to "earn" my place here i would probably never have joined. Same reason why i wouldn't join a fraternity, that and it's fucking lame.

Actually yeah, changed my mind. Fuck clockification, it has not remotely useful and just fucks shit up. Get rid of it and we might actually start attracting more people with potential.

The only real thing clockification does besides repel users is provides exclusivity for the green door and that so we don't have people like splatter fucking up our secrets. So just do the thing Binary said and give access to specific clocks and get rid of clockification.

PineappleClock

well, there seems to be some sentiment for abolishing clockification - one thing however, how would we determine who gets to vote in elections? We cant have everyone that just joins the site participating in elections, otherwise it will be chaos, right?

EnglishClock

Quote from: PineappleClock;1842932well, there seems to be some sentiment for abolishing clockification - one thing however, how would we determine who gets to vote in elections? We cant have everyone that just joins the site participating in elections, otherwise it will be chaos, right?

Perhaps keep the Probie usergroup just for convenience reasons like this, but lower the automation time to "regular user" from 6 months down to like 2 or 3?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Slash

There was probably a reason why we got rid of the old system in the first place.

Thor

I don't like the clockification system, but if you bring it back just have people buy clock status with ccs. You'll be getting them for quality movies and posting anyway
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!
Quote from: polyhedronclockYou're a fucking clock, what else do you have?
To be fair, you don't have anything. Clocks are just machines that tick.

Slurpee

combine probie, clockfriend and official clock and just call us forum members.
if somebody has the shining it should be obvious. don't clog up the naturally emerging social order with bureaucracy.

if we're doing the secret forum for shenanigans I guess keep it to selected access (start w/staff then go by group consensus) if we're worried about nonexistent I'm a edgy teen spies, but remove the pretension and blatant obviousness of a separate user group. then hold the elections in there nbd

pop-tart

Agree with Corpsey.

You know how ya start a new job and ya don't get benefits and stuff until ya complete orientation and show you're willing to stick out for a bit.. same shit.

Invest in the community and it will invest in you. Show commitment and you most certainly will be made a compeer.

Sign up and post once every six months and don't contribute dick to the community... no, you don't deserve equal say in shit.

DWARFINATORclock

only black people should be allowed to become clocks from now on

pop-tart

Quote from: DWARFINATORclock;1842970only black people should be allowed to become clocks from now on

Damn straight.

SockpuppetClock

All I remember out of clockification polls was that everything was stupid and no one was happy

Unless we get a new resurgence of anything I think everyone who's still here or joins here has at the very least below-average intentions, so I doubt there would be that much harm in just letting people vote unless a bunch of life surges back into this place which would be pretty cool and totally not a bad thing

Although I never thought deeply into why we needed to discern who was clock and how was cock other than The Green Door but that's gone so I think the selection-process-era has played out its course

PowerGloveClock

i miss green door, it was fun.

i think we should grant clockification after the week-long newby period and then grant access to the green door (or what ever you decide to call it if you make one) after they've proven themselves worthy of clock status. whether its through flash production, community involvement, etc should be taken into account differently for each person. like if someone signs up and makes a lot of friends on the forum and is a great addition to the community, but isn't making a lot of flash we could try to get them to improve their flash output before granting access. or if the opposite is happening where someone makes loads of flash and seems like a great addition to the community but is apprehensive about posting, we could grant them access to give them a little confidence to get them to speak up more.

just my 2 cents, v:)v
Quote from: FLOUNDERINYOBUTT;1837615I think Kodiak is the only person on  this entire website who dislikes Slurpee. I still dont understand how  thats possible. He\'s so loveable and funny. Every guy wants to be his  friend and every girl wants to date him. Understandably Slurpee is not a  very happy person.