News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

What British things should I watch?

Farted by AlbinoClock, October 18, 2011, 07:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WrenchClock

Quote from: YoYoClock;1869075Even though he's quite unbearable now, Peter Kays Phoenix Nights was very good

I miss when Peter Kay was good, he was the first comedian I found funny.

GreyClock

While we're somewhat on the subject did anyone watch QI last week? With the ventriloquist? That was kinda awkward.

PirateClock

Quote from: GreyClock;1869153While we're somewhat on the subject did anyone watch QI last week? With the ventriloquist? That was kinda awkward.

Yeah she wasn't funny at all.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

YoYoClock

Quote from: GreyClock;1869153While we're somewhat on the subject did anyone watch QI last week? With the ventriloquist? That was kinda awkward.

Upon reading this post I watched the first ten minutes and then had to turn it off. Even Bailey and Lock humouring that weird dummy couldn't make it any less agonizing

by Thor + Satellite

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1905428I think yoyo is the best one.

GreyClock

Quote from: PirateClock;1869155Yeah she wasn't funny at all.
I was waiting all show for Sean Lock to tear into her but he never did.

Also Fry's Planet Word is quite interesting HNFGGGGJFFFFF GNFNNGNNGHG HHNG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fry%27s_Planet_Word

Munglai

I love Nathan Barley but the satire might not make a lot of sense outside of the UK. Either way the comedy is fantastic. I also highly recommend Help, although it's extremely hard to find anywhere because one of the main actors was accused of being a paedophile before they got a chance to release the DVD.

I saw a couple of bits of her standup from a while ago and they were actually pretty good but I really couldn't watch her on QI for more than about a minute.

Munglai

Oh also any of Charlie Brooker's stuff - Screenwipe, Newswipe, Gameswipe, and any of Armando Ianucci's stuff - The Thick of It, Alan Partridge, The Armando Ianucci Shows, Time Trumpet.

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

Mighty Boosh is my favorite show ever, hands down. Why did they ever stop :(
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

PowerGloveClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERINYOBUTT;1837615I think Kodiak is the only person on  this entire website who dislikes Slurpee. I still dont understand how  thats possible. He\'s so loveable and funny. Every guy wants to be his  friend and every girl wants to date him. Understandably Slurpee is not a  very happy person.

buttplug

Quote from: Slurpee;1869122Look Around You?

this one is excellent

PowerGloveClock

Quote from: RibsClock;1869242Was about to say this. Slurpee got me into Stephen Fry.

i watched the whole series in like a week because i was bored and i was really into House back then. i'm trudging through QI at the moment
Quote from: FLOUNDERINYOBUTT;1837615I think Kodiak is the only person on  this entire website who dislikes Slurpee. I still dont understand how  thats possible. He\'s so loveable and funny. Every guy wants to be his  friend and every girl wants to date him. Understandably Slurpee is not a  very happy person.

AlbinoClock

I loved Gran!

Also, legally purchasing Lie to MeWould I Lie to You? at half past midnight from the corner obscure foreign television shop.

And yeah, A Bit of Fry and Laurie was great.

zl

LandlineClock

Quote from: BrainSlugClock;1869238Mighty Boosh is my favorite show ever, hands down. Why did they ever stop :(

Adult swim in the US Used to run a block called "The Brit Block" Which contained The Office, The Mighty Boosh, Look around you, and possibly more. I never really watched it that freqeuntly. But yeah you could probably find rereuns online. Or why they stopped.
this place is deader than ever

Munglai

Quote from: BrainSlugClock;1869238Mighty Boosh is my favorite show ever, hands down. Why did they ever stop :(

Because they ran out of ideas. Honestly the seasons just got worse and worse.

MonsterMunch

YoYoClock

Quote from: Munglai;1869520Because they ran out of ideas. Honestly the seasons just got worse and worse.

You're right that they got worse, but this makes it sound as if they got drastically worse. It was only the 3rd season that had quite a bit of bad material, and even then it had some good stuff as well. The 2nd was very good.

by Thor + Satellite

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1905428I think yoyo is the best one.

SockpuppetClock

I ctrl+f'd this thread for "The Trip" and found nothing

so now I get to say: watch "The Trip." watch it. Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon are the best.

WrenchClock

Quote from: MonsterMunch;1869539Ideal.

:this:

Never really caught much of Ideal, but what I saw of it was fucking weird which makes it instantly cool.

PirateClock

A new show is starting soon, called Life's Too Short with Warwick Davis, Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_