News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on December 03, 2017, 05:45:04 AM
Hey Slurpee, make sure you spend more than $15 in the Archie humble bundle so you can read at least one real actual archie comic come on let's do this i'm not afraid of you

I just looked this up. Fuck me that’s depressing.

VCRClock

"reggie and me:" Archie comics but they're all about reggie being a fucking asshole to everyone he encounters
"archie's pal kevin keller:" the adventures of archie's new friend with autism
"afterlife with archie:" story picks up after that time archie dies. gets really philosophical and probes the nature of death and possible after lives, but archie still can't decide between betty and veronica
"archie volume 3:" archie's pal kevin keller takes over as main character. cheryl blossom shows up as a new student at school and is instantly killed off because she's a zero dimensional character and I don't think archie's allowed to be interested for more than five minutes. new main character kevin likes girls, but not as much as he likes sonic

if you don't buy your Double Digests at the supermarket checkout you're buying Archie comics wrong
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

VCRClock

sabrina the teenage witch, but melissa joan hart reprises her role as clarissa from clarissa explains it all, and ferguson is an evil warlock
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.

RobClock

Wasn’t Kevin the one dimensional gay guy they introduced like five years back that Archie took a bullet for or some shit

RobClock

Ps Betty is objectively best girl but I have a soft* spot for Cheryl because redheads are 👌🏻

*read: hard

RenegadeClock

Wtf? People your age actually read Archie comics?

RobClock

Quote from: RenegadeClock on December 03, 2017, 12:17:52 PM

Get off my lawn

But seriously Archie and Jughead double digests were my jam growing up, they were really the only comics you could get around here until the actual comic shops opened up in town and that wasn’t until like 5-ish years ago. I still really enjoy them.

VCRClock

Quote from: RenegadeClock on December 03, 2017, 12:17:52 PM
see, cheryl blossom has to be a redhead because if she weren't, she'd throw the blonde/brunette equilibrium out of balance. if she were blonde, she'd divert attention away from betty, allowing veronica to secure the advantage. if she were a brunette, literally her whole character is being famous iirc so we'd have two veronicas on our hands. this would be too much for archie's pea brain and he'd fall back upon the safety of betty (who, for god's sake, actually cares about you, archie.)

big ethel best girl, she's got taste

VCRClock

QuoteIn the early 1990s, Ethel gained a second love-interest in Jeffrey. Jeffrey was a blind teenager and a bit of a peacock but appreciated her company. At the time Jughead was involved with Anita, a paralyzed African American genius but still got jealous. Jeffrey and Anita were eventually written out and the storyline was dropped.
good shit

PhantomCatClock

My parents bought me Archies all the time but it was around the time I was 12 or so that I realized they had different digests for JUST Jughead comics and JUST funny comics, so I started getting those exclusively and now our supermarkets just don't carry them

RenegadeClock

Meh. I grew up on Mad Magazine and The Far Side. My only exposure to Archie was when they passed out free mini comics during the DARE program at school, which instantly made it dead to me.

PhantomCatClock

while Far Side is scientifically proven to be the best in funny comics, I wouldn't really call it in the same category as Archie. FS is like a newspaper exclusive thing (at least, was) whereas Archie is like the trade paperback of newspaper comics

okay maybe they are in direct competition and I've just never had them grouped like that in my mind

also I have the complete Spy vs Spy collection. if they make a complete collection of their fold-in pages I would have no need for the rest of the magazine (I did subscribe to a year of it during Amazon's deal for that sort of thing and I think I got a deal but I've also read Parent's old Mads and jesus the ones in stores right now do not even sort of compare)

Slurpee

we're gonna have to start killing rich people, I just don't see any other way

Slurpee

PhantomCatClock

slurpee, i thought i told you never to interrupt me when i'm RICH

RobClock

PhantomCatClock

in the classic archies, jughead knows he's in a comic book. that's the reason he never had a girlfriend. He knows they'll never get olderâ€"including never have any kidsâ€"and he knows real goals will never pay off. Sure, do your day to day, you don't want to change the story. It's a comfortable place, but the only gratification he can get with no long term changes on the table is the taste of food. He can't even get fat, but he can eat burgers and sundaes.

In modern archie the story is constantly changing and jughead's coping mechanism not only no longer works, but is no longer required, so he immediately dropped it, never letting on for a second that he knew or that he noticed the change when it happened, so as to not tip off the writers into killing him off

that was dumb
it's almost 8am good night

hey I was on the discord the other day. A brief review: the conversation was topical to ten years ago and about SJWs and how annoying they are, what silly ol' hilary clinton's gotten herself into, and getting like four hundred messages from a ku klux klan sympathizer.

all in all recommended, stop using irc and aim and get into the disco. real time shitposting with adults who also have nothing to live for is overrated

RobClock

A couple of months ago I had a few decent conversations on the discord now every time I go on it's dead or bb10 is online, dominating the chat with absolute nonsense, and redirects any attempt I make at general conversation into blatant aggressive jabs and 'YOU HATE ME FUCK YOU'

The magic of forums is that you don't require a bunch of people online and typing simultaneously

RobClock

I drew this for a co-worker's kid's birthday. Looking at it now, his nose is way too big and his head is disproportionately large. Really irking the shit out of me.

RenegadeClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on December 04, 2017, 04:34:01 AM
I've also read Parent's old Mads and jesus the ones in stores right now do not even sort of compare)

I was reading MAD around '87 - '94. Tried picking it up again a few years ago and it was not like the good old days.