News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Best High-Graphics Games of the Past Decade?

Farted by AlbinoClock, January 04, 2013, 07:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbinoClock

So now that I've finally got a machine that can run games that weren't made in the 90s and aren't MMOs, it's time to play a little catch-up. What games should I play? Right now I'm playing Skyrim, then I'm planning on checking out the Fallout series but I'm not quite sure where to go from there. Suggestions?

SpongeClock SquarePants

Just from the top of my mind :

Half Life 2 + episodes
Vampire the Masquarade : Bloodlines
Battlefield 3
GTA
Mafia
Max Payne
Medieval 2 : Total war
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (actually play this on ipad)
Mass Effect
Call of Duty
Company of Heroes
Brothers in Arms

PezClock

Quote from: SpongeClock SquarePants;1935888GTA

I recommend the iv one. It's awesome.

PhantomCatClock

buttplug

Skyrim looks very nice even though it got boring for me fast.

Play Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP stoned out of your fucking mind with good headphones. Trust me.

Fax Clock

SpongeClock SquarePants

Quote from: Buttplug;1935927Skyrim looks very nice even though it got boring for me fast.

Play Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP stoned out of your fucking mind with good headphones. Trust me.

NintendoClock

Wither 1 (can be a bit drab though, gotta be in the right mindset.)
Witcher 2 (Vastly superior to its predecessor. A must IMO. Hopefully you can run it)
Farcry 3 (Better than you'd think)
Starcraft II
League of Legends/DOTA II (I have an invite for DOTA 2 on steam if you want it)
Crysis 1 + 2/Battlefield 3 (Both are generic but if you want some decent frag action here you go)
Guild Wars 2
Morrowind + Morrowind Overhaul
XCOM Enemy Unkown
Deus Ex Human Revolution (can't recommend this enough)
Civ V GOTY

patriotclock

ive been playing crusader kings ii, wicked insane graphics

VCRClock

<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

AlbinoClock

Quote from: SpongeClock SquarePants;1935888Vampire the Masquarade : Bloodlines

Now that I did play and it was great, though I never did finish the last bit for some reason.

Quote from: Buttplug;1935927Skyrim looks very nice even though it got boring for me fast.

Really? I'm having a blast. I never really got into magic in Oblivion or Morrowind so I'm playing a destruction mage this time. It's pretty awesome.

buttplug

Quote from: AlbinoClock;1936053Now that I did play and it was great, though I never did finish the last bit for some reason.

Really? I'm having a blast. I never really got into magic in Oblivion or Morrowind so I'm playing a destruction mage this time. It's pretty awesome.

I dunno, without mods there are like 3 kinds of destruction spells. Really a step down from Morrowind and even oblivion. I do like how each element has an extra effect now though.

On this playthrough I decided I'm going to try not to visit towns so much. I'm hoping that makes the game more fun by avoiding the whole gold-whoring mentality that ruins TES games for me.

miracle fruit

SpongeClock SquarePants

Quote from: AlbinoClock;1936053Now that I did play and it was great, though I never did finish the last bit for some reason.

This game really is an unpolished diamond. The atmosphere really got to me (so much even that I liked to play it only after dark) I don't remember the end that well though