News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Changes to Rule 6

Farted by AbsintheClock, October 01, 2011, 04:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbsintheClock

"6. Do Not Steal From Other Clocks

Do not steal people's names

If you are caught pretending to be someone you are not, you will be banned.

An exception can be made on your behalf IF AND ONLY IF (1) No objections to your claiming the name have been made over a period no shorter than 9 months following your first claim to the name on the Clock Crew forums AND (2) You've made regular claim to it during the entire span of time between claiming it and the present AND (3) You've contributed in some memorable way to the community, preferably Flash animation AND (4) The previous owner had not contributed any Flash that passed judgement on Newgrounds.com or played a significant role in any crew-related events AND (5) Your claim to the name is sincere and unique. If you feel your case meets ALL of these qualifications, contact an administrator and request that they put it to a community vote. If you pass with a simple majority, the name will be passed on to you. Exceptions are extraordinarily rare. It is highly recommended that you instead simply invent a unique name and lay claim to it.

Submitting any unoriginal material including, but not limited to flash, collaborative efforts, and unreleased material on newgrounds or any other site as your own will be considered stealing. If a user wishes to use somebody else's material they must seek permission from the clock who created it, or retrieve it from the library. Anything uploaded to the library is covered as fair use among other clocks, and does not require crediting. Movies done for the purpose of parody are protected from this rule. All classic clock FLA's dating 2003 and before are also fair use among clocks. Anyone caught stealing flash from another clock will be subject to a permaban."

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

I don't like the voting thing. I think there should just be a mini vote that just includes the staff.
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: BrainSlugClock;1861682I don't like the voting thing. I think there should just be a mini vote that just includes the staff.

no one cares what you think, you stole someones name

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

not according to these rules
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

AnkhClock

Yeah I like these changes. I think the parody rule lets people make fun of people without stifling creativity, while the prohibition against claiming shit as your own unironically lets us kick out shitheads.

pop-tart

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1861681"

Submitting any material including, but not limited to flash, collaborative efforts, and unreleased material on newgrounds or any other site as your own will be considered stealing. "

Not to be nit picky.. but you are referring to any material that you yourself did not author and own... maybe incorporate that into the sentence?

AbsintheClock

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1861719Not to be nit picky.. but you are referring to any material that you yourself did not author and own... maybe incorporate that into the sentence?

No because then we'd have to ban everyone for using music, shit from google images, and other sources.

Also next person that brings up anything about name changing on either side gets a ban. Blob changed it, he's not changing it back. Don't bring it up, it happened and it's done. And Brainslug if you especially bring it up again only to get attacked I will skullfuck you so hard the back of your head will look like a knotted gourd.

pop-tart

Didn't Blob change his name? When do we drop a subject and move on?

As for 'knowingly stealing it' he's a damn kid who regisitered the NG name a couple weeks into his clock membership. He isn't malicious.. just didn't know any better. He's more active then most the dinks making these arguments... and I think that merits giving the lil snot some slack.

pop-tart

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1861740No because then we'd have to ban everyone for using music, shit from google images, and other sources.

Also next person that brings up anything about name changing on either side gets a ban. Blob changed it, he's not changing it back. Don't bring it up, it happened and it's done.

Well, you saying ANY MATERIAL means ANY MATERIAL and therefore you can't even submit your own work because that falls under ANY.

Also, butts.

AbsintheClock

Fine. Any unoriginal material. Or do you need a skull fucking too?

pop-tart

I would like to be snuggled first. But skull fucking sounds hawt.