News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Soup's Ghost Chilies

Farted by Soup Clock, February 07, 2012, 02:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soup Clock

I've mentioned a few times that I've planned on making a hot sauce using ghost chili peppers.  Therefore I decided it was best to make a thread track the growth of my chilies themselves.  As we can see here, it's been about 2-3 weeks since I planted the seeds and the plants themselves have begun to grow.

I'm currently growing them indoors as winters in Pennsylvania do not provide optimal climate for growing anything.  I do plan to move them out once the weather becomes more adjusted for proper growth.  Right now I'm using a pot, heat pad and a nice spot by the window and everything seems to be going well.

ass whore

patriotclock

Chalk Clock

Oh man, thats awesoem soup. Ive been growing those and habaneros for a few years. word to the wise, self watering pots are your friend.

Soup Clock

Well, I did kinda forget to keep an update.  Basically, these things have given me a ton of grief, and at points I almost lost every single plant, especially while making the transition from indoors to out.  Overall, though, I managed to save all 4 of the plants that sprouted and as of recently they all have begun to grow peppers.

This is the first ghost pepper of this years harvest.  I plucked it a tad bit early, but the curiosity and excitement of eating the thing was too overwhelming.

ass whore

Asshatclock

Let us know if it burned a hole in your stomach.

Soup Clock

This season is over.  I'm extremely disappointed, but all of my plants got blasted by illegal pesticides so I had to tear out my entire garden.  It's really depressing considering its one of the few things I was motivated to work on, but hey, there is always next year.  I only got about 15 peppers total over the course of it all.

And no, they didn't burn a hole in my stomach.  But I have a really nice hot sauce brewing right now from all that was left.  The first batch I have is bottled.  It has a sweet vinegary flavor with a mild heat, I only used 2 ghost peppers for it, the rest jalapenos and Hungarian hots.  The one brewing right now has 13 ghost peppers, hence why I'm calling it the "13 Ghosts Sauce."
ass whore

Kodiakclock

start your own hotsauce brand using that recipe
Quote from: YoYoClock;1903849
KodiakClock - Super Butt

WrenchClock

Quote from: Soup Clock;1914277Well, I did kinda forget to keep an update.  Basically, these things have given me a ton of grief, and at points I almost lost every single plant, especially while making the transition from indoors to out.  Overall, though, I managed to save all 4 of the plants that sprouted and as of recently they all have begun to grow peppers.

This is the first ghost pepper of this years harvest.  I plucked it a tad bit early, but the curiosity and excitement of eating the thing was too overwhelming.

Well I'm no expert on ghost chillies but I think you should put it in your urethra