News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Interest in TIEM forum?

Farted by PineappleClock, August 31, 2011, 02:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PineappleClock

Bluezombie had expressed an interest in getting TIEM up and running again, so I thought I would gauge what interest there might be in creating a subforum for organizing submissions -

I believe we had one before, but I wasn't directly involved in it - does a project this size warrant an entire subforum, or would a single thread suffice?

BluezombieClock

╔═════════════════ ೋáÆ'¦â˜Æ'áÆ'¦à³‹ ════════════════â•â€"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who donââ,¬â,,¢t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋáÆ'¦â˜Æ'áÆ'¦à³‹ ════════════════╝

☣ Motionmaker[/URL]

VuBawlsClock

Fuck anonfrog

VuBawlsClock

We could have a TIEM Team (no spinoff pun intendid) Maybe a couple, and like every week one team would release time, then next the week the other team.
Fuck anonfrog

BluezombieClock

Yeah, like mentionned, the key to having a successful publication would be to have enough people willing to make articles for it. I know I would. I can definitely see what you mean, Corpse, I remember that the TIEM magazine was alot of effort and slowly got less and less entries, and so on.

But if each participating clock could manage to keep material coming, I could see it working. I figured we could maybe have some people commit to a regular 'type' of article. Example: BlobClock's monthly How-to! , where our friend Blob teaches us how to do something new every publication. I'm sure there are alot of clocks here who are into writing (Speaking of writing, where'd that Snake guy go?), and I suppose the only way to find out will be to wait and see how many people post here with a spark of interest.

If the participation rate is too low, maybe one release every two or three months (but a bigger dosage of pages) could be a better option?

I remember when TIEM was officially released at first, I was hooked. I was constantly aching to see the next edition, knowing that it was produced/written by fellow Clocks

☣ Motionmaker[/URL]

VuBawlsClock

Fuck anonfrog

AmberArachnidClock

What if we did TIEM on commission sort of, so that we can post articles whenever we want, and it can be less organized. If we pave the way with a couple articles it would inspire people to make their own TIEM posts.

BluezombieClock

Quote from: SatelliteClock;1846952What if we did TIEM on commission sort of, so that we can post articles whenever we want, and it can be less organized. If we pave the way with a couple articles it would inspire people to make their own TIEM posts.

I dont know. It sounds like it could work, but it's not the same feeling as ''opening'' a nice, full magazine.

Alot of the new active members probably don't even know what it looked like. Maybe if we showed them a demo of how it would look like, it'd inspire people to write an article, even if it's just text. (we can have people work on the page PDF's and make them look nice)

☣ Motionmaker[/URL]

PineappleClock

The forum could also be editor view-only, so that people can post articles there and edit them, then say every other month they're all rounded up and compiled to a publicly viewable product

BluezombieClock

Quote from: PineappleClock;1847000The forum could also be editor view-only, so that people can post articles there and edit them, then say every other month they're all rounded up and compiled to a publicly viewable product

I really like this idea. We could have somebody to watch over the that forum ( to determine when there are enough articles to compile together ), but have every other clock's articles viewable only by them, so nobody gets a ruined surprise.

☣ Motionmaker[/URL]

SockpuppetClock

RobClock

I would do comics for TIEM.

Is that kinda thing acceptable?

RobClock

I'll try my best in both regards.

BluezombieClock

Quote from: RobClock;1847029I would do comics for TIEM.

Is that kinda thing acceptable?

Of course, man! Comics have always been a popular part of Tiem. I remember a couple of clocks who made a comic or two for almost every publication.

☣ Motionmaker[/URL]

zl

if tiem issues are published as a swf, having embedded animations for things like interviews or cooking recipes would make it a lot more appealing.

BluezombieClock

Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1847042if tiem issues are published as a swf, having embedded animations for things like interviews or cooking recipes would make it a lot more appealing.

I actually thought of this earlier... People could even film themselves and make a real video, that we could embed alongside the actual article. I could see this being awesome in How-to style articles

:hi5:

☣ Motionmaker[/URL]

Topcatyo

When we introduce CC's again we could have submitting things for time be a way of earning CC's.

Then maybe make the arcade games cost CCs to play,or possible be able to buy ways to advertise your movie on the site with CCs as two possible ways to make having CCs be more "desirable" or something, I dunno.

pop-tart

The problem is, to Corpsey's point, this community... as far as it's rebounded in the last 4 weeks... is still neck deep in a culture of "I would" and "I will" which rarely sees follow through. Everything sounds like a great idea until you have to put effort into it.

VuBawlsClock

If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out, what do we have to lose?
Fuck anonfrog

pop-tart

Well, to your point Vube.. Piney's question was not to debate the interest in the project... it was whether a forum should be created dedicated to it. Indeed, creating another forum would not take but a couple of clicks and we could gauge interest levels from there on.

So yea.. a sub-forum makes most sense... a thread will get too long and convoluted. Do it. DOOO ITTT

And when it withers and dies.. Ribs and I will smirk in our smugness.