News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClock

I was mid-shit, getting ready to have a shower this morning, and the lights went out. Called the power company and they're aiming for a restoration time of 10pm tonight. Our infrastructure has been a train wreck since that hurricane two (2) years ago, doubtlessly it was one of the trees they left hanging on a power line that the wind finally took down.

Wrote my whole day off, now.

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: VCRClock on December 20, 2023, 09:28:33 PM
Quote from: VCRClock on September 23, 2023, 08:55:01 PMaccidentally fucking middle clicked the new tab and it closed

can't believe i never thought to google this problem

did i find a solution? no, not anything less complicated than adding an abandoned browser extension

but i did find out that pencil neck nerds have been having a wikipedia-style bitchfest about it for years instead of adding a "don't close tabs on middle click" option (even a hidden one) to firefox

guess i'll just have to keep accidentally closing tabs for the rest of my life

years—seriously more than five years—of being semi-silently angry that firefox clears my clipboard every time I close it, it finally just stopped doing that with no announcement or anything. never give up hope

PhantomCatClock

i could not think of anything poignant to say after two days but I am glad you're still with us, slurps

i stopped wasting my good health and gave blood and learned i am a almost-universal donor, woo yay (it says I am but O+ seems less universal than O- know what i mean know what i mean)

VCRClock

in the paaage 5959
if man is still al9
if woman can surv9
they may find
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

k9

Quote from: Slurpee on December 18, 2023, 01:48:19 PMI'm in remission 🥹

i heard the good news on discord, fucking hell yea dog!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AAAAAAAAAA

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on December 21, 2023, 08:12:12 PMi could not think of anything poignant to say after two days but I am glad you're still with us, slurps
same
Quote from: k9 on December 23, 2023, 07:31:41 PMi heard the good news on discord, fucking hell yea dog!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AAAAAAAAAA
ty

Slurpee

no there won't, andy

Slurpee

although... sign me up if that's an option

RobClock

Merry Christmas, everyone! I love you all.

RobClock

I have this unrefined joke concept in my brain and I'm going to spew it out here rather than attempt to make a decent bit out of it.

Every super hero movie is an origin story. Specifically, every Batman movie has his origin story in it. Everyone loves Batman, and there's a new Batman movie every couple of years that inevitably has Bruce witness his parents death.

Every Christmas there's midnight mass, where we gather to watch a Nativity play. Jesus' origin story, told over and over and over again.

John Q Public isn't reading every new issue of Detective Comics, but knows it's out there still getting printed. Same as John Q isn't rolling up for mass every Sunday morning, the whole story still being told, week after week. But once a year, we all get together to rehear the origin story again.

RobClock

RobClock

VCRClock

Quote from: RobClock on December 25, 2023, 08:04:20 AMEvery super hero movie is an origin story. Specifically, every Batman movie has his origin story in it. Everyone loves Batman, and there's a new Batman movie every couple of years that inevitably has Bruce witness his parents death.

currently working on wrangling the rights to release a straight-to-DVD Batman movie where young Batman just keeps walking into different variations of his parents being killed

I was hoping A24 would pick it up but they said capes aren't really their thing
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.

VCRClock

(outside barnes & noble, 2005)

teen in car: (shouting) hey!
young Batman: (turns head)
teen in car: STREET TOUGH kills YOUR PARENTS!
young Batman: noooo! you bitch! you bitch!!
(teen shoots both of Batman's parents and drives off)

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

here's a card and a partially used five dollar mcdonalds gift card merry christmas

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

okay turns out I used the gift cards up already but here's a customary festive slurpeeclock with light up jewel encrusted monogrammed scarf.

Slurpee

beautiful

I wasn't going to wish everybody a merry christmas but I am now

merry christmas

k9

TelephoneClock

merry Christmas every clock

JooceClock

Even though I am two days late, I would like to say Merry Late Christmas!