News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

pls vote

Farted by RobClock, August 17, 2016, 07:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Permaban:

bb10
7 (87.5%)
rob
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

RobClock

If bb10 is going to be the legacy of the clock crew than i want no part in it. Ive been visiting these forums daily for 9 years now and his presence continues to not just sour my love of this place, but now of Newgrounds itself.

I was writing up a paragraphs long post about why I'm making this poll and how much I love you guys and all that shit but it would just come across as more self-righteous and pretentious than this most likely already does.

PhantomCatClock

Luwano said me, Pop, and BB10 were on the top of the banner because to people who don't actually come to these forums but just see the CC on NewGrounds, it looked like we were the most active people (this information was clearly gathered a while ago) but I feel like that says something about why all these nonclocks were putting BB10 in their videos.

Also, this thread probably would've held a lot more weight to it a few months ago, but even if the official answer is "walk it off fagit" and nobody gets banned, stick around :C

I feel like I've already read BB10's post in this thread. He's gonna make it anyway, though.

TropicanaClock

Im gonna vote for trump

NintendrCkolc

twist:  bb10 is trump

Luwano

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on August 17, 2016, 07:16:44 AM
Luwano said me, Pop, and BB10 were on the top of the banner because to people who don't actually come to these forums but just see the CC on NewGrounds, it looked like we were the most active people (this information was clearly gathered a while ago) but I feel like that says something about why all these nonclocks were putting BB10 in their videos.

Yeah PhantomCat's right this information was gathered around 2-3 years ago and I forgot to add RadioTubeClock seemed to be one of the most active back then too.

I really had no idea, putting one or the other clock character next to the newgrounds text had such a significance. Honestly, all I wanted to do when I drew last years' clock day drawings and the site skin, was to emphasize that the clock crew is more than a memory of SBC, Pineapple, Apple, Raspberry and Orange to those people who don't actively follow the clock crew today.

Placing BB10 next to the NG logo was not "Newgrounds" decision it was just mine and it was because he is among the most visibly active clocks (on NG) and frankly put, his avatar is very simple to draw. That's probably also a factor for many non-clocks to put him in their flashes.

Knowing that the mobile layout only showed the head part of the site skin, I wanted to have currently active clocks there, and not the same 5 fruit clocks I always drew before.

You may have noticed that I also drew you for the forum emotes and in my art submissions for last year's clock day and this year's clock day. Because you're obviously very active in the clock community. I hope that doesn't change because of how I drew the site skin.

RobClock

The problem isn't specifically the site skin, because nobody could blame you for attempting todesign it based around the most publically recognizable clock characters. The problem is that bb10 *is* the most publically visible clock character. His actions, manerisms, poor writing drawing and animating skills should NOT be permitted to continue to be identified with the clock crew. There is no punch line to bb10. None of it is a joke.

That's what I mean when I say "if bb10 is to be the legacy of the cc"

I have nothing but respect for you luwano, your art is fantastic and again I have to say I am totally unworthy of that emoticon.

PhantomCatClock

Just to reiterate: you are like the last person we want to scare off, Luwano. It was just an easy point to make.

miracle fruit

BoltClock

Quote from: RobClock on August 17, 2016, 10:47:55 PM
The problem isn't specifically the site skin, because nobody could blame you for attempting todesign it based around the most publically recognizable clock characters. The problem is that bb10 *is* the most publically visible clock character. His actions, manerisms, poor writing drawing and animating skills should NOT be permitted to continue to be identified with the clock crew. There is no punch line to bb10. None of it is a joke.

That's what I mean when I say "if bb10 is to be the legacy of the cc"

I have nothing but respect for you luwano, your art is fantastic and again I have to say I am totally unworthy of that emoticon.

If it makes you feel better we can all pretend that is actually BgryderClock with dark hair.

Also, say what you will about BB10, but he was the only one who took the time to leave a comment on my long-winded rant about skipping this Clock Day, and a rather well-meaning one at that. I know y'all are sick of him but that was one of the rare occasions where I found myself actually appreciating the fact that he comments. On. Everything.

just kidding phantomcat I read your pm I'll phone you if I need
Latest Flash: Clockmas 2019
Latest Collab: Pass The Spam Drei
Upcoming Flash: BoltClock: Origins Part 3

RIP old siggy

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

I like that, for all the devil's advocate we were playing, everybody made the choice that didn't require any defending

Maybe this will be validating enough that Merciful Rob will let us keep BB10 in the back yard or at the neighbor's house

RobClock

@patriot @pop-tart @vcr @renegade

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: RobClock on August 18, 2016, 09:32:28 AM
« Last Edit: Today at 07:39:22 AM by RobClock »
Are you saying those results were photoshopped?

Luwano

@PhantomCat: Don't worry I'm not that easy to scare away.

@Rob: From a newcomers and long time fan's perspective I think you're collcectively doing a good job considering the legacy of the CC. But I understand now what you meant by that and think I am not around for long, so I can't weigh in on the matter.

Quote from: ahehehehehehuh on August 18, 2016, 12:52:28 AM
i hate luwano

Me too. No wait...

d u m p y

Closed before I could vote for bb10

d u m p y

Why is everyone doing @username as if that was a feature that this website has or has had ever

d u m p y

The admin who closed the poll is logged in as "hidden" right now lol

Slurpee

it was a timed poll, dork

Slurpee

statement for the record that as a conscious decision I did not vote