News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

November 30th, 2012

that's how long I an extremely smart can be right and still have people trying to tell me some other shit: since that many ago

Clocktopus

finn will find someone, that isn't the point of the series, things seemed to be going good for him based on the montage at the end

Slurpee

do any of you guys listen to the mountain goats?

if so, say something about the mountain goats, please

PhantomCatClock

why not say "while so, say something about the mountain goats, please" for an infinite loop of mountain goats camaraderie

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on September 21, 2018, 01:05:39 AM
why not say "while so, say something about the mountain goats, please" for an infinite loop of mountain goats camaraderie

say something about the mountain goats, please

PhantomCatClock

i know only of the animal but i would probably like any band you throw at me

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I only ever really listened to Tallahassee Sunset Tree and Heretic Pride but I love those albums. I don't know if No Children is supposed to be funny or not but I just find it fuckin hilarious. I HOPE I CUT MYSELF SHAVING TOMORROW. I HOPE IT BLEEDS ALL DAY LONG. THEY SAY IT'S DARKEST BEFORE THE SUN RISES. WE'RE PRETTY SURE THEY'RE ALL WRONG. It's that kind of tongue in cheek everyday awfulness I like in a lot of Foetus tracks. Not that I don't appreciate his plain depressing shit, which is most of it really. I like how at the end of Sunset Tree after all that the only thing he can think about is a good memory about his jackass dad. subtle but real as hell. Reminded me of Berserk with Guts and his father figure. That's just how people work though. I'm not always in the mood for albums like that but I'm ALWAYS in the mood for No Children. That shit's timeless.

Slurpee

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on September 21, 2018, 05:40:42 AM
I only ever really listened to Tallahassee Sunset Tree and Heretic Pride but I love those albums. I don't know if No Children is supposed to be funny or not but I just find it fuckin hilarious. I HOPE I CUT MYSELF SHAVING TOMORROW. I HOPE IT BLEEDS ALL DAY LONG. THEY SAY IT'S DARKEST BEFORE THE SUN RISES. WE'RE PRETTY SURE THEY'RE ALL WRONG. It's that kind of tongue in cheek everyday awfulness I like in a lot of Foetus tracks. Not that I don't appreciate his plain depressing shit, which is most of it really. I like how at the end of Sunset Tree after all that the only thing he can think about is a good memory about his jackass dad. subtle but real as hell. Reminded me of Berserk with Guts and his father figure. That's just how people work though. I'm not always in the mood for albums like that but I'm ALWAYS in the mood for No Children. That shit's timeless.
thank you

that is a pretty good read of the mountain goats in general and yes No Children is the fuckin jam

Slash

Quote from: zl on September 19, 2018, 07:15:34 AM
Quote from: RobClock on September 17, 2018, 10:26:52 PM
I saved a cat from a fox today. More on this tomorrow because I’m about to pass out

where the hell is this story
Not much of a story, some post on some discord

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

since I'm pasting shit from disco anyway, https://bugs.python.org/issue34660

what a tasty development

Slurpee

I will bet you

one
hundred
trillion
dollars

that the internet does not get destroyed because sjw feminists force diversity on the linux community

PhantomCatClock

oh, is that what they're doing

PhantomCatClock

what people coming to homogang.com really want

[u2]C_4Qy-pxAtA[/u2]

Slurpee

Slurpee

KENNEDY KICK DANCE
[u2]ju_HW7ozM9I[/u2]

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on September 21, 2018, 11:07:15 PM
since I'm pasting shit from disco anyway, https://bugs.python.org/issue34660

what a tasty development

QuoteIt has come to my attention that CPython's source code contains problematic ableist/saneist terms and/or pejoratives

sanity check    144
silly           26
insane          13
crazy           13
stupid          6
lame            2
lunatic         1
ahahahahahahahaha oh wow

VCRClock

really, really not worried about the linux kernel

i mean it looks like a *chan agitator is just urging "banned" members of the community to take their football and go home, but the loophole is that if they're at all sane and not petty they'll just leave it as is, like say if they were a person that actually gave a shit about the linux kernel at any point
it's not as if linux people haven't been writing alternatives to other people's code forever anyway

nor is it as if there's some diversity secret police that always wins in the end

some diversity agitators are also really shitty / overly prescriptive about it. this lulz.com seems pretty biased and alarmist, tho. :furry2: yes, that one person's twitter bio is ridiculous in that it throws "hufflepuff" in with their title and their serious, complicated gender identity, but it's also deliberately quoted in a pejorative manner
at the same time my straightwhitecismale inclination is that I really don't need to know you're "nonbinary agender trans masculine" off the bat -- if I'm working with you, tell me if you're they/them, but none of the other shit matters until we're talking about issues specifically pertaining to one of those identities even if that is your career I guess, in which case I'm not going to have to check your twitter bio anyway
to be even more square, vanilla, and closed minded, I kind of think it's boring when some variation of "i'm part of this oppressed group" is practically the first thing out of people's mouths when they're introducing themselves. obviously that shit's important to you, but for the sake of having something else to talk about, do you have other hobbies?

finding a new term for "sanity check" seems like the biggest deal in that python bug report, and "silly" is hardly ableist, but it's just a find/replace lmao

this is a zero value post you're welcome
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

the only valuable post on the last page was flounder's reaction

rest of yall need church

PhantomCatClock