News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Adding Rule #10

Farted by AbsintheClock, October 25, 2011, 07:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clockradioclock

Actually, it's saying nothing more than this:
Quote from: AbsintheClock;187117810. Do not abuse the system

Do not minimod: if you see a rule being broken, don't post about it, instead report it to the specific forum's moderator or to a super moderator. If you feel they have mismanaged dealing with that rule, speak to an Administrator. If you feel that a staff member is consistently neglectful of the rules, don't harass them or attack them in the forums: notify an administrator and, if you feel they are unfit, vote against them.
Don't try and smartass your way around rules: the staff are not bound to your interpretation or wrangling of the rules. Don't break the rules to prove a point. If you really feel the spirit of a rule is being violated, contact an administrator or form an initiative to clarify the rule.

Rule 10 is probably the most literal and clear rule we have, I have no idea how you guys can possibly be screwing this shit up. The rule is "don't break rules". That's it.

The rule refers specifically to:
  • the blobclock fiasco where every smartass and their grandmother decided to break a single rule by making threads about taking a username already in use,
  • the posting of links to torrents and torrent sites when it was stated to be against site rules (even though there is nothing illegal irl about torrent sites in general),
all just because they wanted to 'prove a point'. There are smarter ways to protest a rule. You don't have to break it to prove a point. Argue against it and make your point clear.

Rule 10 does not give mods more banning liberty, it only gives them the support they need to ban the tactless. We shouldn't actually need a goddamn rule that says it's illegal to break the rules, but we have one because some people have daddy issues and a severe fear of castration--never even mind the inherent urge to bang mommy.
[SIGPIC]dance with me[/SIGPIC]

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: clockradioclock;1871818Actually, it's saying nothing more than this:

Rule 10 is probably the most literal and clear rule we have, I have no idea how you guys can possibly be screwing this shit up. The rule is "don't break rules". That's it.

The rule refers specifically to:
  • the blobclock fiasco where every smartass and their grandmother decided to break a single rule by making threads about taking a username already in use,
  • the posting of links to torrents and torrent sites when it was stated to be against site rules (even though there is nothing illegal irl about torrent sites in general),
all just because they wanted to 'prove a point'. There are smarter ways to protest a rule. You don't have to break it to prove a point. Argue against and make your point clear.

Rule 10 does not give mods more banning liberty, it only gives them the support they need to ban the tactless. We shouldn't actually need a goddamn rule that says it's illegal to break the rules, but we have one because some people have daddy issues and a severe fear of castration--never even mind the inherent urge to bang mommy.

Oh my god, shut up.

clockradioclock

Quote from: DWARFINATORclock;1871819Oh my god, shut up.
you cant tell me what to do!!

Sinister Clock

I am very confused and very much on the fence now.

Topcatyo

Basically the rule is this:

Don't break the rules.

Don't make parody threads breaking the rule.

Don't make a protest thread breaking the rules to prove a point.

Don't try to get around breaking a rule by being a smartass, IE "I didn't post a torrent! I posted a link to a torrent!"

If you don't like a rule, tell us or make an initiative.  We will do our best to rectify things.

miracle fruit

Quote from: Sinister Clock;1871760To be fair, this rule is basically, "don't break the rules!"

no actually this rule is basically "heres some proof we can bypass initiatives and make up rules on the fly ps. fuck you common people"

Slurpee

Quote from: MiracleFruitClock;1871868no actually this rule is basically "heres some proof we can bypass initiatives and make up rules on the fly ps. fuck you common people"

the initiatives forum isn't for the staff it's for you guys :/
it's always been for you guys nothing has changed

how is this any different than when we changed rule 6 less than a month ago?

miracle fruit

Quote from: Slurpee;1871870how is this any different than when we changed rule 6 less than a month ago?

i recall everybody discussing the changes to rule 6 at great length before anything was changed out of the blue

Quote from: Slurpee;1871870the initiatives forum isn't for the staff it's for you guys :/
it's always been for you guys nothing has changed

ok what about having a poll in the policy forum then?

what im trying to say is if the users cannot vote for the ratifications to the charter then there is something seriously wrong with this so-called democracy

AbsintheClock

The rules on rule six were discussed at great length, but not by the regular users. That was all done in the grid. Also if you don't want us to keep adding rules you should consider not giving us a reason to create them in the first place.

