Author Topic: Rules Revamp for September 4 2011  (Read 2205 times)

RibsClock

• NOOO
  • For winning flash of the month Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Pass The Cash Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant For having submitted at least 25 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rules Revamp for September 4 2011
« on: September 05, 2011, 01:09:58 AM »
This is a public notice that the rules have been edited for clarity and formatting, per a successful vote by the staff.

While no rules were removed or their content significantly altered, several redundant rules have been condensed.

If you have questions or concerns regarding these changes discuss them here.
[SIGPIC]And there sat Sam, looking cool and calm, in the heart of the furnace roar;
And he wore a smile you could see a mile, and he said: "Please close that door.
It\'s fine in here, but I greatly fear you\'ll let in the cold and storm—
Since I left Plumtree, down in Tennessee, it\'s the first time I\'ve been warm."[/SIGPIC]

AMPEEEM

• SHELLFISH PEOPLE, DOO DOO DOO DOO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 04:29:38 PM »
I have a major problem with the whole supporting clock crew rip-off crew rule.

1. I posted a thread here so people could come listen to Lock Legion radio, which at the time, had only Clock Crew members on it.

2. There is no way that listening or particpiating in the LL Radio is supporting or helping them be better than us.

3. The first time my thread got gassed I thought maybe it was a screw up on the site, because I had no idea why that would be gassed, but the third time I made the thread I was trying to make a point about the fact that there is a pretty grey area between what the LL and the CC is anyway.

4. It's just fucking silly, and taking the internet serious business shit way out of hand. Are we here to have fun or not? Please, next time I post a thread about the Lock Legion radio, and I will, don't fucking ban for me it. That shit is silly. As far as I could tell, the only person who had a problem with that was Ribs, K3ltron, Bluezombie, Blob, and Lotus all wanted to hop on the radio, and maybe more Clocks would have been interested in coming and chatting with us, but no, it got gassed, and no one else saw it.

I'm just saying, it was a pretty stick up the ass moment for no reason, and I thought it was really silly.
Minecraft Server

Ampm Clan. The most deadly clan.

Message me for details.

screwclock

• Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant For having submitted at least 25 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 04:33:21 PM »
i vote the word lock and legion to be censored from our holy website

buttplug

• si tiy;re ab ass nab eg>
  • Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant For having submitted at least 10 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 04:45:19 PM »
I support our current rules regarding rip-offs.

AMPEEEM

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 05:02:07 PM »
Honestly, how can you even say that with a straight face?

We are basically a Clock Crew rip off crew. We aren't the fuck original members, most of us weren't even around when the LL was formed, and most of us have no problem with the LL anyway. I understand not wandering around the CC boards with a Glock avatar or whatever, but if a Lock Legion radio broadcast has nothing but Clocks on it, isn't that a good thing? Doesn't that show us as kind of dominating?
Minecraft Server

Message me for details.

buttplug

• si tiy;re ab ass nab eg>
  • Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant For having submitted at least 10 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 05:17:17 PM »
Quote from: AMPEEEM;1857090
and most of us have no problem with the LL anyway

I doubt that.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

• a serious detriment to society
  • Official Clock
  • For excellence in the field of excellence For Creating at least 15 Flash Movies in the Flash Flood. For having submitted at least 50 animations Clock Day 2013 Participant Participation in Fifen This Movie For winning flash of the month Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 05:30:17 PM »
Corpsegrinder thinks we should pretend they dont exist. I think we should acknowledge but only through relentless mocking.

AMPEEEM

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 05:59:05 PM »
Quote from: Buttplug;1857093
I doubt that.

Why don't we vote on it?
Minecraft Server

Message me for details.

AnkhClock

• Anchovy
  • Official Clock
  • DUCE! DUCE! DUCE!
    • Newgrounds: ankhclock
  • Clock Day 2016 Participant For winning flash of the month Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant For excellence in the field of excellence Only the most beautiful butts shall be decorated with this honor Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 25 animations
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/ammat
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »
Quote from: FloundermanClock;1857094
Corpsegrinder thinks we should pretend they dont exist. I think we should acknowledge but only through relentless mocking.

While I am sympathetic to Corpsegrinder's viewpoint, I must ultimately agree with Flounderman's proposition.

Topcatyo

• This is definitely the same avatar as before
  • Official Clock
  • Yup, definitely needed a second one of these
    • Newgrounds: topcatyo
  • Participation in Fifen This Movie For having submitted at least 25 animations Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant For excellence in the field of excellence
    • View Profile
    • http://dragonswithpompoms.blogspot.com/
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 09:11:47 PM »
The rule regarding the Lock Legion was made when so-and-so hacked this site and something something it was a dick move and we figured we're better off just not paying any attention to the Lock Legion since they're quite frankly not worth our time.

