News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

What's Your Favourite Sketch in "Coffee and Cigarettes"?

Farted by SnakeClock, September 17, 2008, 05:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Is the Best Segment of "Coffee and Cigarettes"?

trange to Meet You
0 (0%)
wins
0 (0%)
omewhere in California
0 (0%)
hose Things\'ll Kill Ya
0 (0%)
enée
0 (0%)
o Problem
0 (0%)
ousins
0 (0%)
ack Shows Meg His Tesla Coil
0 (0%)
ousins?
0 (0%)
elirium
0 (0%)
hampagne
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

SnakeClock

You know that Jim Jarmusch anthology film Coffee and Cigarettes where various celebrities and famous people get together to chat? If you don't, here's all the segments in the order they appear in the movie:

[u2]ggqrEMtA3TU[/u2]
This is the first segment, "Strange to Meet You", which was filmed in 1986. It stars Steve Wright and Roberto Benigni.

[u2]H2MyCmRrCaQ[/u2]
The next segment is "Twins", starring Cinque Lee, Jodi Lee, and Steve Buscemi as a waiter. It was filmed in 1989.

[u2]K6Mw6b1T50U[/u2]
This is "Somewhere in California", filmed in 1993, where Iggy Pop and Tom Waits, two music icons, that talk about how they quit smoking (while smoking) and have an awkward discussion.

[u2]BPxh9ZuJTqA[/u2]
"These Things'll Kill Ya", the foul-mouthed Joseph Rigano criticizes Vinny Vella for smoking, and Vinny Vella Jr. keeps coming in to silently bilk his dad for money.

[u2]YAviSi0KeMw[/u2]
A rather odd one, "Renée", where Renée French flips through a gun magazine while a waiter bothers her. Unfortunately, the only version I could find on YouTube is this one with Russian dubs, though it doesn't matter, since there's very little dialogue.

[u2]riuUchAtwk8[/u2]
"No Problem", with Isaach De Bankolé and Alex Descas. They're old friends that haven't seen each other in a while, and Isaach keeps asking Alex if he has no problems.

[u2]jDj7In0uIiU[/u2]
"Cousins", where Kate Winslet catches up with Kate Winslet.

[u2]jhfq7DAnoh4[/u2]
"Jack Shows Meg His Tesla Coil"; pretty self-explanatory. Jack White demonstrates his Tesla Coil to Meg White, and explains what revolutions Tesla discovered that were repressed in favour of capitalistic gain. Cinque Lee guest-stars.

[u2]x9-F-Izif3Y[/u2]
"Cousins?" with Alfred Molina and Steve Coogan. Alfred Molina finds out that Steve Coogan is his biological cousin (though they're probably not), and Molina gets all creepy about it. Coogan initially rebuffs him, but then Molina rebuffs him after Coogan finds out that Molina knows Spike Jonze. I could unfortunately only find the second half of this film.

[u2]H6EZkIaJcCI[/u2]
This is one of the more odd skits, "Delirium". It stars GZA, RZA and Bill Murray, who is "in hiding". GZA and RZA discuss alternative medicine with Murray while he drinks straight out of the coffee pot.

[u2]-FYLkBcJBys[/u2]
This is the last segment, "Champagne", where William Rice and Taylor Mead have a transcendent conversation on their coffee break. The events parallel something Jack White said in "Jack Shows Meg His Tesla Coil".

As much as I love the White Stripes, and how well their skit captures their eccentric, clever view of life, I've gotta say "Delirium" is my favourite sketch. Bill Murray shooting the breeze with GZA and RZA in a funny hat just can't be beat! "Cousins?" runs a close second, because Steve Coogan is hilarious when he just sits there.

LeekClock

I mistakenly voted for "those things'll kill ya" when I meant to vote for the scene with Iggy Pop and Tom Waits

SnakeClock

Quote from: LeekClock;1405512I mistakenly voted for "those things'll kill ya" when I meant to vote for the scene with Iggy Pop and Tom Waits

Can't you change your vote, or is this the limit of Administrator power?

SnakeClock

Biblo

I voted for the one with Bill Murray

EDIT: That sounds like I don't know shit, I love this movie.