News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Its official :-) I will be employed by Activision-Blizzard as a Community Manager

Farted by CranberryClock, October 16, 2011, 02:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CranberryClock

A few years ago I was recruited after graduation to work for Blizzard Ent. I went to Blizzcon and met with a few of the programmers there and we talked about what I need to do, the resume' etc. At one point everything was spot on for my employment and involvement as a VB.Net programmer.

Sadly, they decided a small time before that they were going to change the way the servers backend was going to work. They wanted a larger scale project and asked if I knew Python (which I did not) and how familiar I was with OpenStack. My goal was to get on the World of Warcraft project, however they said they could still seat me in another part of the company as a VB.Net programmer. I respectfully declined the offer and decided to re-up on my military contract.

The website was redesigned from VB.Net (old armory) and introduced a new Openstack procedure using one loosely based on the one that is used by EvE. *Eve uses stackless if I am not mistaken*. They since incoperated the use of ErLang code for socket controllers. Being someone who works with Missiles, alot of the missile systems that Lockhead creates has ErLang guidance procedures, so I was a bit into how it worked. I contacted them to see if my original application was still valid and it was. After some Q&A an awesome phone call with a couple of the guys from the team I will be working as a Community Manager for the technical support section of the World of Warcraft video game starting Feb 2012.

I wanted to actually thank the ClockCrew for this as the ClockCrew had a large part of my life and I owe the reason I am where I am for them. Despite making craptastic movies, all the drama and well just the overall douchebaggery of 90% of the crew, we have come a long way as a family. I owe the countless hours before hand working with Pineapple, grapes and sadly even Knotts. I thank the people I know for challanges and even aspiring me to continue flash, which got me into doing visual work for some companies. Because of working on projects with Flash it opened many doors. None of this would have been possible without the ClockCrew.

So without further adue, I need a name for my forum set. I cannot use CranberryClock as it does not fit in the realm of 'mythical'.

Help me come up with some ideas.

Thanks,

Cran

VuBawlsClock

Fuck anonfrog

VuBawlsClock

Fuck anonfrog

miracle fruit

Quote from: CranberryClock;1868255So without further adue, I need a name for my forum set. I cannot use CranberryClock as it does not fit in the realm of 'mythical'.

does it have to?

if it does just go with cran

WrenchClock

SockpuppetClock

AnkhClock

Kombucha

SageClock

Should have said you did know Python and practiced it nonstop until you started, as Python's a great language to program in. It's one of my favorites at the moment.

Cran, do you have a LinkedIn? We should connect in case either of us can help each other get jobs in the future. And no, I'm not just saying this because I'd like to work on Call of Duty someday (although I kinda do). I like where I'm at right now, though. I do like the idea of working with a fellow Clock Coder though.

And to reflect the Blizzard of your new position, you could go by "Cranamana".

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

CranberryClock

I sure do have a linked in, however I rarely use it. I have not updated it in a while I will PM you it when I get back to my dorm room.

DigitalLemonClock

I'm happy for you, i hope you have good time

call yourself tempus fructuum
BAN EVERYBODY

RobClock

Asshatclock

TequilaClock

AlbinoClock

Does that mean you're gonna be a GM? Do you live in CA or TX? Can you port me to the GM lounge under Darnassus?

buttplug

LordCranberry
Quote from: AlbinoClock;1868320Does that mean you're gonna be a GM? Do you live in CA or TX? Can you port me to the GM lounge under Darnassus?

I think it just makes him someone who responds to people on behalf of Blizzard, and organizes WoW forum events and announcements.

If you meet Bash tell him to give me a Diablo 3 beta key.