You can be in it for all I care, but it's kind of a Don't Ask Don't Tell policy. It's not that big of a deal, a user who visits Something Awful has no need to tell us about the latest Photoshop contest and we don't need to hear about whatever the hell the Lock Legion's doing. The rule makes sense to me.

[minipoll]qbfxmj[/minipoll]

Here's a mini poll. If enough people are displeased with the rule I'll make a thread, but I really I don't see it as being a big deal.
supaflyart.me
supaflyarturo.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/supaflyarturo

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

• Official Clock
  • For excellence in the field of excellence For Creating at least 15 Flash Movies in the Flash Flood. For having submitted at least 50 animations Clock Day 2013 Participant Participation in Fifen This Movie For winning flash of the month Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 01:15:18 AM »
Arent we not supposed to do minipolls for actual policy decisions because we cant track them.

Topcatyo

• This is definitely the same avatar as before
  • Official Clock
  • Yup, definitely needed a second one of these
    • Newgrounds: topcatyo
  • Participation in Fifen This Movie For having submitted at least 25 animations Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant For excellence in the field of excellence
    • View Profile
    • http://dragonswithpompoms.blogspot.com/
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 02:08:09 AM »
Quote from: FloundermanClock;1857255
Arent we not supposed to do minipolls for actual policy decisions because we cant track them.

Well it's not a policy decision I'm just asking if people think I should even concern myself about making a thread about it.
supaflyart.me
supaflyarturo.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/supaflyarturo

Asshatclock

• Internet dweller
  • Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: asshatclock
  • Pass The Cash Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Turn Back The Clock Participant For winning flash of the month For excellence in the field of excellence
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 06:35:23 AM »
rule 895#: everybody, be cool.

DWARFINATORclock

• Give a man a mask, and he will show you his true face
  • Official Clock
  • For excellence in the field of excellence Turn Back The Clock Participant Clock Day 2003 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant For having submitted at least 25 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 08:00:18 AM »
Quote from: AMPEEEM;1857071
I have a major problem with the whole supporting clock crew rip-off crew rule.

1. I posted a thread here so people could come listen to Lock Legion radio, which at the time, had only Clock Crew members on it.

2. There is no way that listening or particpiating in the LL Radio is supporting or helping them be better than us.

3. The first time my thread got gassed I thought maybe it was a screw up on the site, because I had no idea why that would be gassed, but the third time I made the thread I was trying to make a point about the fact that there is a pretty grey area between what the LL and the CC is anyway.

4. It's just fucking silly, and taking the internet serious business shit way out of hand. Are we here to have fun or not? Please, next time I post a thread about the Lock Legion radio, and I will, don't fucking ban for me it. That shit is silly. As far as I could tell, the only person who had a problem with that was Ribs, K3ltron, Bluezombie, Blob, and Lotus all wanted to hop on the radio, and maybe more Clocks would have been interested in coming and chatting with us, but no, it got gassed, and no one else saw it.

I'm just saying, it was a pretty stick up the ass moment for no reason, and I thought it was really silly.

What the CC is and what the LL is is not a grey area at all, if you love the LL so much why don't you fuck off to it and stop posting here.

I think we do what Corpse proposes, just pretend they don't exist and ban everyone that posts supporting them.

GreyClock

• Master of Arts
  • Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations Clock Day 2003 Participant For winning flash of the month
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 09:06:13 AM »
I think we need to be careful and not make a whole Voldemortian he who should not be named thing out of the Lock Legion, or any other group. That's way too much credit. On the whole I agree with the rule, apart from maybe posting movies from these groups, which seems a little silly. I can't really think of any movies I would want to post, but you know...

As for AMPM: I'm just wondering, if it's all clocks who call in anyway, why not just host it on Clock Crew Radio?

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 09:54:28 AM »
Quote from: GreyClock;1857311
I think we need to be careful and not make a whole Voldemortian he who should not be named thing out of the Lock Legion, or any other group. That's way too much credit. On the whole I agree with the rule, apart from maybe posting movies from these groups, which seems a little silly. I can't really think of any movies I would want to post, but you know...

As for AMPM: I'm just wondering, if it's all clocks who call in anyway, why not just host it on Clock Crew Radio?

If you made the movie yourself I think I'm okay with posting a lock legion movie. After all we post unrelated stuff we've made sometimes. But then again why would you WANT to make a lock legion movie when you could just make a clock movie.

