News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

Quote from: RobClock on August 26, 2022, 03:13:10 PMrutabaga and turnip are the same thing
what on earth

Slurpee

how many other things that I know are lies

RobClock

i have stumbled unto a google drive containing both seasons of Jellystone!

I watched the first episode and I kind of hate the artstyle, but the gags are pretty funny. It's weird hearing these characters voices sounding like someone doing an impression of the original VA- like every time Bugs Bunny gets a new VA its just a little jarring.

Anyways I wish my boy Yogi had gotten a show of his own, but then its also nice to see Huckleberry Hound, Snagglepuss, and the whole gang again.

VCRClock

you know, maybe I didn't watch enough Boomerang (cable television channel) at the right time, but I never got the feeling that Huckleberry Hound or Snagglepuss had personalities as clearly defined as that of Yogi or Quick Draw McGraw
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Slurpee

generally huck's thing is that he's folksy and unfazed, and snagglepuss's thing is that he's a huge homo

but really... huckleberry hound is andy griffith and snagglepuss is bert lahr lol

like how fred flintstone is jackie gleeson
and shaggy is bob denver but specifically dobie gillis-era bob denver, not gilligan

wally gator is ed wynn, mildew wolf is paul lynde, doggy daddy is jimmy durante, jabberjaw is curly
it's ridiculous what they got away with

yogi bear is art carney, apparently, I only know that one because of the simpsons

el kabong is obviously a parody of douglas fairbanks as zorro, but quickdraw is the only one I can think of who's not a parody of an old celebrity (as far as I know)

PhantomCatClock

I had a Ukranian beet beer

it was the worst thing I ever tasted, but it felt like something that would grow on you by the time you finish the whole ten ounces.

it did not, but it got less appalling at least

extremely bitter, and not like, teehee new coffee oopsy made it too strong, more like, ah shit this was baker's chocolate and it went straight to the back of my throat, bitter

whatever the profit went to something ukraine resistancey

PhantomCatClock

Slurpee

"bashful" should mean you love to bash stuff

PhantomCatClock

Slurpee

Slurpee

the average human being has one heart, two lungs, half a womb, half a prostate, one ovary, and one testicle

PhantomCatClock

back in my day we called that the mighty cyclops

RobClock

What has 265 arms, 100 eyes, and 6 teeth?

The front row of a Willie Nelson concert

Slurpee

just took a quiz in my networking class

there was a bonus points question after the regular quiz and he said as soon as we finished we could go

the question was,
in a previous question you calculated that the transfer efficiency due to overhead is 79.4% or whatever, and you as the ISP promised the customers 10.0 Gbps and provide them with it, but due to this efficiency rate they're only getting 7.94 Gbps, which could cause complaints if they're not seeing the transfer speed you promised
design a fast and efficient and blah blah blah method for providing customers with the transfer speed you promised. you may not alter the size of the network packets or compress the data

and I was immediately like

:confused:

is this as stupid as it looks?

10/7.94 = about 1.26
provide the customers with 12.6 Gbps, and with overhead it will come out to about 10 Gbps

I wrote it down in like a minute and zipped out the door

and I caught the early shuttle home :cool:

posting this to say, hey guys, I just did a quiz so fast I got to catch the early shuttle home :cool:

Slurpee

also if you know a lot about networking and that wasn't the right answer please do not make fun of me

PhantomCatClock

I took a (shamefully basic) programming class where I had to take the bus so I was always either 15 minutes early or 15 minutes late, because of the 30 minute thing and our bus drivers ate fake museum prop replicas of crayons

showed up for the Final fifteen minutes late, first person to leave, A+

i regret not ever speaking to that teacher again

Slurpee

you should be able to put that on a resume

PhantomCatClock

apparently (part of) maine was (briefly) part of acadia so really rob and i are neighbors, or should i say, neighbours

Slurpee

is maine scary? or are you gonna tell stephen king he's wrong?

Slurpee

I didn't know Arcadia was a real place

that's like if you told me where you live used to be part of Avalon

I'd have to look it up but I would be 90% sure it's fictional