News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Initiative to Remove CorpsegrinderClock from the position of Super Moderator

Farted by AlbinoClock, September 29, 2011, 07:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demod Corpsegrinder?

es
11 (100%)
o
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: October 06, 2011, 07:23:56 PM

AlbinoClock

Since becoming a supermod, I think Corpsegrinder has blatantly displayed arrogance and lack of regard for the opinions of the community multiple times. In the issue of Blob's name rechange, he stated that a number of people complaining doesn't constitute a problem. If our complaints aren't indicative of something needing to change, what is? In the recent issue of Miraclefruit's debate on the nature of the NSFW thread-tag, he abused his ability to tag threads in order to turn what was intended as a serious discussion into a bunch of pictures of dicks and hentai, again showing his contempt for the legitimate concerns of a member of our community.

I'm sure in his mind the Blob stuff was "dumb bullshit" and so is this NSFW stuff (which I actually agree with him on, but that's not how you go about it as a member of the staff), but that's irrelevant. That's not how you deal with your userbase. For a guy who was accusing other people of abusing their mod powers, he sure got down to doing it himself pretty quickly.

Bad idea in 2005, bad idea in 2011.

Vote.

AbsintheClock

buttplug

I'm not sure we need to keep the pools open for a week. I'd rather have it open for like 3 days and resolve it more quickly.

AlbinoClock

Staff feel free to pick a period of time, I just stuck a number in there.

F U Clock

Explain to me in further detail what happened with the NSFW thread. I saw Ribs' first post but no dix pix. Who did what.

AlbinoClock

Ribs made the thread NSFW and then started, along with some others, posting NSFW pictures in the thread. The NSFW background is a tiled dick background made by yours truely circa 06. That's funny and all but it demonstrates the dismissiveness of dissenting opinion that I brought up above.

VuBawlsClock

I think Ribs is a good super mod
Fuck anonfrog

AlbinoClock

Quote from: VuBawlsClock;1860740I think Ribs is a good admin

And I think Absinthe is a good Senator but neither of those things are meaningful to the discussion considering neither of them is any kind of the thing we said they were.

Edit: Oh nevermind.

AbsintheClock

Quote from: VuBawlsClock;1860740I think Ribs is a good admin

Well I think he's a lousy admin. Doesn't do any of the admin job stuff. Decent smod though. (he's not an admin)

F U Clock

Quote from: AlbinoClock;1860739Ribs made the thread NSFW and then started, along with some others, posting NSFW pictures in the thread.

Hmmm. To the point about Blob, I don't know that inaction is exactly what people think of when they hear mod-abuse. To me, he just has a kind of laissez-faire way of doing things. However posting NSFW stuff in the general forum is probably against the rules. I'd warn him, not de-mod him. But then again, I have kind of a laissez-faire way of doing things.

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: VuBawlsClock;1860740I think Ribs is a good super mod

hes not even an admin

pop-tart

Some validity in Albino's concerns... but I also don't think you can expect anyone to not make mistakes.. especially if in a position for like 2 weeks. Corpsey has good intentions but an imperious personality. He deserves time.

Fuck it. I'm going neutral on this one.

miracle fruit

some context
Quote from: MiracleFruitClock
Quote from: RibsClockoh the hentai one where they don't show anything.

Yeah that's not the image I was thinking of, you're right. I didn't ban him because it's not NSFW as I discussed in the thread you should really read it.
Not NSFW according to who? You? Contrary to your belief that you make the rules on a whim, that's not what the forum rules page says.

