News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on September 22, 2020, 04:33:30 PM
linux sure tries its best sometimes

ZOOM,
ENHANCE

the baconburger emoji is the most important one . I can't even function in the english language anymore without it, thirty distinct cat emojis, and this inclusive vegan salad phantomcat is not allowed to eat. take these away from me and I might as well be an illiterate gibbering man-ape. not even one of the great apes either, more like a gibbon or something.

PhantomCatClock

are My People not supposed to eat eggs

i eat four eggs a day, oops

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on September 22, 2020, 05:12:55 PM
are My People not supposed to eat eggs

i eat four eggs a day, oops
how could you disparage your ancestors like that

PhantomCatClock

for the high fat + high protein diet 💪😽

Slurpee

I'm missing something, are cats not allowed to eat eggs or are ghosts not allowed to eat lettuce?

Slurpee

those linux emojis are adorable btw

Slurpee

ten thousand programmers develop a free operating system to rival major corporations, but the only thing any of them can draw is a penguin

PhantomCatClock

Uh, excuse me

we also drew a arm

also my emojis are all over the place because the OS came with some then I installed most others off a big free FOSS one (most of the line drawings) then wanted the newer ones (unicorn, middle finger, etc) so I got google's art for those, and then rounded out the last patches with twitter's because i just like twitter's emoji art

it's a mess but it's my mess and i'd have it no other way

until i reinstall and then just do it right, next time

PhantomCatClock

also they work in the console but you'd better be willing to lean forward and squint

Slurpee

oh and a devil

who was the little chibi linux devil? I feel like I don't really see him anymore

I guess I don't really know much about... whatever linux is, the linux family, of, free or semi-free collaborative, software things, other than using it when instructed to by my teachers

I can type gpg --list-keys in the terminal, but if you put a gun to my head and asked me to tell you the difference between linux and gnu I guess I would ask for a closed casket funeral

PhantomCatClock

you're thinking BSD

PhantomCatClock

technically the operating systems should be called "GNU" but everyone uses and likes "linux" except Stallman, the creator of GNU. He wrote preachy articles about his it was HIS IDEA!!!!!!!!! HIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY STOLE HIS PLACE IN THE HISTORY BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he was a whiny bitchy asshole for decades and finally got removed from the GNU project thanks to being cancelled for something unrelated. good riddance linux is a better name number sign sorry not sorry

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on September 22, 2020, 05:39:30 PM
also they work in the console but you'd better be willing to lean forward and squint

why is the console version is at least three times more adorable

PhantomCatClock

I have a lot of my bots just log in emoji so I can open my log hub and scroll down and look for the line that is/isn't a big 🚫 and I can assure you the reason is that they want it to be worth it for us to pull our chairs forward and lean in like an old man. "Nnnnnnnyegh, what one is that? Good thing I use monospaced 12pt for everything"

Slurpee

oh I was going to say
idk why veganism seems to have become the global default for vegetarian diets? it's by far the most extreme version of it

they like can't even use regular soap or wear clothing made with certain dyes
they can't even eat regular avocados because of what farming avocados does to bees

pretty much anything and everything you consume has a global industrial process behind it that the people selling it don't really have to tell you about unless it'll kill you or make you fat, and vegans have to check all of it, not even for killing animals but like slightly agitating them
seems kind of intense!

especially when you consider, like... an awful lot of animals happen to die incidentally in grain harvesting machines, or, splattered on the windshield of a truck that we apparently don't give a shit about?
not that I'm playing the "hurr durr vegans are hypocrites" card but ovo-lacto vegetarianism seems to have all of the dietary and carbon footprint advantages of veganism without being, like, ridiculous

it's like how peta became the default animal rights organization, when they're not even actually an animal rights organization they're just insane people

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on September 22, 2020, 05:42:04 PM
you're thinking BSD
blue screen of death

see? I don't know SHIT.

