News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Your thoughts on Clockification

Farted by PineappleClock, August 22, 2011, 02:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

Probie Death Match. That was some fun stuff.
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

AstronautClock

Quote from: Blobert;1843197Probie Death Match. That was some fun stuff.

I forgot about this but I loved that stuff

miracle fruit

Quote from: BasedGodClock;1842914I'm not sure why we need one, I don't think people are banging down our door to be clocks, I say we take who we can get and teach them our secret ways.

buttplug

RobClock

I'm not sure what I think of clockification. When i joined, i was extremely determined to attain official clock status, but i was shit and therefore didnt. When the Clockfan system came into effect, after a period of excitement for having become an official clock, i realized it had significantly reduced what it meant to be a clock in my eyes. I felt like i still hadn't earned my clockification. I'm still not sure if i ever did.

but i digress; I don't think we need clockification right now, because we haven't had the amount people signing up that would necessitate such a system.

edit - also what slurpee said.

VCRClock

Quote from: ButtplugClock;1843265Listen to the yeti.

[u2]k03Nk18nOnI[/u2]
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

pop-tart

Quote from: RobClock;1843269we haven't had the amount people signing up that would necessitate such a system.

Regardless... this crew only stays elite if we screen our new members. Unless you want this here.

RobClock

Quote from: Pop-Tart Clock;1843273Regardless... this crew only stays elite if we screen our new members. Unless you want this here.
New member screening is required to keep out such dickheads, yes, but i would imagine that having them be watched by a staff member, and banned for being a twat, would be just as effective.

buttplug

Quote from: Pop-Tart Clock;1843273Regardless... this crew only stays elite if we screen our new members. Unless you want this here.

Why, we always tell new members if they are doing something wrong and they either fix it or are shunned.

Clocktopus

I thought clockification was a fun system. Although there hasn't been that many new people signing up here recently who have done anything.

I've recruited at least 10 new members, but most of them leave because of the waiting period.
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

RobClock

Quote from: Blobert;1843400I've recruited at least 10 new members, but most of them leave because of the waiting period.

If they're not willing to wait a week to join the community, then they're not worth having in the community.

Sinister Clock

Yeah I also think the week waiting period is doing a lot more harm than good.

PineappleClock

OK so let me try to boil this discussion down and my apologies if I misconstrue anything any of you may of written.

* Some of us see clockification as being beneficial, but not in our current state of affairs (not enough new noteworthy members). This may change in the future, and when that time comes we can vote to institute something.
* Most of us want the clockification system abolished
* A lot of people agree with slurpee, in that probie, CF and Clock should be combined into a regular 'member' class
* Corpse and others suggest there should be a training period for recruits - I'd need to see either policy or technical details on how that would work - Would there be an "clockcrew merit badge" system whereby you perform tasks and earn badges?

New Joins:
* additionally, the waiting period for new joins should be removed as it dissuades new participation
* part of this waiting period is due to a lot of new joins being bots
* most of the bots originate from a few select countries, countries that almost nobody else on the forums originate from
* for these countries, in order to sign up, i will create new revolutionary system, called the CRAPTCHA (Crappy, Retailiatory, Arbitrary Paragraph-long Tedious CAPTCHA for Harassing Arab bots) which is just a 3-5 paragraph long giant captcha that takes about 20 minutes to fill out (case sensitive of course)

* now since we need a upper echelon of master-artists, we will re-institute the green room, and that will be like a clock crew fight club - you wont be able to talk about it on the forums, and it's invite only and you have to be sponsored by other members. There we can talk about without spies sapping our sentries (if i get invited)

So, for the new charter that's in the oven, we will propose the following line items:
* Clockification is hereby abolished (anyone who wants to be a clock, we welcome you - proving you are commited to the group, however, is left for the community to decide)
* Waiting period for new users is abolished

Your thoughts on this attempted summary?

miracle fruit

Quote from: Blobert;1843400I've recruited at least 10 new members, but most of them leave because of the waiting period.

sounds like a bunch of impatient babies

The badge thing sounds pretty cool. Would it be like a boy scouts thing?

Clocktopus

I've always hated the waiting period. Good to see something being done about it.

AnkhClock

Sounds good to me. My only question is how a "Training Period" like Corpse suggests will play out. Anything that requires more than a modicum of effort from multiple members probably will sputter and die after a month or two. If it's something automatic, or just hazing from older members, then that would work.

YoYoClock

This "Training Period" happens naturally just by the new clock being around for a while. I see no need to formalise it and see clockification as a waste of time.

As far as elitism goes, if people are set on some kind of green door situation, I feel it should include literally every generally established clock right now. Any news guys would be allowed in once they are established as a guy who hangs around here and is cool. That sorta sounds like clockification really except it's all really just to regulate who can vote in elections.

We'd be better to focus any energy and motivation we have on creating good resources for the budding clock to use at his/her leisure to better themselves

by Thor + Satellite

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1905428I think yoyo is the best one.

Sinister Clock

As long as we can stop the blacks from voting, I'm cool with whatever.

nigga what?