News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClock

one day VCR is going to shove an iron plunger directly down my throat

Clocktopus

my phone is actually the only place that shows my avatar correctly

Clocktopus

also i would totally eat gay dad's butt flakes

they are fagtastic

PhantomCatClock

I have a $300 processor just sitting on my desk because it has like twenty super fixable bent pins

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

Slurpee

RobClock

Schmellements Clawk

I wish I saved all my old hardware.  PhantomCatClock, you deserve every penny you insightful bastard.

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

oh yeah it's just my main browser, though

nevermind

BinaryClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on February 07, 2020, 04:29:00 AM
I like that they put me right next to the sonic and yugioh hentai
home sweet home
BinaryClock, if you wanna play uno type !unohelp to see how to

VCRClock

I can't see the cropping problem you're talking about. Everything that looks like it's supposed to be 200x250 appears to be 200x250.

!RemindMe to use the rightmost 25 pixels of my avatar to make joke(s) at Rob's expense
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Slurpee

can't believe a gay man is a serious contender for president of the united stated for the first time and his fucking name is "pee butt"

I can't vote for no pee butt

RobClock

I HAVE PROOF!

It must have been something done when you put the sw0le forum icons up because i went on my desktop which had cached before that update
ctrl+F5

Slurpee

this is blowing my mind
https://www.boredpanda.com/not-everyone-having-internal-monologue/

it's clickbaity but basically it asserts that some people have an "inner monologue", where they can "hear" their own thoughts as a coherent string of words in their mind, and other people do not think in words, and only form sentences as they speak or write them, and most people are not aware that the other kind of thinking exists

it looks like the "no inner monologue" kind is more rare

what kind are you guys?

I definitely have an inner monologue but I have also felt that, as with speaking or writing, it's an imperfect process of coalescing intended meaning, and I frequently realize it's nor precisely what I meant and revise or correct myself as I go. it's kind of relentless tbh
I also remember reading that natively bilingual people, when asked which language they think in, usually say neither, and it's more like when they speak they take this kind of abstract form of pure meaning and "translate" it to whatever language they're speaking
it sounds fascinating, heck, I wish I had superpowers

makes me wonder if language is some kind of neural crutch that asserts itself as the dominant form of thought just because interpersonal communication is so important in every aspect of our society, especially for very young children

VCRClock

I imagine you won't be too surprised to hear that my inner monologue is text to speech
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.

RobClock

I'm pretty sure I think with an inner monologue.

At least I think so? Thoughts come in the form of my own voice playing within my head

PolyhedronClock

i absolutely think with an inner monologue. sometimes i'll watch something with a character i really like, and i will subconsciously replace it with their voice.

VCRClock

Quote from: RobClock on February 08, 2020, 07:52:36 AM
I HAVE PROOF!

a lot of little changes I'd made to the default forum theme here and there got reset because I performed something akin to a "fresh install" when trying to uninstall the misbehaving anti-bot software

one of them was probably increasing the size of the avatar area/decreasing the size of the post area. smf's default avatar size limit is less than the 200x250 to which we in the western world are accustomed, so the default theme expects smaller avatars

changed it back to approximately the way it probably was before