News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Simpsons is getting censored because of Japan

Farted by DWARFINATORclock, March 29, 2011, 07:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DWARFINATORclock

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2011/03/28/europe_removes_nuclear_power_plant_the
QuoteThe Simpsons" has been edited for TV in Europe to remove sensitive storylines involving a disaster at a nuclear plant in light of the current crisis in Japan.

Officials in the Asian country have been struggling to contain radiation levels around a nuclear centre in Fukushima since the complex was damaged in the earthquake and tsunami which struck Japan on March 11.

TV producers at Germany's Pro7 channel reacted to the disaster by checking through new episodes of "The Simpsons" and removing "unsuitable" segments featuring trouble at character Mr. Burns' nuclear power plant.

Network executives in Austria and Switzerland have since taken Germany's lead and followed suit, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Even Dutch Comedy Central is going to censor jokes about nuclear shit. Comedy Central is disgracing The Netherlands that normally doesn't censor anything. So fuck Comedy Central, that's not how we roll here bitches.

Sombra

Yeah that's pretty shitty.

I don't know what most Euro censorship laws/customs are like but even if some of the jokes might be in bad taste, people should be able to make them.

MonsterMunch

They didn't show the episode where they go to new york for like five years after 9/11.

DigitalLemonClock

BAN EVERYBODY

PolyhedronClock

any type of censorship is a bad idea most of the time, and seeing them censor a story based around a nuclear accident is just down right lame.

DigitalLemonClock

i wonder how many people would've noticed like 3-4 episodes missing from rotation if they hadn't announced this
BAN EVERYBODY

BluezombieClock

That's not gonna help their fuckin problem. I hate hearing shit like this, I mean get over it you japanese fucks, your nuclear reactor blew up, big deal. Chernobyl got over it. No reason to sensor an awesome show and make your own life more miserable by not being able to enjoy it.
╔═════════════════ ೋáÆ'¦â˜Æ'áÆ'¦à³‹ ════════════════â•â€"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who donââ,¬â,,¢t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋáÆ'¦â˜Æ'áÆ'¦à³‹ ════════════════╝

☣ Motionmaker[/URL]

pop-tart

In unrelated news, Warner Bros has pulled Free Willy from the shelves until Japanese whalers affected by the devastating tsunami get their boats back.

buttplug

I guess I can see why they did it.
The problem is that they tend to go wayyyy overboard with stuff like this.

AmberArachnidClock

The Simpsons warns about the dangers of nuclear power plants for 20 years.

A nuclear accident actually happens and The Simpsons is censored.

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: ButtplugClock;1813764I guess I can see why they did it.
The problem is that they tend to go wayyyy overboard with stuff like this.

Ummmm they are censoring episodes that they made years ago, that is ridiculous.

LimewireClock

naw

Thor

i'm assuming this is an episode that was finished likely months before the earthquake. Simpsons have had many episodes before that featured trouble at the nuclear plant. Germany is just being a bunch of pussy ass censorship nazis as usual.  Really Germany censoring something shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody. i'm shocked that the Netherlands is jumping on the bannedwagon though.
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!
Quote from: polyhedronclockYou're a fucking clock, what else do you have?
To be fair, you don't have anything. Clocks are just machines that tick.

GOVG

No surprise. A lot of Simpsons episodes have been banned in some countries. Did you know that the episode where they go to Japan has been banned from there because Homer throws the emperor into a pile of sumo thongs?

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: Thor;1813792i'm assuming this is an episode that was finished likely months before the earthquake. Simpsons have had many episodes before that featured trouble at the nuclear plant. Germany is just being a bunch of pussy ass censorship nazis as usual.  Really Germany censoring something shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody. i'm shocked that the Netherlands is jumping on the bannedwagon though.

Yes they are censoring episodes that have been made months and YEARS before the earthquake. They are even going as far as editing the intro.

QuoteReacting to the real-life nuclear disaster unfolding in Japan, Pro7, the channel that airs The Simpsons in Germany, will be screening current and future episodes of the show and remove or replace any that feature a disaster at Mr. Burnsââ,¬â,,¢ nuclear power plant. Berlinââ,¬â,,¢s Tagesspiegel newspaper reports that networks in Austria and Switzerland have followed suit.

Austriaââ,¬â,,¢s ORF has already pulled two episodes set to broadcast: Episode 66, Marge Gets a Job, which features scientists Marie Curie and Pierre Curie dying of radiation poisoning; and Episode 346, On a Clear Day I Canââ,¬â,,¢t See My Sister, in which characters joke about a nuclear meltdown. Tagesspeigel says ORF has held back eight Simpsons episodes until the end of April, when it will review its Springfield disaster policy.

So far, neither Pro7 nor Swiss network SF have pulled any Simpsons episodes but both channels say they are screening shows for ââ,¬Å"unsuitableââ,¬Â references to nuclear disaster.

clockradioclock

[SIGPIC]dance with me[/SIGPIC]

Slurpee

Thor

And yet we haven't broken ground on any new reactors since the 1970s here in America.
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!
Quote from: polyhedronclockYou're a fucking clock, what else do you have?
To be fair, you don't have anything. Clocks are just machines that tick.

buttplug

Quote from: Thor;1813807And yet we haven't broken ground on any new reactors since the 1970s here in America.

Whenever they propose to store the waste somewhere people (understandably) flip out if is near them.

AC Slater