News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Anime will be the death of us

Farted by Safe___Clock, February 12, 2009, 02:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChimeClock

baaaarrrrrrggggghhh

get outta here, you bloody japanimation folks

DigitalLemonClock

Quote from: GaydadsintheClock;1519663Has anyone else seen Metropolis? It's a feature length based on an Osamu Tezuka story (the astro boy guy) and written by the guy who did Akira. It's a wonderful film.

I got this on vhs when I was 5 or so and it's been in my closet unwatched since then. I ought to go dig it out.

I've been reading a manga called pluto, and only after about 30 chapters or so did I realize it's based on an astro boy arc from the 80's cartoon (i think)

it's from the guy who did monster so it's pretty slick
BAN EVERYBODY

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I read the first volume of the Monster manga and thought it was brilliant. I'll have to read the rest or watch the show some time.

CaramelAppleClock

I recommend you also watch Jigoku shoujo Futakomori and Jigoku shoujo Mitsuganae if you haven't.
In my opinion each season gets more interesting.

Safe___Clock

Quote from: Jim Halpert;1519675I recommend you also watch Jigoku shoujo Futakomori and Jigoku shoujo Mitsuganae if you haven't.
In my opinion each season gets more interesting.
i loved it, the live action was cheesy to say the least.......

Silly Putty Clock

I don't watch anime, so the only three that I've seen and would recommend are FLCL, Ghost in the Shell, and Paprika.

And Cadillac, saying that all anime is terrible is just as unreasonable as saying that all anime is so great super kawaii =^_^= zomg total otaku!!!1!!!11!
I agree that most anime that gets through to the western world is terrible, but you can't judge an entire medium or genre based on the few that get all the attention. That's how anti-clocks think. You're not an anti-clock, are you?
8=======D~~~~>_<~~~~C=======8

Plug Clock

berimfuckyoubau

the only anime i`ve ever seen is:

pokemon
evangelion

when i was 10 or something.

TequilaClock

Quote from: Duck Clock;1519680LockLegion
hahaha touche

Safe___Clock

Quote from: Duck Clock;1519680LockLegion
this guy is a genius

Safe___Clock

TruncheonClock

Uh-huh
Surfaces once every so often, As though he's unable to let go of the past

WobbuffetClock

I haven't watched much anime since I was about 9, but when I was 9 or maybe younger, Sailor Moon and Pokemon were my favourite shows (among others). So I guess I'd recommend those two shows.
flash rules everything around me, f.r.e.a.m.??? get the fivens, portal portal spam, y\'all

EtchASketchClock

I only watch live-action "anime" like Power Rangers/Super Sentai and related spinoffs.
I mean the Zordon era too, shit sucked after that.

Its the only thing I have ever watched in Japanese.
Take Care... Spike Your Hair!
[FLASH=http://files.myfrogbag.com/y10np3/Newsigthatworks.swf]width=400 height=200 wmode=transparent[/FLASH]

Silly Putty Clock

Quote from: Ziltoid the Omniscient;1519708I only watch live-action "anime" like Power Rangers/Super Sentai and related spinoffs.
I mean the Zordon era too, shit sucked after that.

Its the only thing I have ever watched in Japanese.

Power Rangers is beyond mere words.
8=======D~~~~>_<~~~~C=======8

Asshatclock

I watched pokemon and dragonball z when I was 12.

BIG ANIME NERD HERE !!!!

Safe___Clock

also are any of you into manga :3

berimfuckyoubau

Quote from: AssintheClock;1519710I watched pokemon and dragonball z when I was 12.

BIG ANIME NERD HERE !!!!

i forgot about DBZ.

we should get an award for being so fucking anime nerds.

TruncheonClock

Quote from: SAFE M8 INIT BLUD;1519729also are any of you into manga :3

www.onemanga.com

Yess
Uh-huh
Surfaces once every so often, As though he's unable to let go of the past

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: SAFE M8 INIT BLUD;1519729also are any of you into manga :3

I barely watch anime, so most of what I do is manga. GTO, Elfen Lied, and Rurouni Kenshin are some of my favorites. GTO I would highly recommend to anyone.