News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Adding Rule #10

Farted by AbsintheClock, October 25, 2011, 07:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbsintheClock

10. Do not abuse the system

Do not minimod: if you see a rule being broken, don't post about it, instead report it to the specific forum's moderator or to a super moderator. If you feel they have mismanaged dealing with that rule, speak to an Administrator. If you feel that a staff member is consistently neglectful of the rules, don't harass them or attack them in the forums: notify an administrator and, if you feel they are unfit, vote against them.
Don't try and smartass your way around rules: the staff are not bound to your interpretation or wrangling of the rules. Don't break the rules to prove a point. If you really feel the spirit of a rule is being violated, contact an administrator or form an initiative to clarify the rule.

This will be effective immediately.

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

rules were meant to be broken
:cool:
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

AnkhClock

Welp, this should reign in some of the recent drama (in theory)

AbsintheClock

Quote from: MightyBooshClock;1871179rules were meant to be broken
:cool:

Your face was meant to be broken.

VuBawlsClock

There should be some sort of rule stating not to stretch whats illegal to the bare point of legality. (is there?)
Fuck anonfrog

AbsintheClock

Quote from: VuBawlsClock;1871202There should be some sort of rule stating not to stretch whats illegal to the bare point of legality. (is there?)

QuoteDon't try and smartass your way around rules: the staff are not bound to your interpretation or wrangling of the rules.

Yes.

VuBawlsClock

Oh ok, good, I though I read that right
Fuck anonfrog

pop-tart

Rules are composed, proposed and voted on by your elected leaders. So yes.

RenegadeClock

Quote from: RibsClock;1871244All rules are either voted in by the elected staff or submitted and voted on through initiatives per the charter.

Or they might just appear mysteriously when no one is looking.

miracle fruit

Quote from: RibsClock;1871244All rules are either voted in by the elected staff or submitted and voted on through initiatives per the charter.

why do you have 2 ways of doing the same thing?

im sure everyone would have preferred this going through initiatives first

Sinister Clock

Quote from: MiracleFruitClock;1871754why do you have 2 ways of doing the same thing?

im sure everyone would have preferred this going through initiatives first

To be fair, this rule is basically, "don't break the rules!"

DWARFINATORclock

why dont we get to vote if we want this rule or not

AbsintheClock

Because then there would be no point to electing forum leaders. If you don't like the rules people vote on, don't vote for the people who make/vote yes on them. I don't see this rule stopping anything except shit stirring anyhow. The less shit stirring we have, the more fun we can have. Simple logic.

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1871782Because then there would be no point to electing forum leaders. If you don't like the rules people vote on, don't vote for the people who make/vote yes on them. I don't see this rule stopping anything except shit stirring anyhow. The less shit stirring we have, the more fun we can have. Simple logic.

what if i didnt vote for the people who make the rules/vote on them but they still get in power

its easy to say "yeah dont vote for them if you dont like them" but if they are still elected even when i dont vote for them there is nothing i can do besides sit here and feel discontent while people say yeah its your own fault you voted them into power, even though i didnt.

edit: what im saying is im tired of people telling me not to vote for someone and acting like i voted for them in the first place

clockradioclock

Quote from: DWARFINATORclock;1871800what if i didnt vote for the people who make the rules/vote on them but they still get in power

its easy to say "yeah dont vote for them if you dont like them" but if they are still elected even when i dont vote for them there is nothing i can do besides sit here and feel discontent while people say yeah its your own fault you voted them into power, even though i didnt.

edit: what im saying is im tired of people telling me not to vote for someone and acting like i voted for them in the first place

Oh my god, shut up. You at least have a chance to vote for people with this system, which is leagues ahead of what you could do with the other one (i.e. nothing). Who cares if you couldn't get your main choices in. The system isn't made to be perfect, it's just made to give people options.

Whether the staff is voted in by users or not, regardless of system, they have the ability to make rules. They're staff. The difference with this system is that, if you're unhappy with a staff-made rule, you can make an initiative to repeal it or to modify it. Come up with a good reason, don't just oppose it because it's staff-made.

Breaking and circumventing rules, even if just to 'prove a point', is unproductive. Message a staff member about the broken rule and they'll fix it.

I don't know how long this will take to register, but the staff is on your side.
[SIGPIC]dance with me[/SIGPIC]

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: clockradioclock;1871801Oh my god, shut up.

you cant tell me what to do!!

patriotclock

To be honest this is a dumb rule. Rule 10: don't break rules!! Just seems stupid to me. I agree with the minimodding bit, but that's always been a rule. This rule effectively makes protest illegal. Lame

clockradioclock

Quote from: PatriotClock;1871806To be honest this is a dumb rule. Rule 10: don't break rules!! Just seems stupid to me. I agree with the minimodding bit, but that's always been a rule. This rule effectively makes protest illegal. Lame
:/

When has any administration been OK with breaking rules if only for the sake of protest? That doesn't make sense.
[SIGPIC]dance with me[/SIGPIC]

patriotclock

Quote from: clockradioclock;1871812:/

When has any administration been OK with breaking rules if only for the sake of protest? That doesn't make sense.

It says not to abuse rules so now things that aren't against the rules are now effectively against the rules.

YoYoClock

actually it's saying that things that are technically not against the rules but relate in some way to a rules are now against the rules. Which could be a bunch of things.

by Thor + Satellite

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1905428I think yoyo is the best one.