Not-work-safe material is not-work-safe material. Did you read my post either? Right. I'm sure any employer wouldn't have a problem with it.
Quote from: RibsClockThat's been policy for ages mate.
where does it say that. i dont see that anywhere

kind of like how 'don't steal other members names' has been policy for ages am i right? funny how you fought that one tooth and nail but this is just fine and dandy

like i said, you don't make the rules on a whim you pompous prick

needless to say i voted yes

VuBawlsClock

Fuck anonfrog

AlbinoClock

Quote from: F U Clock;1860743Hmmm. To the point about Blob, I don't know that inaction is exactly what people think of when they hear mod-abuse. To me, he just has a kind of laissez-faire way of doing things. However posting NSFW stuff in the general forum is probably against the rules. I'd warn him, not de-mod him. But then again, I have kind of a laissez-faire way of doing things.

My problem isn't that he didn't do something about Blob, because iirc, he actually ended up banning him. It's how dismissive he was of the whole issue while discussing it, and how dismissive he was of the idea that it was actually meaningful to some of us that he didn't keep the name he lied to get. He actually said a bunch of people complaining about a problem doesn't constitute a problem. I can go dig up the quote if you like.

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1860748Some validity in Albino's concerns... but I also don't think you can expect anyone to not make mistakes.. especially if in a position for like 2 weeks. Corpsey has good intentions but an imperious personality. He deserves time.

Fuck it. I'm going neutral on this one.

New? Corpse's first week of being an smod was in 2005. On the Clocktopia on Strange's server he was an admin. He was in the grid for years. This is not his first day at the show and this is not just a rookie mistake, it's a serious communication problem that he has. We voted him out of the grid for this.

F U Clock

Quote from: AlbinoClock;1860751My problem isn't that he didn't do something about Blob, because iirc, he actually ended up banning him. It's how dismissive he was of the whole issue while discussing it, and how dismissive he was of the idea that it was actually meaningful to some of us that he didn't keep the name he lied to get. He actually said a bunch of people complaining about a problem doesn't constitute a problem. I can go dig up the quote if you like.

Well to me that just sounds like you don't like him, and he actually did his job as a mod, despite what his opinion was. I think that actually makes a stronger case for him to be a mod, because he can do the will of the people without necessarily agreeing with it.

AlbinoClock

Quote from: F U Clock;1860754Well to me that just sounds like you don't like him, and he actually did his job as a mod, despite what his opinion was. I think that actually makes a stronger case for him to be a mod, because he can do the will of the people without necessarily agreeing with it.

Except that the issue wasn't banning Blob, it was whether or not Blob would be allowed to keep his name.

F U Clock

Quote from: AlbinoClock;1860755Except that the issue wasn't banning Blob, it was whether or not Blob would be allowed to keep his name.

Touche' good sir.

This is all very informative discourse for the voters to help with their decision.

miracle fruit

some more context
Quote from: RibsClockOh hush you know quite well I had already tagged that thread NSFW and that he was posting comparison images relevant to the thread
seriously are you kidding me right now

no, the thread was tagged NSFW after he posted the gay hentai picture.
second of all, why would you tag it NSFW in the first fucking place when you know i was trying to have a legitimate discussion about redefining the term NSFW

Quote from: RibsClockand you were spamming bukakke in every thread.

oh so if i were to only spam bukkake in one thread, that wouldve been ok? did you see tequilaclocks similar ban as well?

get out of brick wall mode
Quote from: RibsClock
Quote from: MiracleFruitClocksecond of all, why would you tag it NSFW in the first fucking place when you know i was trying to have a legitimate discussion about redefining the term NSFW
Already explained it.
No you didn't at all, but way to back out of that one. You know why you did it. An attempt at trolling, and to disrupt any civilized discourse we could have possibly had on redefining the term NSFW.

"No sir I couldnt have possibly known what wouldve hapen if I change teh title to NSFW No Sir!!!"

im not sure if you're playing dumb or just are dumb
Quote from: RibsClockYes that's quite enough of that. I'm getting a little tired of this so this is me telling you to stop. Constant hostility everywhere else is one thing but I'm not going to waste time and energy responding to loads of flame PMs, and I'm within my rights to tell you to cut it out.
wahhhhhhh stop it

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.