News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Charter Revision VIII Regarding Elections

Farted by AbsintheClock, October 29, 2011, 07:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbsintheClock

Charter is changed from

QuoteVIII. Elections - Initiatives.

Initiatives may be submitted to the Election Coordinator to appear on the ballot. To be added, the initiative must been openly proposed and discussed in the Initiatives sub-forum of the Policy forum using the polling feature, with over 55% approval and at least 20 voters, and been open for polling for more than 2 weeks. If there are a large number of initiatives mid-year, a special election may be called for.

Initiatives may modify the ClockCrew charter and/or clockification policy, including the removal of any staff position.
To
QuoteVIII. Elections - Initiatives.

Initiatives may be submitted to the initiative forum. To be added, the initiative must be discussed in the Initiatives sub-forum of the Policy forum using the polling feature, with over 55% approval and at least 20 voters, and been open for anonymous polling for exactly 14 days.

Initiatives may modify the ClockCrew charter and/or clockification policy, including the removal of any staff position.

This applies retroactively since we've been doing it this way anyhow.

buttplug

I personally think 2 weeks is kind of long. I think 9 or 10 days might be better,or even just a week.

AbsintheClock

buttplug

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1872176What's another 4 or 5 days?

Well if there are people squabbling over it it might be a good idea to close it sooner, as the votes really seem to peter off after the 3rd or4th day.

AbsintheClock

Yeah they do, but if we shortened it there would be somebody who complains "I didn't get enough time to vote." And believe me, there's always somebody twiddling their thumbs til the last minute. Besides if something is important, the staff can usually rush it out after a day or two. Either way it's already passed, and we've got more important stuff to overhaul now. Got to keep moving you know?

buttplug

Topcatyo

miracle fruit

Quote from: Slurpee;1871898
Quote from: MiracleFruitClock;1871872what im trying to say is if the users cannot vote for the ratifications to the charter then there is something seriously wrong with this so-called democracy

the rules aren't part of the charter. changes to the charter are ratified during elections every 6 months. the rest of the time, the staff acts in part as a legislative body. the rules are currently the same ad hoc ones that we came up with a few months ago and have been refining ever since. the staff is bound by these rules; refining them is part of our responsibility.

woops