News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

The Butt Pat in Sports

Farted by AbsintheClock, November 03, 2011, 12:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbsintheClock

It's in just about every sport:

Now I've been guilty of doing it myself after somebody on my team gets a good goal. I haven't got a clue where it started, why it's ok, and how it isn't socially awkward between guys. You're probably wondering why I even brought it up in the first place. Well an Iranian soccer team has come under serious fire after two of it's players were found guilty of doing the butt pat. Although if you ask me, one of the pats was more of a gooch grab than anything else. I wish I could find the footage on youtube. While I think they were a little overzealous with how far they were getting up into each others business I don't think it merited indefinite suspension, and a $40,000 fine. Especially when you also had guys kissing each other on the field too. Heres the article about it. I'll let you come to your own conclusions.

This is also one of the butt grabs in question. Note the scoop.

So the first question is pretty simple. Anyone know where the hell this pastime came from, or why it still survives? Have any of you been guilty of giving a firm pat on the glutes? Have you ever been on the receiving end of it, and if so how did it make you feel? And finally, how is this not just a little bit gay?

Marlin Clock

I've never done it. I guess I havn't played a huge amount of sports in a competitive fashion, but I always found the idea of it weird too.

Clocktopus

I think it's weird. I've had it done to me and I just thought to myself wtf.

patriotclock

I've done it and had it done to me. It is what it is

AbsintheClock

Like I said I've never been bothered by it, and never thought "oh that guy is gay for touching my butt." I just wish I understood where the hell it came from.

buttplug

Just speculating here, but I think it may be an acknowledgment of his prowess in sports and therefore acknowledging he is likely a good mate for a woman. You know like a "yes our clan is strong lets go hunt while the women gather berries and rear our children" kind of thing.

Yeah I read more books than I play sports

TelephoneClock

I play sports SPECIFICALLY for this to happen to me

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I guess ancient greek platonic bromance isnt dead.

PowerGloveClock

i do it outside of sports and have it done to me outside of sports
Quote from: FLOUNDERINYOBUTT;1837615I think Kodiak is the only person on  this entire website who dislikes Slurpee. I still dont understand how  thats possible. He\'s so loveable and funny. Every guy wants to be his  friend and every girl wants to date him. Understandably Slurpee is not a  very happy person.

Slash

Quote from: PowerGloveClock;1876568i do it outside of sports and have it done to me outside of sports

No, in that case it's sexual harassment.

SockpuppetClock

I like to think that everyone's just being a bit ironically gay