News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Still need something to do for Clockday?

Farted by cast, August 06, 2011, 12:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cast

Why not help out StrawberryClock!? :thumbs:

What we're looking for are simple (but good) sprite artists..

The game will be running at 30 frames per second and we're asking for you to animate the following key frames : An idle state in which the character is just slightly animated (IE: breathing) or be as creative as you please (Rips out eyeballs and juggles them). A walk cycle! - Attack actions (Some characters will just punch while we may want others to have a different method of attack, you'll see.) And finally they must react to hits, somewhat of a stun animation.
---
To sum it up: Keyframes needed : Idle, walk, attack, and damaged/struck
---
Here is Luis' contribution as an example!
---------------------------------
Ok now that we have all of the specifics outta the way, here are the characters we're still in need of :

Character - Attack Type
---------------------------------
Carrot Clock: Puncher < Taken by RibsClock
Kawaii Anime School girl: Puncher < Taken by  SatelliteClock
Mecha: Shoots Laser Beams < Taken by SatelliteClock

Larvitar (Pokemon): Charger < Taken by BlobClock DONE
iceclimber: puncher                             < DONE
excite bike guy: charger DONE
link: Shoots arrows DONE
Sambie (Xombie): Puncher DONE
Gloamy the Bat (Foamy): Flyer < ROB/THEICECUBECLOCK DONE
Zeebl (weebl): Exploder < Taken by BlobClock DONE
--------------------
And a brief description of the enemy 'classes'

Puncher: simply runs up to Strawberry and gives him a weak attack
Charger: winds up and runs fast to ram into you.
Flyer: can jump and then slams down on strawberry clock
Shooter: shoots a projectile from some distance away.
Exploder: explodes everything in a short radius, very weak.
-------------------

I think that basically wraps up what we're in need of - we've been working tirelessly for months getting most of the game together. This is a special opportunity to be a part of Clockcrew history as it's not only the 10th anniversary of NG's most beloved Crew, it's our beloved leaders final Clockday as he is retiring from the Portal after this event, yep Strawberries going bye bye sadly.. But his next project will possibly be bringing the Clockcrew to CONSOLES!

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and you will receive credit in game, and if you'd like even a co-author from SBC on the Newgrounds Portal!

If you're interested please state which sprite you would like to animate in this thread - the deadline for sprites will be Thursday August 11th 2011!

Thanks!

- cast

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1889[/ATTACH]

GreyClock

I'll try my hand at CarrotClock. Can I get a little weird with the design like some sort of bulky cyborg or mutant or whatever idea, I don't really want to go down the path of hop animations and floating hands.

How big is the StrawberryClock character?

AstronautClock

I planned this all out so I had exactly enough time for my own one. but I'll see if I can squeeze in a sprite.

RobClock

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

I'll try to please you.
I also call Larvitar.
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

Hey, is it okay to make Larvitar smaller than the example, seeing how he is kind of the same size as a pet?
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

BoltClock

Quote from: cast;1834750it's our beloved leaders final Clockday as he is retiring from the Portal after this event, yep Strawberries going bye bye sadly..

But he's still the king, right?
Latest Flash: Clockmas 2019
Latest Collab: Pass The Spam Drei
Upcoming Flash: BoltClock: Origins Part 3

RIP old siggy

pop-tart

Quote from: GreyClock;1834814How big is the StrawberryClock character?

I PMd you this info last week, slacker.

158.35 x 170.8

GreyClock

Quote from: Pop-Tart Clock;1834978I PMd you this info last week, slacker.

158.35 x 170.8
He he, okay I'll see if I can whip something up this time.

cast

Remember to call which sprites you're interested in doing please..

Also who made those sprite avatars? WE NEED THAT GUY. lol

AmberArachnidClock

Quote from: cast;1835131Remember to call which sprites you're interested in doing please..

Also who made those sprite avatars? WE NEED THAT GUY. lol

that's me, I'll take mecha and schoolgirl

cast

Quote from: SatelliteClock;1835132that's me, I'll take mecha and schoolgirl

Thanks. Schoolgirl may or may not be getting done by a NG artist.. But he hasn't contacted me so go for it. <3

Only six more left. YAY

cast

Quote from: GreyClock;1834814I'll try my hand at CarrotClock. Can I get a little weird with the design like some sort of bulky cyborg or mutant or whatever idea, I don't really want to go down the path of hop animations and floating hands.

Go for it.[/COLOR]

Quote from: FlounderladClock;1834952Hey, is it okay to make Larvitar smaller than the example, seeing how he is kind of the same size as a pet?

Yuppers.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/edc4113f2f7ce4561b62278c2ed61c5b
So, um, I'll probably fix up the charge part, but I think I'm pretty much done.
Is it good enough?
Also, should I PM you the fla.?

cast

Quote from: FlounderladClock;1835139http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/edc4113f2f7ce4561b62278c2ed61c5b
So, um, I'll probably fix up the charge part, but I think I'm pretty much done.
Is it good enough?
Also, should I PM you the fla.?

:fifen:

SBC loves it! He'd like you to do another batch if you're up to it!

Yeah, upload the FLA to dumping grounds and I'll pass it to SBC asap! Try to include your Clockname and NG name in the FLA just to keep everything a bit more organized on his end for proper credits. Thanks man!

Quote from: cast;1835147:fifen:

SBC loves it! He'd like you to do another batch if you're up to it!

Yeah, upload the FLA to dumping grounds and I'll pass it to SBC asap! Try to include your Clockname and NG name in the FLA just to keep everything a bit more organized on his end for proper credits. Thanks man!

woah. woah. WOAH. My heart stopped when I read that SBC even LIKES my work. AWESOME!
Anyways, I'll add all that stuff, and sure! I'll try Zeebl! Should I make him a different shape/color than Weeble or....

cast

Quote from: FlounderladClock;1835155woah. woah. WOAH. My heart stopped when I read that SBC even LIKES my work. AWESOME!
Anyways, I'll add all that stuff, and sure! I'll try Zeebl! Should I make him a different shape/color than Weeble or....

Sure. We'd like to keep artistic/creative freedom open - just make sure we can still tell who it's supposed to be in the end!

AmberArachnidClock

wait, so are these supposed to be sprites or vectors? And how big should they be?

cast

Quote from: SatelliteClock;1835258wait, so are these supposed to be sprites or vectors? And how big should they be?

Well.. both. I guess you could call them modern sprites, we'd like for them to be smooth and not pixelated like the classic games were. Size varies depending on characters I'd suppose. Those measurements noted for SBC are right - and the game dimensions are 800x450. Use your best judgment and don't worry about it too much, he'll scale everything to his tastes. :)

Here's a frame from SBC's idle cycle in the game. Also check out Luis and Blob's example if you're still curious about what we're expecting. We want you guys to have fun - don't kill yourself trying to make it perfect. hehe

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1890[/ATTACH]
Thanks!

Quote from: cast;1835273Well.. both. I guess you could call them modern sprites, we'd like for them to be smooth and not pixelated like the classic games were. Size varies depending on characters I'd suppose. Those measurements noted for SBC are right - and the game dimensions are 800x450. Use your best judgment and don't worry about it too much, he'll scale everything to his tastes. :)

Here's a frame from SBC's idle cycle in the game. Also check out Luis and Blob's example if you're still curious about what we're expecting. We want you guys to have fun - don't kill yourself trying to make it perfect. hehe

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1890[/ATTACH]
Thanks!
Is he knocking on the screen? I think he is!