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on September 22, 2020, 05:44:13 PM
technically the operating systems should be called "GNU" but everyone uses and likes "linux" except Stallman, the creator of GNU. He wrote preachy articles about his it was HIS IDEA!!!!!!!!! HIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY STOLE HIS PLACE IN THE HISTORY BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he was a whiny bitchy asshole for decades and finally got removed from the GNU project thanks to being cancelled for something unrelated. good riddance linux is a better name number sign sorry not sorry
the main thing I know about stallman is he is greasy looking

I had a hilarious photo of him with a zen-like look on his face and a subtitle that said "you possess the power to break the handcuffs", I will post it later if I can find it

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: Slurpee on September 22, 2020, 05:53:25 PM
oh I was going to say
idk why veganism seems to have become the global default for vegetarian diets? it's by far the most extreme version of it

they like can't even use regular soap or wear clothing made with certain dyes
they can't even eat regular avocados because of what farming avocados does to bees

pretty much anything and everything you consume has a global industrial process behind it that the people selling it don't really have to tell you about unless it'll kill you or make you fat, and vegans have to check all of it, not even for killing animals but like slightly agitating them
seems kind of intense!
Most people aren't aware and don't think about or consider any of that whatsoever, so since vegan means "no eating animal parts whatsoever" they think that's peak food morality. Or they just connect it to peta and hearing the word vegetarian makes them want to eat ten bags of jerky. I have no qualms against killing and eating animals if the death is instant and the livestock was treated well. It's significantly better than being hunted and torn apart by another predator,  or chased around for hours with an arrow in your gut till you get exhausted. But factory farms and veal and shit are fucked up. I think vegetarianism is fine if someone is doing it for health reasons or because they personally don't want to eat an animal, but I see no moral obligation to not eat meat at all. 

All that said,  and knowing there's no way to completely disconnect from shit that hurts people or animals or the environment, I'd still like to convert to only eating meat from animals that were treated well at least. Somehow giving livestock a better life makes the meat taste better too.  but if we all did that we'd be eating more expensive and less numerous cuts of meat. People would have to get used to not having meat in every meal, or even every day and I doubt most people could handle that.

Quote from: Slurpee on September 22, 2020, 05:57:46 PM
Quote from: PhantomCatClock on September 22, 2020, 05:44:13 PM

the main thing I know about stallman is he is greasy looking

I had a hilarious photo of him with a zen-like look on his face and a subtitle that said "you possess the power to break the handcuffs", I will post it later if I can find it
I'm just basing this off personal experience with people I've known, grown up with, or taken care of, and I don't think he's been diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure he has severe autism and spent most of his emotional development without much socializing. He's not gonna be great at social niceties like proper hair/face washing or polite coherent flowing conversation. They might wash but they don't all scrub. I'm no psychologist but there's certain patterns I can pick up on at this point. I don't know a whole lot about him but I can't really dislike the guy even if he can be annoying or obsessed with his work (there's no way he wouldn't be the latter though).

Also I don't have your picture but it made me think of this one it's my favorite:

pcat is right though linux is a better name and everyone knows it

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

And in news completely unrelated to bodybuilding self hating vegan catmojis or computing, an anonymous see-through patron of the perverted arts donated a monitor to complete my setup:

finally, I can make dumb flashes about converting handicap parking spaces into pungee pits and start system shock 2 again with a tech guy because fuck not being able to hack everything in the entire game. riiiiiiight after I give my eyes a day or two of rest from using a tv as a monitor for regular computer stuff and generally playing too many bright eye-burning games in the dark. speaking of which 3DS games have way too much detail in them to be restricted to 240p what the hell, I'm glad they emulate properly so far.

oh also thanks dr slurpee's doctor for advising me to give my eyes a short break every twenty minutes. I've been doing that for a few weeks and it helps. I forget if this was also them but I stare at something 6-12 feet away for a bit and that works well.

PhantomCatClock

i can very easily hate stallman after reading only a couple of articles from fsf.org and i agree with the abstract of everything he says in them

also now I do kind of wonder if it was intentional. *NIX has been the system naming scheme since after BSD (i guess technically before it but you know what I mean). like, GNU just stands for GNU's Not Unix—I refer to it as Knockoff Unix from time to time as a nod to this—but Linux is directly Linus + *NIX as a system. He fucking knew it'd take over as the system label

bless him what a good idea fuck you stallman