News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Best Gif Quality in Flash

Farted by GinClock, November 16, 2005, 11:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GinClock

[size=24]Best Gif Quality in Flash[/size]

Intro

Hello Folks, I have decided to share with you all how to obtain the greatest animated gif quality from flash.

Here we go.

Step 1- Make the Animation

Get your animation ready. Make sure not to use any Movie Clips with self contained animation for it will be lost in the conversion to an animated gif.

If you plan to use this here at the LL, make the screen size 150 X 150 if you have a premium account or 100 X 100 if you have a regular account.
For the CC you will need 90 X 90.

Step 2- Publish Settings

Now that you have your animation you need to go to Publish Settings under File.

Now uncheck all of the boxes except for gif. This will not effect you if you usually preview your movies by the Test Movie feature. If you do use Publish to preview your movies, simply recheck the .swf box after this tutorial.

Now click the only remaining Gif tab at the top of the box. Now make sure you have all of these statistics...

Dimensions- Match Movie
Playback #1- Animated
Playback #2- Loop continuously
Options #1- Optimize
Options #2- Smooth
Transparent- Opaque (Will auto set to 128 colors most likely)
Dither- None
Palette Type- Adaptive
Max Colors- 99999

Step 3- Publish

Go to File then Publish.

There you have it. Good work

[size=20]Gin Clock .Fla[/size]
Quote from: Q Block
Quote from: SlurpeeAre you asking about the practical application of the word "nothing" or are you culturally illiterate?
I am the second.

EnvelopeClock

GinClock

Haha sorry for macroly expanding the borders. A special thanks to Absinthe for the screen shots and to Aubergine for teaching me how to do it.
Quote from: SlurpeeAre you asking about the practical application of the word "nothing" or are you culturally illiterate?
I am the second.

pyroclock

GinClock

Quote from: Finland ClockI love you.
Haha. Why thank you.
I am the second.

SamFisherKlawk

Very nice, very nice Indeed. Thanks man.

*EDIT*
I love loops like that, though I can't make em :(
[flash]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/slintas/bob-2.swf wmode=transparent width=300 height=272.4[/flash]

QuoteReviewed by: Voltor----              Overall Score: 3

The CC is crap. You will all be pwned. I have your StRaWbErRy ClOcK right here. He sucks my B.

catclock

I thought that this was common knowledge? Oh well thanks for showing newbs how to do it.

うんこ

CD Clock

CrustClock

That is brilliant. Really helpful, thanks!

DurianClock

I usually just export it as a bmp, and then open it all in adobe imageready and make it a .gif. Now this will save me a lot of time, thanks.

DietCherryVanilla

please sticky for great justice

GinClock

Quote from: DietCherryVanillaplease sticky for great justice
It is and has been for like two weeks.
I am the second.

RupeeClock

When I export, it seems to mess up any gradients or Flash 8 filters I put in, the image doesn't look right.

But at least it can export at correct frame rates.

GinClock

Quote from: RupeeClockWhen I export, it seems to mess up any gradients or Flash 8 filters I put in, the image doesn't look right.

But at least it can export at correct frame rates.
It's not amazingly advanced for a flash export, but it does it's best.
I am the second.

PirateClock

look at my avi, how sexy it is.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

TheChap

Thats really helpfull, and especally because I'm in the process of making an avy, thanks!

voidSkipper

so THATS why my gifs look so bad! thanks very much man!  :fifen:

Dog

Officer Cop, you cant ban me according to the rules!
Im allowed to use you\'re cop for anything since u signed up :)