News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Some rules for this forum.

Farted by Arctic, October 31, 2006, 05:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic

I was given permission to start a thread on rules for this forum.

For now they are as follows (until I can think of some more, or more are brought to my attention):

ANY side chatting within someone else's thread with other clocks will get you atleast a one day chill depending on your history and such.  People open themselves up by posting their art here, and to disrespect them and create a conversation like some  IM program within their thread is intolerable.

NO check out my avatar/signature threads. Go flood that shit over in the Pokemon arena for all I care.  If your avatar happens to be of something you made recently and you want to post the actual piece that is larger than 200x200, then that's fine.

IF you make a thread for some sketches you made and have drawn more sketches.  USE THE SAME DAMN TOPIC.  We don't have the luxury here to have a seperate forum for sketches/finished works/etc. because of the lack of art flow, so please don't clutter the place up with your shit work.  Save that for the things you actually spend time on.

POSTING in this board opens you up to criticism.  Please don't take comments made by others personally (unless it's clearly someone flaming you, in which case PM me and I'll handle it).  These comments tend to be made for YOUR benefit, so take them to heart.  None of you know everything there is to know about art, no matter how much it feels like you do.  You always have room for improvement.

I'LL draw you threads, or anything similar should be kept in the Pokemon Arena.  I may allow you one of these threads, which I'll kindly move to the Pokemon Arena, but anymore and you'll find the wrath of me.   There is nothing I hate more than I'll draw you threads, which is why i stay out of that damn forum.

SPEND  time on your art peices before posting them.  Please.  I can't stress this enough.  Most people don't care about your new style if you spent 5 minutes developing it.

That's all for now.  I'll start livening this forum up with contest and such, so stay tuned.

KinderEggClock

DON'T post something like a picture you have filtered or something, thats not art.

Arctic

Quote from: FloppyDiscClockI also hate it when people find it necessary to post there Brothersunclesauntcousin's work.

Eh.. it's not really a regular occurence.

Maltese

sensible rules, oh, and arctic, at least is two words, like a lot

Bong Clock

We should have an outline for what constitutes a critique or a sort of etiquette guide. That way when someone posts really shitty artwork and you give them advice cant just go whine to a mod and sat "oooh ooooh Bong didn't instantly like my picture that I spent a whole 20 minutes  on. He's trolling. oh woe is me"

just throwing that out there.

FluxCapacitorClock

Quote from: ArcticClockIf your avatar happens to be of something you made recently and you want to post the actual piece that is larger than 200x200, then that's fine.
I'm assuming the size part of the rule can be flexible depending on if it's actually a good piece of artwork?

_Random

NO check out my avatar/signature threads. Go flood that shit over in the Pokemon arena for all I care. If your avatar happens to be of something you made recently and you want to post the actual piece that is larger than 200x200, then that's fine.

OH SH-!

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: Grapeberry;783489NO check out my avatar/signature threads. Go flood that shit over in the Pokemon arena for all I care. If your avatar happens to be of something you made recently and you want to post the actual piece that is larger than 200x200, then that's fine.

OH SH-!

That's quite a bump you just did there.

DWARFINATORclock

I'm adding this obvious rule: don't be an asshole. Just because someone can't draw as well as you doesn't mean you have to belittle or mock him/her, we are here to learn.

BilliardBall10

obey strawberry clock. you cannot defeat strawberry clock.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

patriotclock

adiding the rule that every rule in this thread other than this one is the opposite of the actual rule. for example be an asshole, make fun of people who arent as good as you, ANYthing other than side chatting within someone else's thread with other clocks will get you atleast a one day chill, etc etc etc

BilliardBall10

Quote from: PatriotClock;1969180adiding the rule that every rule in this thread other than this one is the opposite of the actual rule. for example be an asshole, make fun of people who arent as good as you, ANYthing other than side chatting within someone else's thread with other clocks will get you atleast a one day chill, etc etc etc

this would be fun, but it would reduce our member numbers to -3.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.