News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

celebrity death thread

Farted by VCRClock, May 21, 2012, 12:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

Diabeetus claims another victim.

PhantomCatClock

[u2]1SCOaBXES7Y[/u2]

He had a heart, and a harmonica, of gold

Clocktopus

JambaClock

that talk about Brimley reminded me of a cracked article with this image

PhantomCatClock

pop-tart

We were in a Cracked article once, thanks to a meme I made.

Then I got banned for trolling the forum.

Then i found out a person i knew worked on the editorial team.

I asked her if she could attribute the meme to Renegade instead of <deleted> since I used his art.

She obliged.

That's the story.

Slurpee

this one hit me a lot harder than I would have thought

Chadwick Boseman, star of Black Panther, Marshall, Get On Up, 42, and Da 5 Bloods has privately been fighting colon cancer for the last 4 years. He died today at the age of 43

fuck.

Slurpee

fffff man I'm really bummed out
can't file this one away easy

it feels the last 3 years or so have been conditioning me not to put value on celebrities, right?
and I've been getting reeeeal cynical about movies "inspiring" people and corporations holding up their products as "representation" and "giving heroes to people who don't have them"

then reality hits you with a real one

dude bulked up to play a superhero twice while fighting cancer and didn't breathe a word
he was dying and spent his last years being the best version of himself that he could be
and he did inspire people
and he did give heroes to people who didn't have them
imagine that? a kid from oakland walking around believing in fairy tales

and, it feels trite to talk about his talent, but it's like when phillip seymour hoffman died and I suddenly realized, I haven't seen everything he was in, but everything I saw him in, he was excellent
but you're not thinking about it because he was still so young, it felt like he still had so much to give

43 years old. fuck
I hope he knew how much he meant

JambaClock

oh he sure will

just look at all the twitter posts 'bout how much 2020 SUCKS because he's dead

Slurpee

Quote from: JambaClock on August 29, 2020, 03:05:13 AM
oh he sure will

just look at all the twitter posts 'bout how much 2020 SUCKS because he's dead
he wouldn't have known about that, since it's happening in the present after he is already dead
he also will probably not know about it in the future, because generally when people die they then remain dead

but thank you for the update about what's happening on twitter

PhantomCatClock

in true Chad fashion that guy looked so good I just assumed he was a thirty year old athlete with no problems he hadn't already overcome

pop-tart

miracle fruit

Slurpee

PhantomCatClock

slurpee please post only relevant things to this spam topic. this is not the time nor the place to be showing off your ascii TIE fighter art

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Clocktopus

that's so tragic :(

he had so much left to do

it was super shocking because i didn't even know he was sick

JambaClock