News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Does God exist?

Farted by AbsintheClock, September 20, 2011, 12:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbsintheClock

Is god relevant to human existence? There's another important question.

Pube Glenn Beck

Of course he does you ingrate how is this a question.

Sombra

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1856335Is god relevant to human existence? There's another important question.

Well if you subscribe to Nietzsche's point of view, not really. Humanity outgrew the need for traditional Christian god through modern science and technology blah blah blah.

WiiClock

HELLO EVERYONE.

Pube Carville

I think god is a woman we all want to have sex with, but we can't. She probably got some big ol titties.

pop-tart

If God is omniscient then he already knows the outcome of this moral experiment he is supposedly conducting (therefore, by the way, free will doesn't truly exist since God knows what you're gonna do) so it is completely absurd that he is still conducting said experiment unless he's just really funny like those guys on YouTube who do the pranks through the Burger King drive-thru I like those guys.

So no, I don't think He exists. At least not in the moral father figure sense religion portrays Him as.

Pube OReilly

God yes, global warming no

WiiClock

Quote from: clammo;1856346Science and technology doesn't replace the human need for something greater, for an after-life, for the comfort of knowing someone is there looking out for you!

Discuss.

Humans don't have needs after they die. The same way you no longer have to eat, sleep, or fuck, you no longer need "the comfort".
HELLO EVERYONE.

Pube Carville

Quote from: Pube O'Reilly;1856349God yes, global warming no

Easy to say for you leatherface. While you gettin' more sunlight, I'm having to rebuild my house every 2 years. By the way you look like an oompa loompa with pasty eye sockets.

AlbinoClock

While it may be true that one can't be certain whether or not God exists, that doesn't mean that God existing and God not existing have equal probability. We have no evidence of God being anything more than the myth of a young species, so there's no reason to assume he's anything more than that.

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are faeries at the bottom of it too?

Pube OReilly

Quote from: Pube Carville;1856354Easy to say for you leatherface. While you gettin' more sunlight, I'm having to rebuild my house every 2 years. By the way you look like an oompa loompa with pasty eye sockets.

who are you calling leatherface you literally creak every time you turn your head

And at least my eye sockets actually have eyes in them rather than skin streched over holes in your mumified skull

Sombra

Quote from: AlbinoClock;1856355While it may be true that one can't be certain whether or not God exists, that doesn't mean that God existing and God not existing have equal probability. We have no evidence of God being anything more than the myth of a young species, so there's no reason to assume he's anything more than that.

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are faeries at the bottom of it too?

So, now just correct me if I'm wrong, you're basically saying we should flip a coin and if it's heads god exists, if it's tails then god is atheist!?!?!

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1856348If God is omniscient then he already knows the outcome of this moral experiment he is supposedly conducting (therefore, by the way, free will doesn't truly exist since God knows what you're gonna do) so it is completely absurd that he is still conducting said experiment unless he's just really funny like those guys on YouTube who do the pranks through the Burger King drive-thru I like those guys.

So no, I don't think He exists. At least not in the moral father figure sense religion portrays Him as.

If he exists I imagine he forces himself to not look at the future. He doesnt ask the questions that could let him ruin the end of the story. If god exists he created the universe to entertain himself. Why else would there be bad things in the world, a story needs conflict. A perfect world without pain would be boring.

Pube Carville

Quote from: Pube O'Reilly;1856360who are you calling leatherface you literally creak every time you turn your head

And at least my eye sockets actually have eyes in them rather than skin streched over holes in your mumified skull

Hey Combover McGiblet, my grandmother called and she wants her neck back.

AlbinoClock

Quote from: Sombra;1856361So, now just correct me if I'm wrong, you're basically saying we should flip a coin and if it's heads god exists, if it's tails then god is atheist!?!?!

No. If you flip a coin and it lands on heads, there's no god. If it lands on tails, there's no god. If it lands on its edge there's some weird shit going on but I still have no reason to believe it's god. If the coin turns into a burning bush, ok, maybe.

pop-tart

Quote from: AlbinoClock;1856382No. If you flip a coin and it lands on heads, there's no god. If it lands on tails, there's no god. If it lands on its edge there's some weird shit going on but I still have no reason to believe it's god. If the coin turns into a burning bush, ok, maybe.

Best post itt just sayin

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: AlbinoClock;1856382No. If you flip a coin and it lands on heads, there's no god. If it lands on tails, there's no god. If it lands on its edge there's some weird shit going on but I still have no reason to believe it's god. If the coin turns into a burning bush, ok, maybe.

nice popst bro props

Pube Ron Paul

We shouldn't be wasting time pondering lofty questions like the existence of god, we should look at what we've got on our plate right now which is a foreign war we can't afford and a domestic war against drugs that was doomed from its conception!

-Ron Paul 2012

OBJECTIVISM. AYN RAND. OBJECTIVISM

Clocktopus

I personally don't believe in God or any deities and never have. The whole thing just always sounded fake to me and it never made sense to me. Also, gods don't matter at all, and all religion, in my opinion, causes is unnecessary fighting.

AlbinoClock

Ribs would you care to clear up how exactly things like Greek and Norse traditions are monotheistic in any way? Hinduism I agree is monotheistic.