News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

No autoplays outside of the spam forum?

Farted by buttplug, October 23, 2011, 02:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No autoplays outside of the Spam Forum?

es
10 (100%)
o
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

AnkhClock

Quote from: clammo;1871092yeah i dont get why we needed a policy thread???

thanks vcr for being sane

It's less "No autoplays ever" and more "Please give us a heads up when you're going to post some autoplay." Remember, there was no [ap] tag on the Heineken thread when this thread was posted, that came later.

Sinister Clock

Quote from: clammo;1871099Can we all just collectively blame Clam Sinister Trianclam for every problem??
p. much this

VCRClock

Quote from: AnkhClock;1871151It's less "No autoplays ever" and more "Please give us a heads up when you're going to post some autoplay." Remember, there was no [ap] tag on the Heineken thread when this thread was posted, that came later.

I added that when I read this thread.

I guess there had been some people complaining earlier, so I was probably kind of slow about it. I'll try to do that stuff ahead of time in the future. If anyone ever catches an untagged autoplay and it's taking forever to get tagged, PMing an online mod would probably work.

Not that this thread was a terrible idea; I think we've decided on a decent way to handle the situation. Now we won't need a new thread the next time somebody has the same idea.
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

AbsintheClock

Also for the record there was only ONE thread with AP on it, and you people act like Clam spammed every thread ever. Some of you need to grow a pair.

buttplug

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1871319Also for the record there was only ONE thread with AP on it, and you people act like Clam spammed every thread ever. Some of you need to grow a pair.

I'm trying to set a precedent for the future, not get clam banned.

Sinister Clock

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1871319Also for the record there was only ONE thread with AP on it, and you people act like Clam spammed every thread ever. Some of you need to grow a pair.

It doesn't make a difference really if every thread has autoplay or one does, still same level of annoying.

Also assume every one of my angry swear posts are because it's late or I'm drunk or someone irl has pissed me off or something.

AbsintheClock

Quote from: Buttplug;1871348I'm trying to set a precedent for the future, not get clam banned.

And thank goodness the majority doesn't agree with you. We've tried the no autoplay thing in years past, and it really doesn't work.

Quote from: Sinister Clock;1871361It doesn't make a difference really if every thread has autoplay or one does, still same level of annoying.

Also assume every one of my angry swear posts are because it's late or I'm drunk or someone irl has pissed me off or something.

So it's ok for you to be annoying because you're a drunk with a temper, but if somebody posts AP we'd better go crack some fucking skulls!

buttplug

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1871430And thank goodness the majority doesn't agree with you. We've tried the no autoplay thing in years past, and it really doesn't work.

So when do initiatives get closed? Is the staff going to outline something about how you will treat autoplays, or will it be totally thrown out since the majority voted no?

AbsintheClock

Votes go on for 2 weeks. If it doesn't reach a majority, we do nothing. So far the only initiative that has passed was making one super admin a permanent position.

Sinister Clock

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1871430And thank goodness the majority doesn't agree with you. We've tried the no autoplay thing in years past, and it really doesn't work.

So it's ok for you to be annoying because you're a drunk with a temper, but if somebody posts AP we'd better go crack some fucking skulls!

My point still stands. APs are fucking annoying and dumb. I was just apologizing for using many swear words.

Marlin Clock

I've never really found it much a detriment to just turn down my speakers and find the offender. However I seem to use the most archaic version of forum browsing ever, I just tab forums from the index and then enter threads from there.

It does get really annoying with the million ap situations but it only is detrimental when it almost crashes your browser like some pages in the CCBT do.

Asshatclock

ironically this thread smells like dick.

AbsintheClock

Quote from: Sinister Clock;1871523My point still stands. APs are fucking annoying and dumb. I was just apologizing for using many swear words.

You should also apologize for repeating Clam's AP while simultaneously complaining about it. I believe that goes under the category of "shit stirring." Speaking of which have you done anything productive with your time lately besides just complain?