News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Farted by ToiletRollClock, September 02, 2008, 12:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToiletRollClock

I watched the cartoon in my youth but it's the films that I really love.
Here's a rough edition of my personal review of the Turtles films.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie
Great!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
Dumb, but still fun!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
Irritating rubbish but kinda entertaining.

TMNT
Flawed but great!

Any other fans?

TremcladClock

Kombucha

TMNT was awful, awful, awful.

Anyway I have a bunch of the original cartoon series episodes, some on VHS and others on DVD.

Did you know that it was a comic book first?

Slurpee

Quote from: ToiletRollClock;1393954I watched the cartoon in my youth but it's the films that I really love.
Here's a rough edition of my personal review of the Turtles films.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie
Great!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
Dumb, but still fun!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
Irritating rubbish but kinda entertaining.

TMNT
Flawed but great!

Any other fans?

Agreed on all counts whole heartedly.

ToiletRollClock

Quote from: Kombucha;1393967Did you know that it was a comic book first?

Yeah, I've read one or two of the first issues and I've started reading Tales of the TMNT which is still going. The first movie does a great job of doing the origin story from the first issue.

Quote from: Fitness Celebrity John Basedow;1393969Agreed on all counts whole heartedly.

:)

EDIT: Actually, I had forgotten about this. They're trying to get a special edition made of the first film. I dunno if it'll help by adding this on MySpace but I might as well put the link up:
http://www.myspace.com/tmnt_dvd

Marlin Clock

My brother was a huge fan back in the early nineties.

peyoteclock

teenage mutant ninja turtles was my childhood obsession, i had an assload of the toys, all the movies, sheets, clothes, the archie comics, some of the mirage comics, posters, mirrors, puzzles ETC.!

that being said they are the greatest crime fighting force ever conceived!

TequilaClock

I had Raphael and Leonard toys. Still I never was a big fan when I was a kid, maybe I just never got much into it.

TheCheshireClock

Ooo! You hit a subject that I happen to specialize in.

I agree with you on all of the movies.
Not enough Donnie in the new movie.

I went to Savers on Labor day and found action figures of all four turtles and Splinter on sale! :)

SnakeClock

I thought TMNT was brilliantly animated. Damn near better than Dreamworks, even. Watching it was just entertaining!

Plus, it defined the roles and personalities of each of the Turtles more than the other films, which I appreciated. That scene in the rain between Raphael and Michaelangelo was actually pretty spellbinding.

ToiletRollClock

Quote from: Schnitzel;1395581Not enough Donnie in the new movie.

Yeah, you're not the first person I've heard say that. I keep getting that from people and I guess it's true. I hadn't noticed even though I love Donnie, but whatever. :D Hope there's more Donnie if they make another (I also hope they make another).

Quote from: SnakeClock;1395590Damn near better than Dreamworks

I hate Dreamworks' animated movies. The 1st Shrek was ok but from the films I've seen them make, none of them have heart. It seems they only cast famous people and not people who fit their parts, regardless of popularity like Pixar often do.
Actually, funny story, I once was in HMV and I saw a copies of the Over the Hedge and Shrek 2 video games, next to each other. I was looking at them together and I thought I'd become dyslexic:

Is it just me or do they have similar colour codes?

Quote from: SnakeClock;1395590That scene in the rain between Raphael and Michaelangelo was actually pretty spellbinding.

Aw man, those close-ups of their faces were great. I remember how happy I was to be watching it in the cinema when I saw that part.

PirateClock

I liked the Power Rangers movie better
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

PirateClock

Quote from: Kombucha;1393967Did you know that it was a comic book first?

Did you know it was drawn by the same guy that owns the Heavy Metal magazine? And that he's married to Julie Strain
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

SnakeClock

Quote from: ToiletRollClock;1395772I hate Dreamworks' animated movies. The 1st Shrek was ok but from the films I've seen them make, none of them have heart. It seems they only cast famous people and not people who fit their parts, regardless of popularity like Pixar often do.

I was originally going to say "damn near as good as Pixar", but I knew that wasn't true, and as terrible as Dreamworks is, their animation is at least sound, for everything except the Shrek and Madagascar movies. Over the Hedge and Kung Fu Panda were actually quite good, and TMNT singlehandedly bests them.

joliet_jane

I was a TMNT fan as a little girl.  I think that they had appeal for both boys and girls.  They fought and were cool, but they were also quite cute (and I'm sure this was deliberate).  The modern version is clearly aimed more at boys than the original.

I still have my old action figures and Turtles van at my parent's house.

Also, I recommend the AVGN's 2-part TMNTIII review.  He does them out of character, and he has a lot of insightful things to say:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=33466700
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=33468189

AMPEEEM

TequilaClock

Quote from: ToiletRollClock;1395772Actually, funny story, I once was in HMV and I saw a copies of the Over the Hedge and Shrek 2 video games, next to each other. I was looking at them together and I thought I'd become dyslexic:

...wait a minute.

• Big nose
  • Bucktooth
  • Fungus green
  • Caramel orange
  • Cloudy sky
  • Leather brown
My god, they are recycled palletes and patterns!

TheCheshireClock

Quote from: SnakeClock;1395590I thought TMNT was brilliantly animated. Damn near better than Dreamworks, even. Watching it was just entertaining!

Plus, it defined the roles and personalities of each of the Turtles more than the other films, which I appreciated. That scene in the rain between Raphael and Michaelangelo was actually pretty spellbinding.

You mean Raph and Leo..?

SnakeClock

Quote from: Schnitzel;1396169You mean Raph and Leo..?

Shit, you're right. Michaelangelo's the idiot that drives the party van (I thought that was Donatello, but he's the tech support guy). Sorry; it's been a while since I watched the movie and it's easy to mix their names up.

Roman Collar Clock

I was a huge fan as a kid, but watching the cartoon recently makes me think they haven't aged well.  I still like the movies though, except the 3rd.

I have to watch TMNT sometime.
Quote from: Inquisitor on October 10, 2008, 07:10:33 PM
Whenever RomanCollar goes to 7-11 he gets a dick-flavored slurpee.