Author Topic: Forum Structuring  (Read 1710 times)

RibsClock

• NOOO
  • Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Turn Back The Clock Participant For winning flash of the month Pass The Cash Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant For having submitted at least 25 animations Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Forum Structuring
« on: August 26, 2011, 01:22:12 PM »
Once again we're looking at how the forums are laid out, trying to balance it out so everything has a proper place but also so that the forums are readable (even by weirdos who don't typically use the "what's new" button like decent human beings with civilized tastes and proper pant lengths.)

The reason why you'd have more forums is if you want a specific space for a specific subject, not buried under other stuff. The reason why you'd want fewer forums is so that you don't get a bunch of redundant forums that only get a post a week and are a pain to navigate.

Alright have at it, my darlings. How would you arrange the forums, and why?
[SIGPIC]And there sat Sam, looking cool and calm, in the heart of the furnace roar;
And he wore a smile you could see a mile, and he said: "Please close that door.
It\'s fine in here, but I greatly fear you\'ll let in the cold and storm—
Since I left Plumtree, down in Tennessee, it\'s the first time I\'ve been warm."[/SIGPIC]

PineappleClock

• Integrating ClockCrew Business Solutions
  • Administrator
  • Clock Day 2011 Participant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.clockcrew.cc
    • Awards
Forum Structuring
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 01:53:50 PM »
-- start tangent --

Also I'd like to mention that if you think we need a new forum for some reason want to propose it, this thread is the right place, I suggest that you drop a mini-poll as well to gauge who else agrees.

The mini-poll button is under 'additional options' when you post or reply.

Example:
[minipoll]98xx7l[/minipoll]

-- end tangent --

buttplug

• si tiy;re ab ass nab eg>
  • Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2008 Participant For having submitted at least 10 animations Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Forum Structuring
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 02:00:36 PM »
The only thing I can complain about are the 'funny' names of some of the forums. They should just have normal forum names.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

• a serious detriment to society
  • Official Clock
  • For Creating at least 15 Flash Movies in the Flash Flood. For having submitted at least 50 animations Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Pass The Cash Participant For winning flash of the month Participation in Fifen This Movie For excellence in the field of excellence
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Forum Structuring
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 02:01:56 PM »
Quote from: Pube Blitzer;1844524
The only thing I can complain about are the 'funny' names of some of the forums. They should just have normal forum names.

The spam forum should always have a funny name. And the art challenge forum should always be the pokemon battle arena. Everything else can have normal names.

SchoolClock

• Original Pirate Material
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bryncurran.com
    • Awards
Forum Structuring
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »
Quote from: Uncle Thelma;1844526
The spam forum should always have a funny name. And the art challenge forum should always be the pokemon battle arena. Everything else can have normal names.

Totally agree, amount of time I've spent working out which forum is which is annoying.

OctopusClock

• where is toyota clock
  • Official Clock
  • ToyotaClock's missing: 1
    • Newgrounds: HyundaiClock
  • Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities For having submitted at least 50 animations Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Participation in the Clockoween Flash Event Clock Day 2011 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Forum Structuring
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 02:23:41 PM »

This. Pretty much the entire Arts & Leisure needs renaming besides like                    Reading and Writing and Gaming, cause it does get confusing.

if you find toyota clock, let me know

SockpuppetClock

• IT IS THE MOMENT WHEN OUR ARTIST HAS REGRESSED TO THE POINT OF INFINITY
  • Official Clock
  • Dead Cops: 410757864530
    • Newgrounds: bigexplosions
  • Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant For winning flash of the month
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Forum Structuring
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 02:41:35 PM »
Subforums should reaaaally be listed in the forum page

Other than that, everything seems divided well enough in taste that combining anything wouldn't work out very well

Although "Flash Help" should probably just be something along the lines of "Flash Discussion" e: and also point out that it includes a programming forum...

PowerGloveClock

• asdfs
  • Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant For having submitted at least 10 animations
    • View Profile
    • http://www.garbagemessiah.co.nr
    • Awards
Forum Structuring
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 02:51:16 PM »
i don't mind the funny names, i think it sets us apart from every other forum. we should at least have funny descriptions for each one
Quote from: FLOUNDERINYOBUTT;1837615
I think Kodiak is the only person on  this entire website who dislikes Slurpee. I still dont understand how  thats possible. He\'s so loveable and funny. Every guy wants to be his  friend and every girl wants to date him. Understandably Slurpee is not a  very happy person.

RibsClock

• NOOO
  • Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Turn Back The Clock Participant For winning flash of the month Pass The Cash Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant For having submitted at least 25 animations Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Forum Structuring
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »
I similarly agree the spam forum should always have a funny name.

Quote from: PineappleClock;1844520
Also I'd like to mention that if you think we need a new forum for some reason want to propose it, this thread is the right place, I suggest that you drop a mini-poll as well to gauge who else agrees.

When I see it I'll add it to the OP (or someone else can if I don't get around to it quick enough)
[SIGPIC]And there sat Sam, looking cool and calm, in the heart of the furnace roar;
Since I left Plumtree, down in Tennessee, it\'s the first time I\'ve been warm."[/SIGPIC]

PowerGloveClock

• asdfs
  • Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant For having submitted at least 10 animations
    • View Profile
    • http://www.garbagemessiah.co.nr
    • Awards
Forum Structuring
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 03:39:42 PM »
when is the fishing forum getting started
Quote from: FLOUNDERINYOBUTT;1837615
I think Kodiak is the only person on  this entire website who dislikes Slurpee. I still dont understand how  thats possible. He\'s so loveable and funny. Every guy wants to be his  friend and every girl wants to date him. Understandably Slurpee is not a  very happy person.

RibsClock

• NOOO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Forum Structuring
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »
Quote from: GlowstickClock;1844569
when is the fishing forum getting started

RobClock

• DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
  • Official Clock
  • Popsts: 0
    • Newgrounds: RobertClock
  • Clock Day 2018 Participant For excellence in the field of excellence Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Only the most beautiful butts shall be decorated with this honor For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood For having submitted at least 100 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Squirrel Day 2013 Participation in the Clockoween Flash Event Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities For winning flash of the month Pass The Cash Participant Participation in Fifen This Movie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kaijuturtle.com
    • Awards
Forum Structuring
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 04:10:21 PM »
I've got no problems with the way the forums are organized currently.

Thor

• Accept no substitutes!
  • Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2018 Participant Only the most beautiful butts shall be decorated with this honor Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant For excellence in the field of excellence Clock Day 2012 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Forum Structuring
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 08:48:08 PM »
As I said in this thread i think the forums should be restructured as such:

Community:
General, Competitions, Bug Reports, Policy

Art:
Flash Showcase, Flash Help, Art, Pokemon Battle Arena, Clock Day Movies

Interest:
Gaming, Television, Sports, ect

The last two forum sections are fine.
Quote from: MafiaMettaur
What the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!