As for you Jeff, you've had since the 19th to voice your opinion on this. The fact that you speak up now doesn't reflect very well on you at all. The reason we have a grid is so we can talk ideas out before they become public. Not so we can fling poo at our teammates in public after the fact.

As for rule interpretations, they're not bound to just what one smod or admin thinks. If there is a valid argument to something then people have the right to express it to myself, Slurps, or ZL. And because it's our duty to please that booty, we will talk it out in the grid like adults. What you're assuming right now is "This is just so Ribs can fuck us all." We wouldn't have had to make this rule at all if you didn't spend the first two months of this administration's time busting balls just because the clock crew doesn't agree with your interpretation of how things should be.

Don't like it, vote for somebody else. If that didn't work, and you still really don't like it? Walk out. The last thing we need to deal with is more hyperpartisan baby talk over trivial issues, or petty attempts at sticking it to the man because we didn't ban Japanese cartoon titties in the spam forum.

miracle fruit

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1871878The rules on rule six were discussed at great length, but not by the regular users. That was all done in the grid.

no it wasnt because then i wouldnt remember it now would i

AbsintheClock

How should I know? You make crap up all the time. Either way there's a whole thread in the grid talking about rule six, and it had little to nothing to do with the debate points of the regular users.

miracle fruit

itt babsinthe still mad i won't apologize to him

clockradioclock

itt miraclefruit being more unreasonable and illogical than anyone ever.

miracle fruit

Quote from: clockradioclock;1871891itt miraclefruit being more unreasonable and illogical than anyone ever.

how am i being illogical/unreasonable when babsinthe is coming at me with stuff like "im assuming that you are assuming this is all ribs fault" and "i dont know the answer sooo uhhhhh you make shit up all the time"

ok then

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: MiracleFruitClock;1871890itt babsinthe still mad i won't apologize to him

itt miraclefruit is still mad he's not in the blast chat

AbsintheClock

Quote from: MiracleFruitClock;1871890itt babsinthe still mad i won't apologize to him

itt miraclefruit doesn't get his way so he needs to resort to trolling. By the way, I told you to apologize not because I want an apology, but because I know you won't do it. It's a good way of keeping you off the blast. Now if you want to keep on topic please do, otherwise go eat a sack of baby dicks.

Slurpee

Quote from: MiracleFruitClock;1871872i recall everybody discussing the changes to rule 6 at great length before anything was changed out of the blue

ok what about having a poll in the policy forum then?

what im trying to say is if the users cannot vote for the ratifications to the charter then there is something seriously wrong with this so-called democracy

the rules aren't part of the charter. changes to the charter are ratified during elections every 6 months. the rest of the time, the staff acts in part as a legislative body. the rules are currently the same ad hoc ones that we came up with a few months ago and have been refining ever since. the staff is bound by these rules; refining them is part of our responsibility. discussions are held and elected officials vote on them. the votes are available for public viewing, so if somebody's being a shithead you can know that and vote them out.

this isn't a direct democracy. we don't have public votes on every policy change because it's really really hard to make people give a shit about this stuff unless it's inconveniencing them, and that makes public votes easier to rig or even for people to just vote while not giving a shit and skewing the results- you elect us to give a shit on your behalf.

it's not a perfect system; I've said that since before you guys dragged me into it. we're trying to refine it as best we can.

if you think the elected officials acting as a legislative body is a problem, you could always create an initiative to make every change a matter of full public vote
which if it has enough interest would then become part of the next election because that's the way the system works

AnkhClock

This thread has taught me that Canadians and Dutch don't understand representative democracy.

RenegadeClock

New rule effective immediately: Stop being a bunch of faggots.

AbsintheClock

Quote from: RenegadeClock;1871923New rule effective immediately: Stop being a bunch of horse thiefs.

How am I supposed to resist those washboard abs?