GreyClock

• Master of Arts
  • Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations Clock Day 2003 Participant For winning flash of the month
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 10:01:50 AM »
Quote from: FloundermanClock;1857314
If you made the movie yourself I think I'm okay with posting a lock legion movie. After all we post unrelated stuff we've made sometimes. But then again why would you WANT to make a lock legion movie when you could just make a clock movie.
No, I meant posting a Lock Legion movie made by a bona fide Lock because you just happen to like it or whatever.

RibsClock

• NOOO
  • For winning flash of the month Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Pass The Cash Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant For having submitted at least 25 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
I think a movie like Lord of the Clocks where the lock legion is portrayed conceptually, while personally I believe to be a bad idea and something folks should not do, is one thing.

A clock posting lock legion collabs they're in, lock day movies, someone doing "aubergine loves drew pickles" or some shit, I don't see how that should be given more respect and allowance than if they were doing block band or socom squad or any other shit group.

I could be wrong on this, though. So far, however, I see the language of the rules as being clear about what they mean, without elevating any group and giving them significance.
[SIGPIC]And there sat Sam, looking cool and calm, in the heart of the furnace roar;
Since I left Plumtree, down in Tennessee, it\'s the first time I\'ve been warm."[/SIGPIC]

GreyClock

• Master of Arts
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 11:47:18 AM »
Quote from: RibsClock;1857322
I think a movie like Lord of the Clocks where the lock legion is portrayed conceptually, while personally I believe to be a bad idea and something folks should not do, is one thing.

A clock posting lock legion collabs they're in, lock day movies, someone doing "aubergine loves drew pickles" or some shit, I don't see how that should be given more respect and allowance than if they were doing block band or socom squad or any other shit group.

I could be wrong on this, though. So far, however, I see the language of the rules as being clear about what they mean, without elevating any group and giving them significance.
Well I wasn't really clear on that in my second post, but what I meant was that clocks should be allowed to post whatever movies they like from any rip-off group, not just by the Lock Legion. I can't see people exercizing that freedom often, but it just seems like an incredibly petty rule to me.

As for clocks posting rip-off crew things they were involved in, I think it all depends on how involved that person is in our community. We can do without people just here to whore that stuff, but if it's an active clock who just so happens to do stuff like that on that side and wants to show it, I don't really care. Judging from some of the opinions in this thread it's not going to win you any popularity contests, so if your still willing to post it knowing that, be my guest.

RibsClock

• NOOO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 12:19:39 PM »
Quote from: GreyClock;1857335
Well I wasn't really clear on that in my second post, but what I meant was that clocks should be allowed to post whatever movies they like from any rip-off group, not just by the Lock Legion. I can't see people exercizing that freedom often, but it just seems like an incredibly petty rule to me.

You are entitled to that opinion but suffice it to say I consider it a standard which is beneficial to the crew, in terms of he environment it produces and in its perpetuation. Becoming indistinct from every other shitty ripoff group out there is a problem we really face and have to consider.

Unlike most clocks, I actually post on and visit the NG BBS, read all the reviews I get, and scan the portal fairly often. What I see are people trying to forge a cult of personality for themselves, be the next Strawberry or Orange, making awful little crews with ripoff alliterated names, and basically stealing the identities of other prominent members outright for this purpose. They then do everything they can to associate themselves with us, start up their own "_____ day", demand collections pages, and, often, try and get clocks in on their shenanigans if they can.

Now you might be inclined to think "Yeah sure let em who cares" but the problem is less in them doing these things and more in us mixing with that. There are a lot of people on Newgrounds who have the impression (and, in some cases, cannot be blamed for it) that the groups are pretty much all the same. The conclusions are either that they're all equally as shit as your socom squad and you shouldn't join them, or that it doesn't matter which you join and you might as well join yonder lock legion.

I see it as something that eventually leads to the total stagnation and dwindling of the Clock Crew.

Quote from: GreyClock;1857335
Judging from some of the opinions in this thread it's not going to win you any popularity contests, so if your still willing to post it knowing that, be my guest.

I understand this mentality, but consider how the crew tends to respond to these sorts of things. They'd be way more likely to get in an argument about it over coffeelock art, for instance, and way more likely to descend like piranhas on some newbie who didn't know better.

I don't think it's so absurd to see it as preferable that it's just made as a matter-of-fact rule. As far as how the rule is presently received, it seems to be accepted quite well, far better than I had anticipated when proposing it. In fact I'm rather surprised at how little protestation there is regarding it, and it's just sort of fit in as a non-issue for the most part.

That's really one of the reasons why I'm less inclined towards the Voldemort analogy (which was good by the way illustrated the point well I'm not teasing it though I feel silly saying it) I don't feel like we've done it in a way that promotes any sort of reverence for the subject, any more than the old rule banning mac vs. pc arguments did.